Saban Cry's about Boise State... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Cry's about Boise State...

the 6 teams thing was a stretch but that doesn't make his point invalid.

making me defend saban. damn you. :oldman:

the 6 teams thing was a stretch but that doesn't make his point invalid.

making me defend saban. damn you. :oldman:

The 6 team thing is more than a stretch. Why did he even say that. Makes him sound like an idiot!

The 6 team thing is more than a stretch. Why did he even say that. Makes him sound like an idiot!

i have no idea. i think it was more of a vote for how much more dominant the SEC is than any other conference more than anything else. i'll begrudgingly give him 4.

One-thats not what he said..I listened to the show..He said in addition to playing VT Bama played 6 or more conf. games
more challaging than some of the conf. opponants Boise State will play.
That blog or whatever got it wrong to slant their view.(Couldn't find a picture of Nick in Bama gear?It's only
been four years.
There's no crying,they ask him a question,he told them the truth.
Boise State would lose four games in the SEC.
More jilted girl-friend syndrome.

Plus...VT isn't that great of a football team.

Boise State would lose four games in the SEC.

How do you figure this? Are you saying that with BSU's WAC money and WAC recruits they'd lose 4 games, or are you saying that if BSU had SEC money and SEC recruits they'd still lose 4 games?

With WAC money..like now...not disrespecting Boise St.
I'm tripping how this article got it wrong,plus what's Nick
got to cry about? We are defending champs.
He wasn't disrespecting BSU,just saying SEC conf games are
tougher than WAC.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow did they ever get it wrong in which case. didn't hear the audio.

and right now boise would get handled in the SEC. wouldn't be pretty at first. but with SEC money and recruiting? sky's the limit - they got the most important thing down - the coaching.

and right now boise would get handled in the SEC. wouldn't be pretty at first. but with SEC money and recruiting? sky's the limit - they got the most important thing down - the coaching.
They would be Kentucky...
Just being in the SEC doesn't make you
a Bama or Fla.

They would be Kentucky...
Just being in the SEC doesn't make you
a Bama or Fla.

at first, sure. but that's a well run program with fantastic coaching. who knows how'd they do with some time and actual resources at their disposal. potential is there.

Well...I'm not disrespecting Boise St...my thing was the OP was taking a shot at Saban
saying he was crying or bitching about something...now you see why Nick dislikes the media.

I still don't understand the confidence. Alabama got handled by Utah in the Sugar Bowl (the last time they've faced a quality non AQ program), and Florida allowed four scoring drives against Miami (OH), which coincidentally is the same team Boise State blew out 48-0 last year. LSU had trouble defeating a depleted and demoralized NC, and Ole Miss lost to a 1AA program.

I still don't understand the confidence. Alabama got handled by Utah in the Sugar Bowl (the last time they've faced a quality non AQ program), and Florida allowed four scoring drives against Miami (OH), which coincidentally is the same team Boise State blew out 48-0 last year. LSU had trouble defeating a depleted and demoralized NC, and Ole Miss lost to a 1AA program.

I'm not talking about a one game scenario. I'm talking about a whole season,playing away games at some our stadiums.
Right now,your depth isn't where it needs to be to take that kind of grind.
One game? yes,you guys can play with anybody.

b/c your schedule is a joke. not your fault - but it is. you couldn't handle an SEC schedule week in and week out. one or two tough games a year - sure - your coaching is good enough to game plan for that. but every week in the SEC? you'd lose 6 games this year.

http://network.yardbarker.com/colle...an_latest_shot_at_boise_is_lamest_yet/3204058

Article talks about Alabama having six games as tough or tougher than VT in 2009. Which the article disproves. Nick is a cry baby.

This article (and link) might as well have come straight from south Florida... Why even have a picture of Saban in Dolphins gear? He's been Alabama's coach for a while now.... I'll tell you why... nothing more than a slam...

Secondly, the only reason Saban is even mentioned is to drive up hits.... this is the same thing everyone involved in college football has been saying for years because they know it's the ****ing truth...

Boise St. has no idea what it's like to go on the road in the SEC and play in SEC venues... against teams the caliber (or better) than the VT team that Boise played Monday night...

They have no idea what it's like to play half a dozen teams every year that consider you their RIVAL and hate you with a passion.... and will stop at next to nothing to beat you...

These aren't some Johnny-come-lately track meets that you see in the WAC... these are 100 year old dispicable hate fests that cause families to stop speaking to one another...

I'll be pulling for Boise to go undefeated and hopefully get their shot to play Bama in the title game... the reason is quite obvious...

Even as easy as it is to figure out who will CLEARLY be the more battle tested team should both teams make it.... they'll never figure it out...

Back
Top Bottom