RT Eric Winston is available...? Interest ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RT Eric Winston is available...? Interest ?

I actually wouldn't mind adding Eric Winston. Benton had him in Houston when they both did very well, so if Benton signed off on him I would imagine he would be confident that he could do a decent job. Winston made it clear he would like to be here ... we just never pulled the trigger.

Pretty sure the guy is done from what I've heard. I want no part of Marc Colombo pt 2 if that is the case.

Maybe I take things too personal, but Miami tried to get Winston in 2011 and 2012 and he kept saying no. At some point you have to move on. At this point I'm ok with using all six draft picks on linemen if it results in not having the line be a priority again for the next five years.

I would take him over McKinney at right tackle. I could care less what he said about vagina gate. If Benton thinks he can do the job and we sign him, that is good enough for me.

He has nothing left in the tank. He actually graded out worse than Jonathan Martin, and far worse than Clabo last year. Pass. Id rather re-sign Clabo or sign Jason Fox from Detroit.

did he not come out a few weeks ago and rip the dolphins leadership and locker room? I wonder how that would go over with the current players.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...winston-miami-dolphins-locker-room-an-outlier

Well I re-read the article and re-listened to the NFL Network interview ... and I can't really see the locker room having a problem with what he said.

Thanks for the link btw.

All he said is that the Dolphins locker room situation was an outlier. Nobody on our team is going to disagree with that. Pouncey and a few of the veterans may feel mischaracterized by the whole thing, but bullying isn't something anyone in our locker room was proud of happening. Just because the men in a physically demanding and dominating sport were over the top doesn't mean that it reflects on the people who were not over the top. Martin threw the team under the bus, no doubt, but that doesn't excuse what Jerry, Incognito and Pouncey did. It's not uncommon for NFL players to challenge one another physically or psychologically. This is a game of domination, especially in the trenches.

When asked a direct question about the Dolphins locker room I can't imagine Winston replying that he approved of that conduct, would you have? Winston was non-specific, explained that most locker rooms are supportive and fun, and moved on from the topic entirely. I don't see him getting any backlash for those comments.

Winstons time has come and gone.Leave that alone.I think it would be a waste of money.

Better off to just go into the draft and get 2-3 guys for the line. After that there should still be some decent vets that you can get to fill in. Mckinnie and Clabo most likely will both still be available and already know the system and around the same skill level than winston if not better.

Back
Top Bottom