Ryan Swope: At 42/54 Overall? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Swope: At 42/54 Overall?

If there's one guy I want out of this draft is Ryan Swope. Hopefully we get it done.

Now I'm scared the Patriots will target him after losing Welker.

I have a feeling we'll have to take him in the second if we want him.

Ryan Swope all the way, we need a future #3 and this is him. Bess is a good slot but he is done in Miami after this year

What NFL receiver does Swope remind everyone of? I haven't watched any film on him.

He is definately worth a pick. It really depends on if there is a run of wrs. There are a lot of really good ones.

Its funny how people get on Bess!!! Bess is a top five slot guy in the NFL PERIOD!!!! If Bess was on the Pats, Packers or any-other team with a elite QB he would be in the pro bowl every year.. You for get because of our lack of receiving talent we have had to use him out of position a lot.. Bess is proven, has amazing hands and run crazy routes.. Now that being said I would still take Swope in the second.. But that has nothing to do with Bess..

I can't say that I agree with Bess being a top 5 slot receiver. Here are my top 5 slot guys, and I can't really see anyone selecting Bess over them, but reasonable minds may disagree. My top 5 slot guys, in no particular order, are: Greg Jennings, Percy Harvin, Victor Cruz, Randall Cobb, Wes Welker.

We dont need anymore receivers...they shouldn't spend any higher than a 4th round pick on a developmental receiver. I'd like to see them grab a DE in the 1st and then grab 2 CB's, a TE and LB in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

We dont need anymore receivers...they shouldn't spend any higher than a 4th round pick on a developmental receiver. I'd like to see them grab a DE in the 1st and then grab 2 CB's, a TE and LB in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

I couldnt disagree more. Our WR core is in a good position not a great one. At the very least we need at least one high drafted WR. Swope to upgrade Bess would be perfect.

It's possible Swope could be there in the third much less the second, but you take someone based also on how strongly you feel about them, if the FO like him as a high 2nd round pick, by all means take him there. To me I wouldn't consider him before the bottom of the second round or later. I like though as a receiver.
If Ryan Swope was, by chance, available at the 42 overall pick, would you (1) select him right there and then, or (2) take a gamble and wait (hope) that he is still available at the 54 overall selection?

Without a bit of hesitation, I would select him at 42.

But I really do not think he'll be there at 42 - he will be gone IMO prior to 42. What do think: Will you get him at 42 or wait for him at 54?

I think they would take him at 42 and i also think theirs a decent chance they may have to move up from there to get him.

I couldnt disagree more. Our WR core is in a good position not a great one. At the very least we need at least one high drafted WR. Swope to upgrade Bess would be perfect.

Why invest a high pick in a position where the player has 4 guys in front of them instead of a position where we are weaker. Our top 3 WR's signed a contract this offseason, so its not like we need someone for when we have to let one of them go next offseason. Spend a low developmental pick on one and focus your energy at Safety (where clemons is on a one year deal), TE (where Keller is a short term solution) or even LB (where Misi is the weakest link on the defense)

Back
Top Bottom