Ryan Tannehill: The Ryan Leaf of the Decade? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill: The Ryan Leaf of the Decade?

Actually you couldn't be more wrong. Tannehill has all the pressure in the world being drafted #8 overall by a team desperate for a franchise QB. Either he becomes a franchise QB or he becomes a bust. There is no in between on this one. You don't draft a QB at #8 to be just decent or slighty above average. You can draft that type of guy in the later rounds.

Every top QB drafted should feel this way. Luck has pressure. Griffin has pressure. Tannehill has pressure. It's always been that way.

2prv09z-1.jpg

:sidelol:

67 posts! awesome dude! who will remember you when the rubber meets the road?
answer: no one

I'm not sure why you judge people by the amount of posts they've made, but that's the most ridiculous argument you could have made. Why not just call him a "noob" and be done with it? :rolleyes2:

Give the dude a chance, man. I see a Aaron Rodgers in him. Cannon armed, decent speed and a WC offense.

Give the dude a chance, man. I see a Aaron Rodgers in him. Cannon armed, decent speed and a WC offense.

Decent Speed? He ran a 4.6 coming off a foot injury. I think so many people are caught up with RG3 running a 4.4, but a QB like Tannehill being running a 4.6 is sick speed in my opinion.

Maturity issues are what did it in for Leaf. I don't think we have to worry about that with Tannehill. I just hope we don't start him too soon.

But were those psychological issues apparent when he was drafted, or did they only come out later? And might we also be saying the same about Tannehill down the road?
My brother was a freshman at Wazzu the year after Leaf was drafted. And much as he was loved for what he did for WSU getting them to the Rose bowl. He was hated just as much for his off the field stuff in the Pullman community.

Every top QB drafted should feel this way. Luck has pressure. Griffin has pressure. Tannehill has pressure. It's always been that way.

I get that. But more than likely, Luck and Griffin will live up to their draft status and become franchise QB's and start from day 1. The jury is still out on Tannehill. This is a risky pick taking him that high. He better produce at a high level or it will end up being a terrible pick.

Ryan Leaf didn't fail because he lacked talent or the mental capacity to grasp an NFL offense. He failed because he was arrogant, selfish and lazy. I haven't even heard a hint of that in regards to Tanehill.

"Ryan Leaf" and "intelligence" should not be used in the same sentence.

Didn't Leaf do very well on his wunderlick test?

Part of his problem is that his egomaniacal, alchoholic, screw-up agent made him hold out as a rookie.

Tannehill doesn't seem in any way to be like Leaf. Leaf was projected as THE top pick in the draft. He was a star in college. Tannehil played wideout for two years. He wasn't even the back-up QB.

as others have mentioned Leaf's biggest issue was his maturity. Hell, Leaf himself has said that he wishes that he had a strong mentor QB to help him out. Not every QB needs a mentor to sit behind, but sometimes you need one to show you how to conduct yourself.

The 4 first round QBs are all very mature and love football. Plus they have high IQs. Hell, people make a big deal of Tanny being a WR, to me that makes him even more impressive that he is able to be a productive QB in a pro style offense as well as a WR in a pro style and not a spread or option offense.

Character. That's the difference.

Leaf, to this day, is proving time an time again that he wasn't worthy of the NFL. I don't care about the rocket arm, size, or intelligence. If you are inclined to steal, cheat, and berate everyone in sight, I don't want you as the QB of my team.

Tannehill hasn't had a hint of that. in fact, when asked to move to WR for the good of the team, he did so. Sure, he didn't agree with it, because he felt he was the best QB on the team. That's confidence. And this kid stayed late tO hone his ability, even after moving to WR. He's a worker, and a leader. I like him, and support him in Miami.

Back
Top Bottom