Ryan or Marino or Flacco or Manning | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan or Marino or Flacco or Manning

Who had the better rookie year??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dan Marino went 7-2 as a rookie. Threw for 2,210 yards with 20 tds and 6 ints with a QB rating of 96.0.

Matt Ryan went 11-5 as a rookie. Threw for 3,440 yards with 16 tds and 11 ints with a QB rating of 87.7.

Both had good stats but Marino has the edge in tds, ints and QB rating.

What's most impressive about the numbers Dan the Man put up, is that he did it in less than a full season. If you spread that out over the entire season, then Marino puts up 4,000 yards and almost 40 TDs. Absolutely amazing.

Marino.

Both Ryan and Flacco were aided by very good running games. Baltimore and Atlanta led the league in rushing attemps in 08. Ryan had the better running game to aid him, but Flacco had the better defense to ease the pressure. Ryan was clearly the better of the two...he showed a flare for making plays that Flacco did not.

Where is Ben Roethlisberger on this list? 1st game he lost was the AFC Championship game. He completed 66% of his passes, and had a 98 QB rating. I'd say best rookie QB is between him and Dan.....toss-up IMO, couldn't argue against either.

Ryan's first pass was a TD so... Well, it means nothing in the long run, but I love telling that Flacco supporters.

Dan Marino. Not. Even. Close.

Ben R had a great D and running game to complement him. Dan's 96 rating is SICK for a rookie (close to veteran Chad P's!). Peyton was bad his first year. Flacco and Ryan had good run games too. Ryan had a very good rookie year (gotta give him props), but I think Dan wins this argument, hands down.

Hope our defense gives Ryan POPS in the 1st game....

20 TDs and 6 INTs in 11 games as a rookie!!! Not even close....Marino all the way!!!

This doesnt even seem like its fair to me. Marino only played 9 games and had 20 touchdowns, Ryan played 16 and only had 16.

So Marino was on pace to have what 35 TD's roughly? No question Marino wins handsdown.

Marino all the way. Could you imagine what he could of done if he had the running game that Ryan and Flacco had??? Or the WR Manning had?? Not to mention he still had James. No contest Dan the Man forever, will be hard to ever see someone match what he did in this lifetime. Even though he never won the "big one".

I agree with the others on here. Dan hands down, Ryan had a good year but Dan was just better.If Dan had the running game that Ryan had it would have been an absolute blowout. Big Ben gets props as my number 2 on the list.

Marino is the only correct answer. Over 16 games, hs numbers project like this:

3929 YDS
35.5 TD
10 INT

Career year numbers for 99.9% of qbs in league history.

LOL, did you really include Flacco in this poll?

Who would ever think Flacco would get more votes then Manning at anything other than a unibrow contest?

Back
Top Bottom