Ryan Tannehill | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill

Tannehill is going bye bye after this year. Tannehill fan boys can go cry in a corner and suck your thumbs! Tannehill is garbage. This season is over before it even starts.

His full cap hit for the 2019 season is 26 million. He goes nowhere until 2020. He is on a 2 year prove it deal.

And now he can't throw a football and hasn't in more than 6 months. He is 10-12 in his last two seasons.

Why is nobody talking about Indy needing to draft a QB just in case?
There are others :) I definitely think qb is a priority for Indy. If not they have their heads in the sand.

He needs to prove it this coming season, not in 2 years. Why does he need 2 years? Is he still injured? Matt Moore gets a start for the first time in 5 years on the road in December against a division rival and made plays and won the game. If he isn't capable of performing this coming season he shouldn't play.

And now he can't throw a football and hasn't in more than 6 months. He is 10-12 in his last two seasons.

Why is nobody talking about Indy needing to draft a QB just in case?

If I had to guess, I would say because Luck was billed as pretty much the next Peyton Manningesque QB so it's hard to give up on that.

He signed a huge contract about 2 years ago so it's probably pretty hard to admit to yourself that you need to replace a 140 million dollar contract.

Just because the Media isn't talking about Indy needing a QB doesn't mean the head honcho's in Indy aren't discussing that possibility, they certainly aren't going to divulge that information to the masses.

He needs to prove it this coming season, not in 2 years. Why does he need 2 years? Is he still injured? Matt Moore gets a start for the first time in 5 years on the road in December against a division rival and made plays and won the game. If he isn't capable of performing this coming season he shouldn't play.

Gase isn’t done getting his guys, Tannehill will be rusty, he’ll still be building chemistry with his new WRs, the defense won’t be up to par, the O-line won’t be good as expected, the schedule will be harder, so yeah Tannehill May need another half decade to get it done.

I'm surprised people aren't clamoring for RT after what we went through last season.

With a clean pocket in 2016 he had a 116.6 passer rating.

Keep the man clean and he’s fine at qb.
and the 2nd or 3rd best completion rate on long balls

And he's done this while pissing blood with the 32nd and 31st ranked OLs. I've long said, give him at least an average OL if you want to make a fair and objective assessment of his skills and relative potential.

I dont have any problem with RT, he is not my favorite but I think he plays hard and the best option in the tption

The real question is: is he going to be able to play again at the same level?

I dont have any problem with RT, he is not my favorite but I think he plays hard and the best option in the tption

The real question is: is he going to be able to play again at the same level?

We'll see. If not, I honestly don't think it will be due to injury.

as person thill17 seem be great guy. on football field he is avg 18 to 23 best qb in nfl. I just don't feel he has what it takes to take dolphins to next level. that my problems with him. he should be starter in 2018 but they should be looking for better qb for future. with less star on team . they are putting more pressure on thill17 in 2018 to win. at end of day. does my word mean anything (no). i am not coach, gm or ross. I am just fan that want see dolphins reach superbowl.

Last edited:
Tannehill is 30 years old... and we are no closer to knowing if he’s a franchise QB or not. We can make all the excuses in the world... but Franchise QB’s show that that are franchise QB’s even when surrounded by scrubs.

Not many people question if Andrew Luck is a franchise QB and he’s surrounded by scrubs... Why is that?? Because isolating everything else, coaches, schemes, teammates etc... one can look at LUCKS play and say..... hey, given the right coaches and talent around him.. he can be GREAT!!! We can’t say that about Tanny!

He's 29.

Back
Top Bottom