Ross disappointed, but doesn't sound like he will make staff changes | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross disappointed, but doesn't sound like he will make staff changes

I keep saying it...I don't like it...but I don't think Ross will can anyone. I really think he is blind to just how bad we are. He really believes that "if only we won those close games" crap. People around here say, "he didn't get to be a billionaire being an idiot"...well, he didn't get to be a billionaire rewinding every play of Dolphin games either. He is a fan, but I don't think he really know much about football...just like most fans.

I hope I am wrong...

He won't be back, what do you expect Ross to say with another game left on schedule? Of course he is going to defend his team and the efforts made publcly, but in the end failure is failure and measuring it by rationalizations for the failure only points out the need for change even more. Far too many poor coaching decisions made this season, and far too many draft and free agent mistakes made to overlook.

if ross dont fire sparano , ross is a bad business man

I don't think he really understands how bad this team is. It isn't that he is a bad businessman. Just look at how long it took to convince all the people on this board how bad the staff is. We had people defending them up to this week, and they know alot more about football than Ross. Ross just sees a team that "went to the playoffs" two years ago and is "working with a young QB." He doesn't get it...

Jerry jones 'there will be no changes to the coaching staff. Wade Phillips is the head coach.'. 2 days later, pow, he's gone. I think sparano & henning will be gone as well. The last 2 games against the bills & the lions shows me that sparano is best suited to a line coach or maybe some division aa college coach. I really had high hopes he could do good here.

If Sparano is back next season then I'm not calling for his head. I'm calling for Stephen Ross' head. Literally.

A more recent and less supportive Ross statement after the game according to The Bandits:

MIAMI DOLPHINS BANDITS Owner ROSS after the game shows Frustration: "When you lose at Home, and you are not in the Playoffs--I think it compounds things". "I hear the Fans...and as a Fan...Im as Disappointed as they are".

And this was the same owner who thought HENNE was the next "Marino"..and that the Dolphins were ready this year to com...pete for the Super Bowl. Ouch!!

Whatever they decide, they need to do what it takes to get rid of the current way of playing football. Whoever needs to go to change the way they do things, that's who needs to go. And I bet it is very hard to fin dout who needs to go because they are trying to stay together and cover it up so they can finish the season. So it is hard right now. But after the season ends, each person (players, coaches, etc.) should be evaluated for EXACTLY what they did.

And then it will simply come down to a gut feeling. I mean, if you are in the building and the meeting rooms, you know who is the one covering things up. You know who is allowing people to do the wrong things. It seems to me that the coaches decide these things. That's why I think Miami needs to get a new OC and HC. But I don't know the specifics because I am not there watching and observing what happens.

We'll see what they decide. Whatever they do, just make the moves and get the right people in place that want to become champions. Get rid of people who settle for less. Because that is what we are seeing here. People allowing less to happen and then spinning it to make it seem like more.

Ross said it himself... "If we would have won a few close ones, it would be an entirely different story." But you didn't win. And just because the score was close, it doesn't mean you were actually ever in the game to win it. Too many assumptions. See the light. Just acceot the truth and make the adjustments, even if it takes firing the head coach. Because maybe he can't do what is right. Maybe he can't let go of players who need to be let go.

Some people need to go. Stick to that and see it through. Be patient and the truth will come out. I'm not looking for immediate answers because I want the right answers to come forth. If they want to sort this out, it will get sorted out. Otherwise, we get a cover up and another season of people trying to pound a square peg through a round hole. It just doesn't happen.

Back
Top Bottom