Rotoworld:Dolphins yet to make offer to Bush | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rotoworld:Dolphins yet to make offer to Bush

Sounds like they are going to try it with Miller, or grab a cheaper option in FA. I like Reggie, but there seem to be options at RB out there, as opposed to some of the other holes we have to fill/ avoid filling by re-signing some of the guys we already have. I understand why he isn't a priority, and probably why he shouldn't be.

Why do the dolphins like to keep scrubs like Jason Allen and Chris Clemons for years on end but they love to let go of play makers like Reggie Bush and Brandon Marshall?

Not complicated. You play 16 times per year and devote the remaining days to thought. Thought is dangerous.

Contrarians are not adaptable. Jeff Ireland is a cheapskate contrarian. He refuses to believe certain players are a decisive cut above. In his mind, there's always a price that can make up the difference.

It reminds me of what I've experienced in Las Vegas for decades. Tourists and recreational bettors take the favorite, almost without exception. That's the mindset that would keep Reggie Bush. They know the name. They like touchdowns. On the other side are the so-called wise guys. They are desperate to buck trends, to mock the public, to take the underdog and beg for them to hang in there. Contrarian wise guys thrill to pretend their edge over the public is massive, when in truth it's minimal to nonexistent. They survive on getting better numbers, not offering better opinions. Only a handful of contrarian wise guys can set aside their biases toward the underdog and switch to taking the power favorite when proper. Jeff Ireland hasn't demonstrated that skill.

Good. We can do better

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Or he is gonna do what ryan clark did to us.

I personally hope we keep bush unless he wants outrageous money. At 5 a year for 3 years he would be a bargain and we dont have a running back as good as him on team. He can do alot of things on field.
His pass catching ability is probably the best among runningbacks in nfll. we can afford to pay him a little change because his backups make squat, and we dont have alot of money invested in qb either.

Good. We can do better

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Or he is gonna do what ryan clark did to us.

Silly to think that players are not about the money. Ryan Clark chose the steelers and why wouldnt he at the time. nobody used us . Reggie owuld be stupid to take a lowball offer if he could get much more elsewhere

Ok so what happens if/when Miller gets injured? You rather have Thomas than Bush to take the torch? Meh. We need to re-sign Bush if for nothing less than for depth purposes.

Reggie most likely won't accept a back-up role on any team and I can't blame him. However, if a team like the Packers or Lions does not sign him and no one offers him a starting contract, I can see him accepting the back-up role here in Miami, splitting carries with Lamar.

Reggie most likely won't accept a back-up role on any team and I can't blame him. However, if a team like the Packers or Lions does not sign him and no one offers him a starting contract, I can see him accepting the back-up role here in Miami, splitting carries with Lamar.

I very much doubt that Miller would start over Bush. If he was to be a backup there are much better teams with better backs to backup. Hell go to NE and split carries and possibly get another ring

Silly to think that players are not about the money. Ryan Clark chose the steelers and why wouldnt he at the time. nobody used us . Reggie owuld be stupid to take a lowball offer if he could get much more elsewhere [/QU

I agree. It was just a thought.

Silly to think that players are not about the money. Ryan Clark chose the steelers and why wouldnt he at the time. nobody used us . Reggie owuld be stupid to take a lowball offer if he could get much more elsewhere [/QU

I agree. It was just a thought.

As a runningback u better be about the money to a degree because u have a short shelf life and teams constantly lowball u esp when u approach 30

I very much doubt that Miller would start over Bush. If he was to be a backup there are much better teams with better backs to backup. Hell go to NE and split carries and possibly get another ring

For a team not to give their starting running back any contract conversation a couple months past Miami's final game, that is not good. Ireland has stated how he has Lamar preparing for huge roles in 2013. Lamar is going to be the primary back next season, and I'm looking forward to it.

For a team not to give their starting running back any contract conversation a couple months past Miami's final game, that is not good. Ireland has stated how he has Lamar preparing for huge roles in 2013. Lamar is going to be the primary back next season, and I'm looking forward to it.

So ireland chooses who starts for us. Look Miller looked fine but way too little to know if he can carry the load. He really didnt play much in any meaningful games

I personally hope we keep bush unless he wants outrageous money. At 5 a year for 3 years he would be a bargain and we dont have a running back as good as him on team. He can do alot of things on field.
His pass catching ability is probably the best among runningbacks in nfll. we can afford to pay him a little change because his backups make squat, and we dont have alot of money invested in qb either.
+

i agree with keepin him because with some REAL WRs THAT CAN STRECH THE FIELD and he can play to his strenght because they sure as heck dont wont to put a LB on him out of the bk field , i think that bush will benefit a whole lot more to our team , if we will use him the right way , with the field being streched with the wrs and TEs , we can let bush play to his strenght . imo bush would resign with us for around 3-4 mil .

They will let the market dictate his value, at this point its a smart move. The FA RB market is quickly being flooded with decent names (Ahmad Bradshaw, Steven Jackson, Michael Turner, Peyton Hillis, Cedric Benson, Shoonee Greene, Rashard Mendenhall) so it may seem that if Reggie does not take a very team friendly contract we would bring someone else desperate for work that will.

In addition even if Reggie comes back I see Miller being the lead RB of the 1-2 punch.

Did you, or anyone ele, watch MIAMI play last season? MILLER was mediocre on his BEST day. I/m/o, he's more likely to bust than ever be as good as BUSH. If MIAMI's organization thinks the opposite, then I begin to understand why MIAMI has sucked Wazoo fo so long, and why it's likely to continue...sucking, that is.

Back
Top Bottom