Ryan Tannehill | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill

I'm so tired of Tannehill threads.

Then dont open it.

EDIT:

It's confusing that you'd post this in an RT thread but then post this in a Adam Gase thread:

I just hope tanny can hit them in stride. I remember he underthrows people more than anything else and always seems to me like the WR cutting across the middle had to slow down AND reach behind him for the catch. I hope he's been working on that too.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Tannehill posted a 97.4 quarterback rating with a 7.7 ypa and a 67.4 completion percentage people would be saying I TOLD YOU HE WAS A TOP 10 QB.

over his last 8 games after Gase's system kicked in, and without Ronnie Brown and gimmick plays, is this close enough? Again, not counting the playoff humiliation, granted that Noodle and Ronnie Brown had 1 shining season.. but when you add on his 5 straight losses starting with the POs and 2 TDs/6 Ints, does he really belong anywhere in the pantheon of QBs who've put in the time and grade? Is Doug Williams and his SB win the equivalent of Joe Thiesmann or Sammy Baugh? I think not

Tannehill vs top QBs 2016.jpg

That is pretty funny. P10's 9 game stretch to end 2008 is almost exactly what Tannehill did to end 2016

P10 - 203 of 304 (67%) 13 TD's, 4 Ints, Passer Rating 99.7, record 8-1

Both enjoyed just over 130 yards rushing per game during the win streak.

But I know, Tannehill is much better than P10. :rolleyes:

What's interesting about his 8 game stretch is if you look at what other QB's did in the same time frame (week 6-14) Tannehill was 15th in TD's, 9th in QB rating, 12th in y/a, tied 14th most INT's, 3rd in comp%, 10th least sacked QB, and 26th in attempts.

With all the new weapons brought in to make this more of a Gase offense, I wonder what his numbers would look like with more pass attempts. Will they fall due to having to carry too much of the offensive burden or rise?

Last edited:
He did that in 2016 did he not? Can anyone honestly say we wouldn’t have if he didn’t get hurt?

He was 0-4 in Buffalo previously and none of the game were really close. Not saying that he wouldn't have broken that streak in 2016. I certainly wouldn't have bet on it.

He was 0-4 in Buffalo previously and none of the game were really close. Not saying that he wouldn't have broken that streak in 2016. I certainly wouldn't have bet on it.

Without Tannehill for the first 13 games, the playoffs are an even worse bet (refer to Dolphins, Miami, 2017). .

That is pretty funny. P10's 9 game stretch to end 2008 is almost exactly what Tannehill did to end 2016

P10 - 203 of 304 (67%) 13 TD's, 4 Ints, Passer Rating 99.7, record 8-1

Both enjoyed just over 130 yards rushing per game during the win streak.

But I know, Tannehill is much better than P10. :rolleyes:

Pennington had a good stretch. My problems with Pennington were his durability and his arm strength. He played a 16 game season twice in his career. IMO, arm strength will catch up to a QB eventually. Defenses will force you to make throws that are outside of your ideal window.

Pennington had a good stretch. My problems with Pennington were his durability and his arm strength. He played a 16 game season twice in his career. IMO, arm strength will catch up to a QB eventually. Defenses will force you to make throws that are outside of your ideal window.

He led 4 different teams to the playoffs with winning records. He learned to work with what he had. Plus he owned the Dolphins with a 7-2 record.

Tannehill is to coaches what Kryptonite is to Superman.

Yeah, he does make opposing coaches look bad when they can't get huge pressure on him...even average pressure is still as you said Kryptonite to them.

Biggest reason why with this possible new effective O-line could many very surprised on what type of QB he really is, if he's 100% or close to it...watch and see, you may enjoy it. ;)

Every so often I wonder what Pennington's career would have looked like if his arm wasn't hanging by a string. If he had at least kept his arm strength from college. Probably talking about a possible HOF career imo.

I used to always get upset when playing against him and he threw it deep and it seemed like our CB could easily get underneath the pass for a pick because it took forever to get there but nope it would drop right in the WR's hands. His midget corps of Laverneous Coles and Santana Moss gave us fits.

Every so often I wonder what Pennington's career would have looked like if his arm wasn't hanging by a string. If he had at least kept his arm strength from college. Probably talking about a possible HOF career imo.

I used to always get upset when playing against him and he threw it deep and it seemed like our CB could easily get underneath the pass for a pick because it took forever to get there but nope it would drop right in the WR's hands. His midget corps of Laverneous Coles and Santana Moss gave us fits.

Hard to say. He certainly was smart enough and accurate enough.

Back
Top Bottom