Russsell is better than Quinn | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Russsell is better than Quinn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady Quinn isn't even in the same catagory as Peyton. Quinn plays a weak as schedule, and didn't beat any of the good team they did manage to play. Peyton placed in the SEC. He won big games, he just didn't beat FLORIDA. I think you may be mentally ill you think Quinn will amount to half as much as Peyton at the NFL level. It's really a moot point anyways because we won't be drafting him.

No offense, but I will place my trust in Mueller and Cameron to make the right decision.

So with that rationale... we will be just fine with brady so long as our defense is better than the other teams defense and we don't have to put up significant points.

All these pro quinn posts remind me of all the pro harrington posts I read all year. Any excuse we can find to shed blame for anything off quinn is what we get to read.

Hopefully, if we get quinn.. we start playing army, navy, airforce and stanford cuz those are the only games quinn shows up for.

He's tapped out. How much better can he get. Many other qb's have much higher ceilings than quinn.

Most of the ppl on here who aren't in love with quinn hear that line all the time.
you can't judge quinn by one game. We're not. Any game he wasn't supposed to win he didn't. He beats up on the garbage teams, and loses to everyone else.

Draft another need with your #9 pick. get a qb in later rounds, FA or next years draft class, which is said to be better than this years anyway.

:rolleyes:
And if you watched Joey Harrington face Tom Brady head to head in the second Miami-NE matchup of the season, you would say the same about Harrington over Brady.

But that is why it is, quite frankly, stupid to trust in QB-vs-QB individual game matchups, and even more stupid to judge a quarterback based on one game.

If you understood the context of my comments you would realize it was a generalized statement about his career. BTW Jamarcus Russell will be drafted ahead of him, but not because he's better. The bottom line drafting a qb is a crap shoot. However, my analysis of Quinn is based on his performance against teams with speed on defense. He hasn't faired well, but the defensive speed in the NFL is much slower than at the collegate level. Oh wait it's the other way around. :rolleyes2

And if you watched Joey Harrington face Tom Brady head to head in the second Miami-NE matchup of the season, you would say the same about Harrington over Brady.

But that is why it is, quite frankly, stupid to trust in QB-vs-QB individual game matchups, and even more stupid to judge a quarterback based on one game.

Thank you CK!! By the way, what are your thoughts on Brady Quinn, i.e. how do you think he'll do in the nfl? I know he has pretty much all the physical stuff you look for in a qb (strong arm, tall, pretty good accuracy), the knock on him seems to be his mental / psychologica attributes. As you are probably the wisest football guru on this board (hey, its not sucking up if you are simply stating a fact), I was wondering if you could bless us with your perspective concerning this matter.

:rolleyes:

If you understood the context of my comments you would realize it was a generalized statement about his career. BTW Jamarcus Russell will be drafted ahead of him, but not because he's better. The bottom line drafting a qb is a crap shoot. However, my analysis of Quinn is based on his performance against teams with speed on defense. He hasn't faired well, but the defensive speed in the NFL is much slower than at the collegate level. Oh wait it's the other way around. :rolleyes2

And you honestly think the talent level of his Oline and WRs don't contribute to those struggles?

Horse_with_blinders_small-1.jpg

And you honestly think the talent level of his Oline and WRs don't contribute to those struggles?

Why does everyone have excuses for a qb's failures. Great qbs are great thinkers and cool under preasure. He hasn't shown that. He has the skills but, IMO not the composure.

quote:

So now, not only does our defense have to be lightyears better than the opposition, but we have to have a probowl OLINE and probowl WR's for quinn to be successful.

why is it so hard to see that quinn has been slightly above average his whole career.

Does he have tools. Is he smart. Is he mobile. YES HE IS.

Is he a winner. That is the question.

You don't hear any arguments about his oline or WR when they are mauling north carolina or stanford or army.
He doesn't produce a W against big teams.

Does it fall on his shoulders... yes he's the qb thats just the way life goes.

He made a comparison between the two. It doesn't get any clearer than that.

No. He brought up Manning not winning big games, he didnt compare their skill level which is completely different. That was clear to everyone but you apparently.

quote:

So now, not only does our defense have to be lightyears better than the opposition, but we have to have a probowl OLINE and probowl WR's for quinn to be successful.

why is it so hard to see that quinn has been slightly above average his whole career.

You don't hear any arguments about his oline or WR when they are mauling north carolina or stanford or army.

Hey, Ken Dorsey was a winner, let's trade our 1st pick to the Browns for him. his defense, Oline, and position players played no part in Miami getting victoreis. :rolleyes2

quote:

Yes, thats exactly what I meant. :rolleyes2

Why am I even in this debate? I forgot how many NFL quality talent scouts we had here.

quote:

Was Brady a winner at Michigan???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom