Ryan Swope: At 42/54 Overall? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Swope: At 42/54 Overall?

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
If Ryan Swope was, by chance, available at the 42 overall pick, would you (1) select him right there and then, or (2) take a gamble and wait (hope) that he is still available at the 54 overall selection?

Without a bit of hesitation, I would select him at 42.

But I really do not think he'll be there at 42 - he will be gone IMO prior to 42. What do think: Will you get him at 42 or wait for him at 54?

If they think he is our guy then I would hope they take him at 42 why gamble and more then likely miss out on him.

I recall that it was said, NFL Network I think, that he caught nearly all the passes thrown to him at the combine. Then I saw a video of him catching eggs dropped from second story building. The guy runs fast too. If available at 42, we'll be IMO stupid not to select him and reunite him with Tannehil.

I would take him at 54. I wouldn't object to taking him earlier, but he is a slot receiver so he isn't an every down player. There are options. We can be fairly certain that Swope will go after these WR's: Patterson, Hunter, Allen, Austin, and it's a decent guess that he'll be drafted also after Williams, Woods, Patton and Hopkins. That's a lot of WR's. I doubt he makes it out of round 2, but he might. I think he will be there at 54, but that's about where he'll be. The bottom of each round is likely where he will be drafted as those are the teams interested in a guy like swope. Unless one of them trades up, I think we can get him at 54.

I would figure that since he played at Texas A&M with Tanni, that that would make it an easier choice for Ireland to land him at 42.

Not taking him at 42. Can justify 54, but I'd prefer to - see sig - wait and grab Boyce. Would still be happy with him 54 though - just not my absolute favorite option.

Not taking him at 42. Can justify 54, but I'd prefer to - see sig - wait and grab Boyce. Would still be happy with him 54 though - just not my absolute favorite option.

IF there were no concussion issues, I could justify taking him at 42. As it is, 54 is better.

Either way, yes or no on Swope, Miami DEFINITELY should pick up Boyce. I agree totally! Great pick up and a good addition to this team.

LD
p.s. with the Swope concussion stuff, I'd be willing to pick Boyce at 54 instead. It might sound way too high, but not if he will be what I think he is: Bess with a true high gear and a slot player that can not only move the chains, but also take any given play to the house, and own the seams down the field. I REALLY like this guy. A faster Bess and more durable Swope...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it more likely that Boyce will be gone at 42 though. If he's there then yes...but he will selected before the 42 overall selection I think (gut).

Is it more likely that Boyce will be gone at 42 though. If he's there then yes...but he will selected before the 42 overall selection I think (gut).

Would you be willing to pick Boyce at 42?

LD
note: If he's gone before 42 then NE prolly snagged him...

Yes. No doubt at 42.

Well, if he is what I think he is, Miami would be glad for years to come, picking him up in the 2nd... so I agree w. you -- maybe overdrafting a bit but getting a guaranteed playmaker.

LD

If he is available then pull the trigger...no doubt about it. I am just worried that Swope could be gone somewhere between 42 and 54 that's all. We need Swope in our offence guys. Both those guys in aqua and orange by the end of the second round would be pretty awesome I think.

Is he reach in the 2nd yes but hes a reach that has the most potential im scared he wont last until our 2nd pick in the 2nd round

Look at how much Bess plays. I think he is an every down WR (correct me if I am wrong), but he is getting on, and Swope would be a great replacement. At 42.....maybe, just depends on which WR's are gone, but at 54, yes.

Back
Top Bottom