Ryan Tannehill | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill

Tannehill is 30 years old... and we are no closer to knowing if he’s a franchise QB or not. We can make all the excuses in the world... but Franchise QB’s show that that are franchise QB’s even when surrounded by scrubs.

Not many people question if Andrew Luck is a franchise QB and he’s surrounded by scrubs... Why is that?? Because isolating everything else, coaches, schemes, teammates etc... one can look at LUCKS play and say..... hey, given the right coaches and talent around him.. he can be GREAT!!! We can’t say that about Tanny!

No, YOU can't say that about him. You have no idea about the remaining career trajectories of Luck and Tannehill.

None.

No, YOU can't say that about him. You have no idea about the remaining career trajectories of Luck and Tannehill.

None.

Every QB that is not currently wearing the Dolphins uniform is the next great QB (right up until they get their first loss wearing the uniform, then they suck.)

Well according to my crystal ball he'll be fine.....SMH....Got to love the offseason.

The issue I have with Tannehill (i'm in his corner), is he typically has slow starts at the beginning of the season. Add in the fact he's got a lot of rust to shed before September along with a lot of new faces on the offensive side (and coaches). It's going to take an enormous effort to hit the gates running at full speed. Just hope we get a favorable schedule early on.

The only real weakness in his game is his pocket awareness and he was getting alot better at it b4 the injury. with that said i think if Mayfield slips to us we take him.

his rookie year was pretty uninspiring considering he knew the entire offense coming in and still threw more INTs than TDs lol....
What we shouldn't forget about Tannehill's rookie season is that his top 3 target to start his career were Brian Hartline, Legedu Naanee and Davone Bess. After leaving the Dolphins, Naanee hasn't caught a single pass (actually he only caught one pass from Tanehill in 2012 anyway), Hartline and Bess each played one more season catching 46 (Hartline) and 42 (Bess) passes. Wow. This is incredible incompetence at the WR position and I don't believe anyone can bash Tannehill for his rookie season with a straight face.

What we shouldn't forget about Tannehill's rookie season is that his top 3 target to start his career were Brian Hartline, Legedu Naanee and Davone Bess. After leaving the Dolphins, Naanee hasn't caught a single pass (actually he only caught one pass from Tanehill in 2012 anyway), Hartline and Bess each played one more season catching 46 (Hartline) and 42 (Bess) passes. Wow. This is incredible incompetence at the WR position and I don't believe anyone can bash Tannehill for his rookie season with a straight face.

This, the weapons were horrible in 2012. Name any young QB finheaven loves and tell me he's played with these stiffs.

If I had to guess, I would say because Luck was billed as pretty much the next Peyton Manningesque QB so it's hard to give up on that.

He signed a huge contract about 2 years ago so it's probably pretty hard to admit to yourself that you need to replace a 140 million dollar contract.

Just because the Media isn't talking about Indy needing a QB doesn't mean the head honcho's in Indy aren't discussing that possibility, they certainly aren't going to divulge that information to the masses.

Andrew Luck is like the most overrated player of all time and the funny part is he really is good. You have to listen to people when they talk about him, you'd think he started his career with 5 passing titles and 5 super bowl victories. Some fans say there's Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Ben and Luck then everyone else. LOL, Luck isn't there yet. Where are all the posters saying we should have sucked for luck in 2011? I haven't heard from them is quite a while. Praising the Colts for "tanking" haha. If anything the Colts should be the poster boy for not tanking because even the surest bets of them all, Andrew Luck supposedly, wasn't a sure bet. I'll laugh if he comes back with Pennington or late career Manning arm.

If people are happy with mediocrity then Tannehill is the man. Tannehill is an Andy Dalton type QB. He isn't extremely bad but he isn't extremely good either. I think the dolphins will finish 2018 at 8 and 8.This will cause Gase to actually campaign to select a true franchise QB and admit that there was only so much QB whispering he could do.

I REALLY like Tannehill at the 17-20 mil cap hit pre-restructure. I'm OKAY with Tannehill now, but if Rosen or Mayfield fall to #11(I know, they won't)...I'd run to the podium for a cheap backup and potential better player in 2 years.
Otherwise, BPA please.

If people are happy with mediocrity then Tannehill is the man. Tannehill is an Andy Dalton type QB. He isn't extremely bad but he isn't extremely good either. I think the dolphins will finish 2018 at 8 and 8.This will cause Gase to actually campaign to select a true franchise QB and admit that there was only so much QB whispering he could do.

Sort of disagree. A bad Tannehill game is nothing close to a bad Dalton game. Maybe I'm splitting hairs because a loss is a loss but when Dalton is bad he really stinks the joint up. He's had games Ryan hasn't come close to having.

Sort of disagree. A bad Tannehill game is nothing close to a bad Dalton game. Maybe I'm splitting hairs because a loss is a loss but when Dalton is bad he really stinks the joint up. He's had games Ryan hasn't come close to having.

The people comparing Tannehill to Dalton should be forced to hold their breath until the Dolphins put a team around Tannehill like Dalton has in CIncy. AJ Green, Eifert, very good OL, very good running game, very good defense, stable organization.

From 2011 through 2016, the Bengals defense was ranked (in points) 11th, 8th, 5th, 12th, 2nd, and 8th.

It can be argued that the weakest link in Cincy is the QB. That is clearly not true in Miami.

This is the failed analysis when #QBwinz dominates someone's thinking.

Back
Top Bottom