Ryan Tannehill trade could be a smart move by the Dolphins | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill trade could be a smart move by the Dolphins

Newton is a 3 time pro bowler, 1 time all pro, 1 time MVP 1, OPOY, has 3 seasons in which he has 30+ total TD's and 1 season where he had 40+ total TD's. I can't see any case being made for Tannehill over Newton
yes he is better than Bortles. thill17 need start winning in nfl. other than that he is not going get no respect. in nfl. plus he is 30 yr old. the rest of these qb are young than he is as well. it time for thill17 to start carrying dolphins on his shoulder to playoff or he will become another qb in sunset.

I don't factor the rushing yards and TDs as much as others may. My reasoning is that those are simply carries taken from the RBs. In addition, it is not sustainable over the long haul. Newton is below average in reading defenses, and accuracy and IMO, those are cardinal sins for a QB. Give me a better passer and leave the running to the RBs.

Man thats one thing I wish Tannehill would do more of, RUN! Use that athleticism and 4.6 speed. Especially with a bad o-line, I feel if he ran more DL's would have to be more wary of that and it would slow them down some. It changes the way defenses have to play you and add's another factor for defenses to worry about, as well as opening things up for the offense some.

That is your right, personally I would take the "great" player at times vs. mediocre all the time.

You say this as if it's so easy just to grab a 'great player'. We all would obviously love that, but they arent easy to come by.

Man thats one thing I wish Tannehill would do more of, RUN! Use that athleticism and 4.6 speed. Especially with a bad o-line, I feel if he ran more DL's would have to be more wary of that and it would slow them down some. It changes the way defenses have to play you and add's another factor for defenses to worry about, as well as opening things up for the offense some.

I'm not talking about the scrambles. I'm talking about the ton of designed QB runs that Carolina uses. Tannehill could scramble more and earlier but I wouldn't want him to fall into the trap of some running QBs and take off too often and too soon.

I'm not talking about the scrambles. I'm talking about the ton of designed QB runs that Carolina uses. Tannehill could scramble more and earlier but I wouldn't want him to fall into the trap of some running QBs and take off too often and too soon.

I mean run with it take off and go and don't wait for your OL to kill you. I would very much like him to avg 400 yds rushing a season like a Steve Young did. I feel like they aren't utilizing all his gifts. Steve Young played 8 solid seasons so it's definitely sustainable, as long as Tannehill doesn't have a HB who can't pass block.

If you take away Newtons ability to run the ball for first downs and to win games all by himself, then yes now I can see why you think Tannehill is as good as Newton.

I mean run with it take off and go and don't wait for your OL to kill you. I would very much like him to avg 400 yds rushing a season like a Steve Young did. I feel like they aren't utilizing all his gifts. Steve Young played 8 solid seasons so it's definitely sustainable, as long as Tannehill doesn't have a HB who can't pass block.

The vast majority of his sacks were not from standing and waiting in the pocket. Gase did help him improve in that area but part of that was the blocking being better and having fewer free rushers coming from all directions. In order to avoid many of the sacks from 2013 - 2015, he would have had to take the snap and just start running.

For everyone talking about Tannehill running more and taking advantage of his speed, wake up... After this injury spree of his, no way they want him doing anything but throwing the ball. That knee takes any kind of hit and he's done.

For everyone talking about Tannehill running more and taking advantage of his speed, wake up... After this injury spree of his, no way they want him doing anything but throwing the ball. That knee takes any kind of hit and he's done.

Lol no. Part of his skill set is running. Nothings changed.

It would be interesting to know everyone's opinion on the probability of
a) Tannehill being traded, - 0%
b) Miami drafting a R1 rookie, - 75%
c) this being Gase's last season, - 1%
d) Tbaum being fired/replaced, - 1%
e) Ross selling the team - 0%
I get those who give info they think justifies all five of the above or the above five SHOULD happen, but, IMO, the odds of any are quite small.

Tanny isnt going anywhere. Gase is fine UNLESS he ignores the QB position in the draft and Tanny gets hurt.

Tbaum, sadly, isnt going anywhere, unless he gets caught snorting coke off a hooker.

Ross wont sell, but if i win the powerball I'll make him an offer!

It would be interesting to know everyone's opinion on the probability of
a) Tannehill being traded,
b) Miami drafting a R1 rookie,
c) this being Gase's last season,
d) Tbaum being fired/replaced,
e) Ross selling the team
I get those who give info they think justifies all five of the above or the above five SHOULD happen, but, IMO, the odds of any are quite small.
what's a R1 rookie?

Back
Top Bottom