Ryan Tannehill trade could be a smart move by the Dolphins | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill trade could be a smart move by the Dolphins

We have him signed for relatively cheap compared to QBs from his class. Trading him coming off an injury when his value is as low as possible would make almost zero sense for us or for other teams imo

If we trade our QB then we will need a QB which will cost more than what we got in a trade for our QB and will be lucky to equal the production of our past QB.

I mean I'm all for running down to the "Dirt Cheap,System Knowing, No NFL Experienced Needed, Franchise QB Store" except for nobody knows the directions because it doesn't exist.

I know whatever team gets him is getting a freak of nature and a guy that will become better than Sean Taylor and Ed Reed put together.
This human being doesn't exist. Don't believe the hype. You're probably talking about the two best safeties ever. Be happy if James can come close to measuring up to either one and you'll have a great player. The "put together" talk is foolish. EDIT: Ah, nevermind...just read some of the other comments.

As far as Ryan goes, I disagree with the premise of the article. Why would you dangle your QB (even if you could) in a year where there's going to be so many QB options in free agency and the draft? It would make more sense if the QB well was kind of dry, right? Teams could then prioritize Ryan higher than they would this year. Throw in the bad knee and this really doesn't make sense. Unfortunately, I have little faith in the front office to do what the "right thing" is for the team. I don't even know who picks our players? Is it Gase, Grier or Tannenbaum?

Last edited:
I don't think i'd be against it if we got good value.

I am a FAN of Tannehill. I root for him to succeed. I truly believe he can lead a decent team to the promised land based on his skillset. But i'm already thinking "This is the year we get to see Tannehill for real, it has to be this year...." ....and i've been thinking that for quite a few years. So if that cycle gets forcibly broken, i won't really be upset.

Didn't some idiot GM take Culpeper with injury problems.That same GM could trade for RT.Or are we the only stupid azzes that would pass on a hall of fame qb and take an injured qb willing also costing us a 2nd round pick

This article has Tannehill at 24th coming into the season, probably not a high trade value being at that spot.

http://newarena.com/nfl/ranking-all...m=fbdt-fbdt_svrnrc&utm_campaign=fb_rv_32qb_dt

LOL at Bortles, Dalton, Keenum, Taylor, Winston, Mariota, Goff, Watson, Smith, Garappolo, Prescott, Newton, and Carr all being ahead of Tannehill.

A case can be made for Tannehill being better than any one of those QBs. Three of them (Smith, Taylor, and Bortles) may not even be on the same team next season. Cousins isn't even listed.

It is all just a matter of opinion. Even if someone thinks they are better, none of them are significantly better than Tannehill. That is the problem with some rankings. They pick an order with no ties and no indication of distance between players. In this case, the difference between 24 and 11 is nil.

LOL at Bortles, Dalton, Keenum, Taylor, Winston, Mariota, Goff, Watson, Smith, Garappolo, Prescott, Newton, and Carr all being ahead of Tannehill.

A case can be made for Tannehill being better than any one of those QBs. Three of them (Smith, Taylor, and Bortles) may not even be on the same team next season. Cousins isn't even listed.

It is all just a matter of opinion. Even if someone thinks they are better, none of them are significantly better than Tannehill. That is the problem with some rankings. They pick an order with no ties and no indication of distance between players. In this case, the difference between 24 and 11 is nil.

Everything you said is fair. Are those QBs significantly better than Tannehill...No. But many of those QBs have played in the playoffs and many have won a playoff game. I would say that Newton, Watson and maybe Prescott are a lot better tho.

Newton is a 3 time pro bowler, 1 time all pro, 1 time MVP 1, OPOY, has 3 seasons in which he has 30+ total TD's and 1 season where he had 40+ total TD's. I can't see any case being made for Tannehill over Newton

Newton is a 3 time pro bowler, 1 time all pro, 1 time MVP 1, OPOY, has 3 seasons in which he has 30+ total TD's and 1 season where he had 40+ total TD's. I can't see any case being made for Tannehill over Newton

2016 and 2017. QB ratings of 75 and 80.

That's a BIG stretch comparing Tannehill and Newton. Cam Newton at times has been unstoppable in some big moments.

2016 and 2017. QB ratings of 75 and 80.

I don't really just go by QB rating. Alex Smith has a pretty 94.9 QB rating since 2011 but we all know why. If a QB can give me solid production outside of QB rating, i think I can live with that. Newton's rookie year he had 35 total TD's and 4700 total yards with a QB rating of 84.5, I take that every time, cut down the turnovers and we're in business.

That's a BIG stretch comparing Tannehill and Newton. Cam Newton at times has been unstoppable in some big moments.

And at other times a complete disaster. I mean, complete disaster. Obviously he has played well at times, but sorry not my kind of player.

That is your right, personally I would take the "great" player at times vs. mediocre all the time.

I don't really just go by QB rating. Alex Smith has a pretty 94.9 QB rating since 2011 but we all know why. If a QB can give me solid production outside of QB rating, i think I can live with that. Newton's rookie year he had 35 total TD's and 4700 total yards with a QB rating of 84.5, I take that every time, cut down the turnovers and we're in business.

I don't factor the rushing yards and TDs as much as others may. My reasoning is that those are simply carries taken from the RBs. In addition, it is not sustainable over the long haul. Newton is below average in reading defenses, and accuracy and IMO, those are cardinal sins for a QB. Give me a better passer and leave the running to the RBs.

Back
Top Bottom