Ryan Tannehill Will Be a Star...................... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill Will Be a Star......................

BlueFin

Seer of Visions
Club Member
Reaction score
and if the Dolphin braintrust passes on him they will be screwing up yet again.

This kid has everything you look for in a franchise QB, He's big, he's athletic, fast, strong arm, Accurate........he loves the game in "Peyton Manning" kind of way.

Yes, he'll need a season probably to acclimate to the NFL....but if we could go back and draft Drew Brees knowing he needed some time to adjust, wouldn't we do it?

Same with Aaron Rogers......wouldn't that be better than what we've wasted 12 years trying to do?

If you don't like Tannehill as a prospect, then I totally understand.....if you don't want to draft him because you think it's a litttle to high at 8, or because he might need time to adjust to the NFL....then I think your making a mistake.

This kid has everything your looking for, with the only exception being that he didn't play QB for 4 years in college. But many others that have succeeded in the NFL didn't either....including Cam Newton.

I almost dropped dead when I read an Akili Smith comparison today from Grantland. Just posting the other side of what could be. I'm hoping we don't have the option of taking RT but I'll support whatever they think is best.

[h=3]Quarterbacks[/h]Best: Tom Brady (76.6 points above expected return)
Worst: Akili Smith (-45.9 points)
We've really forgotten as a culture just how bad Akili Smith was. He's basically the Ryan Tannehill nightmare; after just two years of action in college, Smith's ideal size and arm strength pushed him up draft boards during the spring of 1999. He eventually settled in as the third franchise quarterback in a three-man group, and the Bengals made him the third overall pick behind fellow signal-callers Tim Couch and Donovan McNabb. McNabb was good, and Couch was middling, but Smith was abysmal. He completed 46.6 percent of his passes as a pro, threw 13 interceptions against just five touchdowns, and was out of football after 17 starts in four years. In his one year as the regular starter in Cincinnati, the Bengals offense averaged 11.6 points per game. Tannehill can't possibly be that bad, right?

I am absolutely sure this kid will not beat out moore. He is the next chad henne.

Ryan mallet must be kicking himself for coming out a year early....he would have been a top 10 pick this year.

curious question. Ryan mallet now - 1 yr behind brady compared to ryan tannehill ...

Even more crazy... by draft week the 3rd qb is getting the statements made on Luck the 1st qb of this class.

another kid that had all the tools was 6'5" 235 and a finalist for the Heisman in his JR year was Ryan Leaf...

What makes you say that? Just wondering, because I fail to see the comparison between the two.

I would agree with your questioning that statement.
Henne was robotic, Tannehill is far from....

The BIGGEST knock on Henne, from where I stand, was his lack of passion and yearning to "go-for-the-throat".
If he were in the armed forces, he would have been content to have been a footsoldier taking orders.
What I want is an assasin.

Remember when the grief was being piled on Henne, and he basically shrugged it off by saying (words to the effect) - "hey, no big deal, it's just football".

THAT....was a slap in the face of all of us passionate fans.
He just didn't give a s__t.

And THAT is why, in my eyes, he can go to hell.

If not for Sherman, even more of a reach than Sanchez? But I guess Mikey knows best so we'll see what there is to see. :idk:

What I want to know is why this thread was moved off the main board.

Maybe because it's the TRUTH... and truth hurts some people.

You HAVE to try for the best you can possibly get at QB, and Tannehill is that guy this year. Settling for a low-round guy is STUPID and INSANE. There are not any more Bradys out there, that is an utter FANTASY.

QB is a PREMIUM position, HANG the "value" junk and get the best QB available.

What I want to know is why this thread was moved off the main board.

Maybe because it's the TRUTH... and truth hurts some people.

You HAVE to try for the best you can possibly get at QB, and Tannehill is that guy this year. Settling for a low-round guy is STUPID and INSANE. There are not any more Bradys out there, that is an utter FANTASY.

QB is a PREMIUM position, HANG the "value" junk and get the best QB available.

Because its a draft thread. Geez, where is the common sense on this site?

So we can all agree that taking a QB in the draft is a crapshoot.

Yep. You have to trust your coaches and FO. They live and die by the QB decisions they make. However, if you don't invest a high draft pick on a QB, you will likely never find one. Always waiting for 'next year' isn't a plan either. Searching in scrap heaps yr after yr reduces your odds.

Back
Top Bottom