RT Eric Winston is available...? Interest ?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Cowboynemo, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Cowboynemo

Cowboynemo Well-Known Member

Like that dude...blue collar kinda guy. He is available...wanted him last year

2. Digital

Digital Starter

I actually wouldn't mind adding Eric Winston. Benton had him in Houston when they both did very well, so if Benton signed off on him I would imagine he would be confident that he could do a decent job. Winston made it clear he would like to be here ... we just never pulled the trigger.

3. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

Pretty sure the guy is done from what I've heard. I want no part of Marc Colombo pt 2 if that is the case.

4. gregorygrant83

gregorygrant83 A True Fan

Maybe I take things too personal, but Miami tried to get Winston in 2011 and 2012 and he kept saying no. At some point you have to move on. At this point I'm ok with using all six draft picks on linemen if it results in not having the line be a priority again for the next five years.

5. 123phins

123phins Well-Known Member

6. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

i think we need to. at worst he is depth

7. Retnuhrace

Retnuhrace Seasoned Veteran

Deja vu.

8. lemonpepperfish

lemonpepperfish janitor

After what he said about our locker room? Give me a break! Don't want that piece of crap anywhere near our team!

9. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin PowerHungryMo'fo

10. TPD1479

TPD1479 Seasoned Veteran

I would take McKinney over him and I don't particularly want McKinney

11. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

I would take him over McKinney at right tackle. I could care less what he said about vagina gate. If Benton thinks he can do the job and we sign him, that is good enough for me.

12. fininpsl

fininpsl A True Fan

He has nothing left in the tank. He actually graded out worse than Jonathan Martin, and far worse than Clabo last year. Pass. Id rather re-sign Clabo or sign Jason Fox from Detroit.

13. Digital

Digital Starter

Well I re-read the article and re-listened to the NFL Network interview ... and I can't really see the locker room having a problem with what he said.

Thanks for the link btw.

All he said is that the Dolphins locker room situation was an outlier. Nobody on our team is going to disagree with that. Pouncey and a few of the veterans may feel mischaracterized by the whole thing, but bullying isn't something anyone in our locker room was proud of happening. Just because the men in a physically demanding and dominating sport were over the top doesn't mean that it reflects on the people who were not over the top. Martin threw the team under the bus, no doubt, but that doesn't excuse what Jerry, Incognito and Pouncey did. It's not uncommon for NFL players to challenge one another physically or psychologically. This is a game of domination, especially in the trenches.

When asked a direct question about the Dolphins locker room I can't imagine Winston replying that he approved of that conduct, would you have? Winston was non-specific, explained that most locker rooms are supportive and fun, and moved on from the topic entirely. I don't see him getting any backlash for those comments.

14. justdon

justdon Well-Known Member

Winstons time has come and gone.Leave that alone.I think it would be a waste of money.

15. 123phins

Better off to just go into the draft and get 2-3 guys for the line. After that there should still be some decent vets that you can get to fill in. Mckinnie and Clabo most likely will both still be available and already know the system and around the same skill level than winston if not better.

16. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

No thanks.. He's a has been..

Here's a thought.. When you're going from team to team to team to team, you're likely not worth a crap

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

17. WadeCounty1231

WadeCounty1231 Well-Known Member

I would be good with it. I really dont want to have to take oline early and often in the draft. Winston would be short term, but maybe will let us draft ol later in the draft and we develop them.

18. ONole1

ONole1 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Winston is vocal and with his new role he may have a hard time finding any team to sign him at this point. He is an average at best player to begin with and add that to it...

19. JTC111

JTC111 Viva la resistance!!!

He dispels the "all locker rooms are the same" argument (and he's backed up in that by an Eagles player) and implies the Fins need better leaders. So what's the problem?

Yeah, we certainly don't want people who can recognize problematic behavior.

20. 123phins

When was he in the locker room to evaluate the leadership? No other player on the fins had a problem with the leadership so how is it so different?

If you have no idea what the locker room is like or what the leadership is like you shouldnt be saying anything

21. JTC111

Winston certainly has a better idea of what happens in an NFL locker room than you do, so maybe you should take your own advice.

22. 123phins

when did i say it was a good or bad environment? when did i say there was good or bad leadership?... Oh right i haven't.

You think the 50+ guy who have no problem with the environment will appreciate being criticized? you think the leaders will appreciate a guy calling them out when his opinion is strictly media based?

He would know what an NFL locker room is like but last time i checked he has never been a player inside the dolphins locker room so he knows no better than I do what their locker room is like and how it in particular operates.

23. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

In all seriousness? I'd bring him in as a backup just to lend credibility to the 'restoration' of the locker room.

Winston is a high character individual.

24. JTC111

I never said you claimed either, so I don't know why you're moaning about that.

There are enough things that we know for a fact went on for any of us to draw our own conclusions. If this team had positive leadership in the locker room, the crap that went on last year would have likely been dealt with before it got as far as it did. That a sociopath with a long history of problematic behavior was put in a leadership position speaks volumes.

25. 123phins

You said take my own advice about accusing when you dont know, which i didnt.

And Tannehill said it the nest. How are the leaders supposed to step on a problem when there is no visible problem. The guy was being bullied but at the same time he laughed at the cracks and gave his own right back. Being a coping mechanism or not nobody is gonna step in when they dont know. Im sure that in every other locker room the same thing would have happened no matter who the leaders were. How do you see an invisible problem?

26. JTC111

Not everything was invisible.

27. Aquaaiea

Aquaaiea Well-Known Member

Sign him immediately!

28. KTOWNFINFAN

KTOWNFINFAN Seasoned Veteran

Ya mean like Revis ??

29. CalDolFan10x14

CalDolFan10x14 Your QB for the next 10 years. Finheaven VIP Donator

We've played this Winston game before, I don't the 3rd time being the charm. I also don't see too many teams rushing to bring him in for a look. He may be asking too much for people's tastes. I'd rather go young and get Zach Martin in the first round.

30. KTOWNFINFAN

KTOWNFINFAN Seasoned Veteran

We need to come to some type of conclusion as to who is the best RT still left on the market and make the move. We have to have one, AND draft one so why wait until after the draft? We need to go ahead and do it now before someone else gets another one off the market. Whether it is Winston or someone else really doesn't matter to me, but I would feel a lot better about our GM if we got one before the draft.

Can't say I am real excited about the moves we have made so far, but am willing to see how things turn out.

31. twix2500

twix2500 A True Fan

Like what? Jonathan Martin even admitted that he didnt make it known and has always hide his true feelings.

32. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

You just need to wear 3D glasses...
    Incessant arguing over nothing...

33. JTC111

Like what happened at the golf event, like what happened with the asst. trainer...

34. MiamiDolfan85

MiamiDolfan85 DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY

nope....draft one & develop one, stop being lazy

35. HoneyB

HoneyB A True Fan

Ultimately, you can't win with consistently poor drafts, so it's always back to that.

Eager to see how Hickey does.

36. DolfanISS

DolfanISS Perennial All-Pro Finheaven VIP

Finheaven hero Eric Winston. So good he's a free agent stop gap every year. Sounds like Tyson Clabo 2 or Marc Columbo 3 to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

37. fininpsl

fininpsl A True Fan

If he's cheap this makes sense, but just last year he was looking for $5 million per. And of course he isn't worth close to that. Anything much more than vet minimum is too much.

38. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

Not sure what your point is as this thread is about Eric Winston, so I won't address it. Let's try to stay on topic next time

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

39. fishbanger

fishbanger Phin fan since 1970!

Looks like any OT signing will wait till after the draft.

40. PPPP

PPPP Well-Known Member

**** no. He's terrible. There is only one reason why anyone would want him on here, and it's an awful reason.