Russsell is better than Quinn | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Russsell is better than Quinn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady Quinn isn't even in the same catagory as Peyton. Quinn plays a weak as schedule, and didn't beat any of the good team they did manage to play. Peyton placed in the SEC. He won big games, he just didn't beat FLORIDA. I think you may be mentally ill you think Quinn will amount to half as much as Peyton at the NFL level. It's really a moot point anyways because we won't be drafting him.

Where did I say he was the next P. Manning? There were some stupid people that said P. Manning sucked because he didn't won big games:rolleyes:

Think before you post

I don't why everybody is so against Quinn with our 1st rnd pick. Do you think that we have a franchise QB? Hell no! We are the laughing stock of the NFL when it comes to getting everybody elses scrap's. (QB)

Draft Quinn at #9

Russell NO, Quinn Yes!!!!

Russell = Vick, or Leaf or Shuler.... ALL DUMB QB's who failed in the NFL. :shakeno:

Quinn = Potential Brady... Or any other NFL proto type QB... He is a smart player who can learn offenses and read defenses!!!!:ninja:

Lets get us a proto type NFL QB... Not just an athlete!!

Jamarcus Russel makes leftwich look fast

Sorry man, but it just isn't true. The guy has run a 4.70 before at 6'6" and 250+ pounds. He's gained 497 yards running the ball over the past two years. He did that on 77 carries...or 6.5 yards per carry.

Just because the guy doesn't react well to pressure inside the pocket, that doesn't mean he's not a guy that moves really well. He moves EXTREMELY well for that size especially on designed movement.

If you watched the 2 qbs matched head to head in their bowl game Brady looked lost out there against LSU's defense. Jamarcus Russell looked much better. I wouldn't waste our first round pick on Brady. He isnt worth it. How many big games did he win at Notre Dame ? Don't even say Michigan State because they aren't good enough to be called even a quality win. :rolleyes:

It's all about when we have the opportunity to draft....If we trade up and can get to Russell, well that's fine but something I would not do. The consensus is that Brady may be available without us trading up. The other factor, besides finding a trade-up partner, is at what cost would it be for us to get high enough to get Russell. I think all the draftniks have Russell projecting better than Quinn, so your revelation is moot. To say that Quinn isn't worthy of a top 10 pick isn't the smartest point either. The individual workouts will tel the tape on him (and Russell). As a QB and given Brady's exposure to a true pro-style offense...he's certainly worthy of a top 10 pick. I wouldn't trade up for him though under any circumstance and that's just because we still have DC pending his recovery from the knee...

this stuff is getting rediculous

Talk about a short-sighted argument...not something I typically have come to expect out of GBN Report.

They basically took a look at the three most uncompetitive games that Notre Dame played as a team over the last two years, and put the magnifying glass on those three performances.

What would that look like if you did the same for Matt Leinart? Or Jay Cutler? Jamarcus Russell?

Let's take a look at Jamarcus Russell vs. Auburn and Florida in 2006 and Georgia in 2005. These constitute the three most uncompetitive games that LSU has played over the time period.

Russell would be 55 of 95, 617 yards, 1 TD, and 4 INTs.

Gee, this is fun. Gotta love tailor-fitting together players' worst games and then magnifying their significance...
thanks for writing that haha, i was about to say something similar but i cant back stuff up with the stats like you... all hail ck! haha:lol:
seriously though if you take russels CAREER vs quinn's CAREER isnt it clear that quinn had the better one? and yes... good quarterbacks can struggle against good defenses, thats why those defenses ARE GOOD! you cant tell me that you didnt see a winner when quinn was playing his heart out against usc a while back, and what has russel done to qualify himself as a winner? one bowl game against the other great qb of the draft? lsu has been better than notre dame for awhile and russel has enjoyed the talent around him. I just dont get the automatic judgement that russel is a winner and quinn isnt.

and whats all this about russel having SO MUCH upside and quinn being maxed out? that doesnt even make sense that hes MAXED OUT! hes going to get to the nfl, get strength and speed training and quinn is already an above average athlete for his position and hes gonna be better than before athletically(sp... i know i had a brain fart). Are you implying that he's maxed out mentally or something then? Wow... a smart kid coming from a big school being taught a complicated pro-style offense under the former SUPERBOWL CHAMPION Charlie Weis being thought to be mentally MAXED out for the nfl...:rolleyes2 (hes in his early twenties NOT forties!)

Talk about a short-sighted argument...not something I typically have come to expect out of GBN Report.

They basically took a look at the three most uncompetitive games that Notre Dame played as a team over the last two years, and put the magnifying glass on those three performances.

That's not uncommon. A scout should place the highest weight vs a team that would most resemble an NFL defense.

What would that look like if you did the same for Matt Leinart? Or Jay Cutler? Jamarcus Russell?

Let's take a look at Jamarcus Russell vs. Auburn and Florida in 2006 and Georgia in 2005. These constitute the three most uncompetitive games that LSU has played over the time period.

Russell would be 55 of 95, 617 yards, 1 TD, and 4 INTs.

Yes, but you had to go to 2005 to find that 3rd bad game. Obviously, Russell has shot up the board based on his final performance in relation to Quinn's final performance. But, even in his bad games...Russell still has a healthy completion percentage.

Quinn is a victom of higher expectations. The scouts have to project him to the NFL game where players are bigger and faster. To see his completion percentage take that type of dive against bigger, faster teams does send up a red flag. Though their conclusion seems skewed...their is a valid concern buried in there.

If you watched the 2 qbs matched head to head in their bowl game Brady looked lost out there against LSU's defense. Jamarcus Russell looked much better. I wouldn't waste our first round pick on Brady. He isnt worth it. How many big games did he win at Notre Dame ? Don't even say Michigan State because they aren't good enough to be called even a quality win. :rolleyes:

Who did Dan Marino beat?

That's not uncommon. A scout should place the highest weight vs a team that would most resemble an NFL defense.

That's not necessarily true for a quarterback at all. Pressure is pressure and open is open. If you're Jay Cutler and your offensive line can't block even the meanest of SEC defensive lines that don't really resemble pro defensive lines at all, the pressure is still the pressure and what you do in the face of that pressure is about what you can expect under that much pressure in the NFL.

In the case of Quinn in picking out those three games, they are Notre Dame's most uncompetitive games in the last two years. Those aren't NFL conditions. In the NFL, general perception is that parity will help you stay competitive. In the NFL, you aren't necessarily expected to put up tons of points to win games when your defense can't stop the opposing offense from scoring, your offensive line can't give you more than a second and a half to throw the ball, you have no ground threat, and your receivers are significantly slower than the defensive backs that are covering them.

Those are not NFL conditions. Nor do the games most resemble NFL games.

Yes, but you had to go to 2005 to find that 3rd bad game. Obviously, Russell has shot up the board based on his final performance in relation to Quinn's final performance. But, even in his bad games...Russell still has a healthy completion percentage.

Quinn is a victom of higher expectations. The scouts have to project him to the NFL game where players are bigger and faster. To see his completion percentage take that type of dive against bigger, faster teams does send up a red flag. Though their conclusion seems skewed...their is a valid concern buried in there.

I didn't have to. Those three games they picked out for Quinn were the three least competitive games that Notre Dame played in the last two years, so I picked out the three least competitive games that LSU played in the last two years. I fail to see the difference.

If you're stuck on them all being from 2006 then against Florida and Auburn, Jamarcus Russell tossed 44 of 76, 497 yards, 3 interceptions and 1 touchdown. Not exactly a whole lot different there. His QB rating of 65.5 is still lower than Quinn's QB rating in the three-game analysis by GBN Report.

I mean you point out that in his bad games Russell still has a healthy completion percentage and I point out that in his bad games, Quinn still has a decent TD/INT ratio.

...In the case of Quinn in picking out those three games, they are Notre Dame's most uncompetitive games in the last two years...

Uncompetitive? That's an interesting way to put it. Of course, Quinn could have made those games more competitive. But, it's a team sport and uncompetitive doesn't happen in a vacuum.

For whatever reason, Jamarcus Russell appears to be winning the competition. It's probably not just his great arm, or poise in the pocket...it may have something to do with his upside. He's only a junior. And being a year behind Quinn doesn't seem to be a disadvantage.

some people are comparing quinn to harrinton (oh nooooo!!!!:ninja:), i dont want anything to do with anyone mentioned as the next Joey Harrington.

quote:

who did marino beat.

marino lost six games in four years if I remember correctly.
Please do not even think of comparing the two.

Uncompetitive? That's an interesting way to put it. Of course, Quinn could have made those games more competitive. But, it's a team sport and uncompetitive doesn't happen in a vacuum.

For whatever reason, Jamarcus Russell appears to be winning the competition. It's probably not just his great arm, or poise in the pocket...it may have something to do with his upside. He's only a junior. And being a year behind Quinn doesn't seem to be a disadvantage.

Uncompetitive in nearly every way. Receivers were not getting open, the offensive line was dissected and skewered, the ground game could not be counted on except in irregular situations, and the defense allowed score after score after score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom