Running backs thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Running backs thread

Javonte Williams runs through tackles.

I like that about him.

Williams is a fast riser, bigger back too. If he's there in the third that would be a great value.

I also don't want the team to draft a running back in the first. Although I am a fan of Etienne and Harris. Harris, in particular, would be a great fit.
Javonte Williams is the truth and the best TB in gountry this year. He is perfect for Miami. He won’t last to 3rd

I'd much prefer Williams to Najee Harris.

For one thing, he is 2 full years younger. He is excelling at an early age and this is likely to mean that he has not plateaued yet. Harris' age and the fact that he went back to school worries me. I keep looking at him and seeing an average NFL back.

He reminds me of Marshawn Lynch the way he runs through tackles, and tacklers.

I'll admit it... I'm kind of a nazi when it comes to player ages. It is usually the first thing I look up when I start to consider signing or drafting a player. If I see two players who I have ranked more or less equally, I will ALWAYS select/sign the younger one unless there are health/behavior flags.

I've learned not to trust fifth year seniors, overaged rookies, and 30 year old free agents. These guys are not going to grow... they almost NEVER grow... and like in investing, I don't want to chase past performance.

Javonte Williams is the truth and the best TB in gountry this year. He is perfect for Miami. He won’t last to 3rd

He clearly likes Hard Rock Stadium. 200+ yds and 3 TDs. I'd take Michael Carter too they're an unbelievable duo - 308 yds and 2 TDs for Carter. They're both good receivers and can block too.

We could probably get Carter in the 3rd or 4th but I agree Williams is the guy - he's just so fun to watch. You can forget about tackling him low or with an arm tackle.

Btw what happened to Quincy Roche and Jaelen Phillips? It was a horrible day for those two. Rousseau will be counting his lucky stars he opted out this year.

I'd much prefer Williams to Najee Harris.

For one thing, he is 2 full years younger. He is excelling at an early age and this is likely to mean that he has not plateaued yet. Harris' age and the fact that he went back to school worries me. I keep looking at him and seeing an average NFL back.

Kylin Hill is another one that runs like that, but like Harris... he is already 22.

Considering how everyone says you draft a back and ride him for 4 or 5 years and then move on, I don't think age as a rookie is that important anymore. Even if they enter the league at 22 that means you're looking to replace them by 26 or 27 instead of 25 or 26.

Last edited:
Considering how everyone says you draft a back and rife him for 4 or 5 years and then move on, I don't think age as a rookie is that important anymore. Even if they enter the league at 22 that means you're looking to replace them by 26 or 27 instead of 25 or 26.
Unless of course... you take a guy who is already a budding star at 20... and then he's only 24 when he comes up for a contract.

THAT guy is worth the second contract if he is healthy, and it isn't an outrageous number.

Unless of course... you take a guy who is already a budding star at 20... and then he's only 24 when he comes up for a contract.

THAT guy is worth the second contract if he is healthy, and it isn't an outrageous number.
Based on what a lot of fans are saying these days, if you do that you could be left looking at a Zeke Elliot situation... baying big bucks for a talented player but still questioning if it was the right move.

Based on what a lot of fans are saying these days, if you do that you could be left looking at a Zeke Elliot situation... baying big bucks for a talented player but still questioning if it was the right move.
Maybe...

But it comes down to the guy and the whether he wants to be part of the scheme.

I'm thinking that teams MAY have figured out what happens when you overpay Zeke or Bell. It only takes one stupid team to break the trend, but if we've been going deep into the playoffs and our offer is competitive, without being crazy... then a guy might sign. ...and if he doesn't, then we get a comp pick.

One thing is for sure, if our guy is young (like Williams), we'll have the opportunity to work something out... whereas if he is older (like Harris), there is no point.

Who knows... if we took Williams and he worked out... and we signed him to an extension after year 3 (say 3 more years), we could be in a good spot.

Obviously, none of this is even remotely guaranteed, but I think it'd be smart to give ourselves an opportunity... ya know?

That is the only knock on him.

He does not look like a natural pass catcher.
That is one reason I think Harris might be the best fit for Miami. He can catch and block. Blocking is one of the more underrated aspects to a running backs game.

Williams is extremely interesting, though. He hasn't played running back very long so that's an aspect of his game that may come along.

The Fins don't throw to their RB's very much anyway, which has always bugged me.

So they may not care about that as much as some teams.

Back
Top Bottom