Russsell is better than Quinn | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Russsell is better than Quinn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry man, but it just isn't true. The guy has run a 4.70 before at 6'6" and 250+ pounds. He's gained 497 yards running the ball over the past two years. He did that on 77 carries...or 6.5 yards per carry.

Just because the guy doesn't react well to pressure inside the pocket, that doesn't mean he's not a guy that moves really well. He moves EXTREMELY well for that size especially on designed movement.

Actually that fact makes me want nothing to do with the Russell.

ck..... what three games are you referring to exactly. I mean against which teams in particular. I would venture a bet that they are decent teams.

None of which would include army, navy, airforce, stanford, north carolina etc etc etc... which has been exactly my point.

I can't pretend to know who you are talking about because I am not a statistician, but I have been trying to pound it home this entire time, he struggles against teams that don't completely suck.

It's not secret that lsu's (since were now debating russell vs quinn), schedule is year in and year probably more difficult. I am not guaranteeing this, cuz ND plays some big ten powerhouses, but I would be willing to bet that across the board, lsu would have a tougher time. They certainly don't basically have 5-4 guaranteed wins a year with the pathetic teams that Notre Dame plays every year.

Brady Quinn isn't even in the same catagory as Peyton. Quinn plays a weak as schedule, and didn't beat any of the good team they did manage to play. Peyton placed in the SEC. He won big games, he just didn't beat FLORIDA. I think you may be mentally ill you think Quinn will amount to half as much as Peyton at the NFL level. It's really a moot point anyways because we won't be drafting him.

Ok, so let me get this straight...you don't like Brady Quinn. I think that's clear now. Anything else?

What kinda logic is that?

Shall we compare LSU's Defense with ND's?

Supporting cast plays a big factor.
I hate the supporting cast argument. His talents alone should have resulted in good stats in the LSU game. Marino wasn't surrounded by talent but he had amazing stats. Drew bress wasn't surrounded by talent at Purdue but he also had good stats against good teams. Him throwing 2 ints against LSU shouldn't be blamed on every other player on NDs team. However, if we draft him I will support him.

No offense, but I will place my trust in Mueller and Cameron to make the right decision.
This is all we can do as fans. If we draft Quinn, I will be the first guy in a Quinn jersey despite the fact that I am not sold on him.

This offeseason leading up to draft is going to be filled with more anticipation than the last season under Saban. Let the guessing games begin. :wink:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion

I hate the supporting cast argument. His talents alone should have resulted in good stats in the LSU game. Marino wasn't surrounded by talent but he had amazing stats. Drew bress wasn't surrounded by talent at Purdue but he also had good stats against good teams. Him throwing 2 ints against LSU shouldn't be blamed on every other player on NDs team. However, if we draft him I will support him.

This is a very solid point. I agree 100%. This is part of what i have been trying to say.

FTR... I also agree with your subsequent post.
Not sold on him at all, but will support him.

This is all we can do as fans. If we draft Quinn, I will be the first guy in a Quinn jersey despite the fact that I am not sold on him.

That's very cool of you. If we do draft him, I believe after a year, you will be glad you bought that jersey.

2413fanphins; Originally Posted by [B said:
Motion[/B] [url]http://images.finheaven.com/forums/buttons/viewpost.gif[/URL]

I hate the supporting cast argument. His talents alone should have resulted in good stats in the LSU game. Marino wasn't surrounded by talent but he had amazing stats. Drew bress wasn't surrounded by talent at Purdue but he also had good stats against good teams. Him throwing 2 ints against LSU shouldn't be blamed on every other player on NDs team. However, if we draft him I will support him.1061817913]Quote:

Here is comparisons of Russell, Quinn and some of the greats college stats:

Brady Quinn’s College Career Stats: Notre Dame
Comp 929 Attempts 1602 Yards 11,762 Comp % 57.5 Tds 95 Ints 39 QB Rating 152.64

Joe Montana’s College Career Stats:
Comp 291 Attempts 574 Yards 4,395 Comp % 50.7 Tds 27 Ints 28 QB Rating N/A

Dan Marino’s College Career Stats: Pittsburgh
Comp 693 Attempts 1204 Yards 8,597 Comp % 57.6 Tds 79 Ints 69 QB Rating 77.7

John Elway’s College Career Stats: Stanford
Comp 774 Attempts 1243 Yards 9,349 Comp % 62.1 Tds 77 Ints N/A QB Rating N/A

Jamarcus Russell College Career Stats: LSU
Comp 493 Attempts 797 Yards 6625 Comp % 61.8 Tds 52 Ints 21 QB Rating 143.6

I also read a post on another thread that Quinn was a sure bust because he never played big in big games and he never won a bowl game. I found that amusing since John Elway never played in a bowl game and never led Stanford to a bowl appearence

Russell is a freak of nature but he will not be that good as an NFL QB. A scout i talked to last friday said his work ethic is pathetic. On the other hand he said his potental is unlimited if he wants to work hard. He said that he could be as good as he wants to be but that he needs to work much harder than he has been thus far in his career.

No where did I say that there should be NO blame put on Quinn for ND's performance. But if your comapring Quinn to Russell based on that game you MUST consider the rest of the team(s). LSU's defense and WR corps are on a completely different level than ND's.

I hate the supporting cast argument. His talents alone should have resulted in good stats in the LSU game.

I'm sorry that's nonsense.

LSU crowded the line of scrimmage, they shut down Darius Walker and forced Quinn to beat them. They brought Landry into the box and then rushed 8 and sometimes 9 men against an already porous line. Quinn had absolutely no time in the pocket and even more importantly, his receivers had no time to work their routes. A receivers work is done on timing.....1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, CUT/BALL/CATCH. If the ball is in the air somewhere between 1000 and 2000, then what chance do you have?

You can't blame LSU's dominance of Notre Dame on Brady Quinn anymore than you can blame it on Tom Zbikowski. Sometimes, when you line 'em up, yours'n's, better than ours'n' and that's just the way it is.

I'm sorry that's nonsense.

LSU crowded the line of scrimmage, they shut down Darius Walker and forced Quinn to beat them. They brought Landry into the box and then rushed 8 and sometimes 9 men against an already porous line. Quinn had absolutely no time in the pocket and even more importantly, his receivers had no time to work their routes. A receivers work is done on timing.....1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, CUT/BALL/CATCH. If the ball is in the air somewhere between 1000 and 2000, then what chance do you have?

You can't blame LSU's dominance of Notre Dame on Brady Quinn anymore than you can blame it on Tom Zbikowski. Sometimes, when you line 'em up, yours'n's, better than ours'n' and that's just the way it is.

Well I guess we better use the same excuse as our reasoning for why quinn beats up on the crap teams he beats up on.
So now we have to question how the games against army, navy, airforce, stanford and north carolina were won.

Russell is so much better than Quinn, he get's a 3rd 's' in his name. The extra 'S' stands for Success! appearently. :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom