Saban Cry's about Boise State... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Cry's about Boise State...

How do you figure this? Are you saying that with BSU's WAC money and WAC recruits they'd lose 4 games, or are you saying that if BSU had SEC money and SEC recruits they'd still lose 4 games?

Boise State would absolutely lose four or more games in the SEC. No question. Boise State is talented. Boise State is VERY well coached. But one thing Boise State is not, is physical. You could see late in the game against Virginia Tech the physicality of the game beginning to take its toll on Boise State. You could see it in that Oklahoma game a few years back. They had to go for the win because there was just no way they could put that tired and beaten defense back out on the field. I didn't blame them one bit for going for it all. Very gutsy and those Broncos show a lot of heart in every big game they play in.

But the physicality of the SEC would wear that team down by week four. I know you don't want to acknowledge that because you're a Boise State fan but this is a non-biased opinion from a guy who knows college football. As a Miami fan, I would absolutely NOT want to play Boise State in a season opener or in a bowl game. They're very well rested for those games and very well coached in those big games. But if Boise State had to line up against South Carolina, Auburn, Alabama, Florida, and THEN play Miami...I'd be all for it because I think we could beat Boise State then. Boise State faces no real competition in the WAC. They don't suffer a lot of injuries during the course of the season. And in the SEC, the injuries pile up every week. No one is healthy going into the final weeks. Everyone has some sort of bruise, nick, and pain they're playing with.

They physicality of the SEC would be too much for Boise State to overcome. They don't recruit the same kind of athlete that Alabama and Florida do. Now, if Boise State were in the SEC and began recruiting SEC athletes, THEN they can compete. You take a look at Utah. Utah's over/under on wins this season was 8.5 and I was betting that HEAVY. Utah is joining the PAC10 and they've been recruiting like they were already in the PAC10 for a few years now. Utah knew that the day would come when they would go to the PAC10 and knew that they needed PAC10 type athletes to compete on that level. They started early and it's paying off.

No wonder Texas didn't want to join the Pac-10... UCLA just beat 'em like a rented mule.... IN AUSTIN..

Let me guess... it's because Colt McCoy was hurt...

Im so sick of hearing about Boise St.

It points to the larger picture that College Football is a ****ing joke right now.

80 teams, 8 10 team divisions. 8 division winners play in a playoff to determine a champion. NO POLLS. Its that simple. The other 50 teams play in 5 team subdivisions and the winner gets to move up into the big division each year while the worst team gets demoted to the subdivisions. Its really that easy.

In the meantime, we will keep deciding who is the champion based on pure and total BS........preseason rankings. The preseason rankings have a huge impact on where you finish for the simple fact that when you win, no matter who you play, you at least stay in the same spot. When you lose, no matter who you play, you drop. ****ING GAY.

If they insist on having rankings, they should wait at least 5 weeks into the season to produce them. Then they must wipe the previous weeks rankings out of their minds when revoting the next week. How Arkansas drops in ranking this week I will never understand. They barely lost to a team that is more or less the unanamous #1. So all that proves is Arkansas isnt the best team in the country. How does that make them drop for 10 to whatever they fell to? I mean if they lost to a team that the very same voter considered the best, how does it make Arkansas a worse team than they were the previous week? ****ing retarded.

And back to Boise St. How Boise is ranked 3rd ****ing baffles me. They were clearly outplayed by VT, but still won the game on coaching mismanagement by Beamer. VT dominated Boise up front for 3 qtrs of play. Yet, Boise stays ranked 3rd. Why? Because these ******* pollsters had them ranked 3rd to start the season before any games were even ****ing played. What a joke college football is. And Boise, while a decent team and a good program, is no where near Alabama or Ohio St. Its not even close. If they steal a title bid from some more deserving team its a disgrace.

You can't have an 8 team playoff. It won't work. The schools lose too much money that way. I know the BCS isn't the greatest thing, but we all seem to forget that the college football teams BELONG to academic institutions first and foremost. If the money isn't there to benefit the University, then the NCAA isn't going to push for change.

You can't have an 8 team playoff. It won't work. The schools lose too much money that way. I know the BCS isn't the greatest thing, but we all seem to forget that the college football teams BELONG to academic institutions first and foremost. If the money isn't there to benefit the University, then the NCAA isn't going to push for change.

And college football will remain a ****ing joke and the only good reason for watching it will be to gamble on it.

In the meantime, with the way it is set up now, they should really just declare whoever wins the SEC as the national champion and be done with it.

In all honesty, the BCS gets it right 99% of the time. Alabama and Texas deserved to be there more than anyone last year. The only time I've really seen anyone get the shaft is Auburn in 2004. And obviously I feel like we got shafted in 2000 when Oklahoma and Florida State played.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/227890-bama-ad-boise-state-hasn't-called?eref=sihp

..or..

http://www.tidesports.com/article/20100924/NEWS/100929812/1011?p=1&tc=pg

All this talk by Boise about not being able to schedule top teams is hogwash... Nebraska did everything they could to schedule Boise short of cutting them a million dollar check... and they haven't even contacted Alabama...

If Boise wants to gain respect, they're going to have to do it the way Florida St. did in the 70's.... play anybody anywhere anytime and without the expectations of getting something in return... That's how FSU did it by going to play Michigan, Ohio St., LSU, etc., etc. in THEIR venues without expecting a home-and-home in return....

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/227890-bama-ad-boise-state-hasn't-called?eref=sihp

All this talk by Boise about not being able to schedule top teams is hogwash... Nebraska did everything they could to schedule Boise short of cutting them a million dollar check... and they haven't even contacted Alabama...

If Boise wants to gain respect, they're going to have to do it the way Florida St. did in the 70's.... play anybody anywhere anytime and without the expectations of getting something in return... That's how FSU did it by going to play Michigan, Ohio St., LSU, etc., etc. in THEIR venues without expecting a home-and-home in return....

Miami is having to do the same dumb **** as well. Schedule Florida for a home and home. We go to the Swamp, and now they want to weasel out of coming to Miami. Now we're playing Notre Dame at a neutral site and Rutgers at a neutral site.

Miami is having to do the same dumb **** as well. Schedule Florida for a home and home. We go to the Swamp, and now they want to weasel out of coming to Miami. Now we're playing Notre Dame at a neutral site and Rutgers at a neutral site.

Ole Miss is paying Boise over half a million dollars to come to Oxford next season...

Wonder how much Jacksonville St. would have to pony up for a home-and-home with 'em?

Wow, the haters sure came out of the woodwork today.

I know, I know, the SEC!!! recruits players from the planet Krypton who are all 6'11 300 lbs and run sub 4.2 40s. BSU just has no chance since all their players are like 5'9" and 170lbs.

Blah blah blah

You guys seriously think 'Bama wants a piece of Boise St? Why haven't they called? They don't want none. They're just posturing.

Like I said before, watch and VT will come back and win the weak ACC. Then all of you will be saying, "This isn't the same VT team that BSU beat, if they held the game again VT would win 9 out of 10 times." And so forth.

Hey Ted Slimm, remember this quote:
I'm convinced....Boise is a ****ing beast..
lol.gif

Please keep that monster far away from my Tide...

Seriously though...I've lobbied for a playoff for years....let the teams play and settle it that way...

But Boise would get blown out of the stadium if it was Florida or Alabama....so would TCU...

The only two measuring stick games for Boise are Oregon and TCU...and if either of those games were any indication.....Boise can stake claim to the 3rd best team in the country....that's about it IMO...
Namor's quote:

Next season,...with Boise St. coming out ranked real high and
go undefeated,and with the seasons you have put together
I think you should get to play for the BCS.Beat VT..and I think
everything will come together...It would be cool with me to see
Bama and Boise St play for the title next year.
What's changed is that BSU won when you all thought they would have at least one loss by now.

I know, I know, the SEC!!! recruits players from the planet Krypton who are all 6'11 300 lbs and run sub 4.2 40s. BSU just has no chance since all their players are like 5'9" and 170lbs.

Blah blah blah

You guys seriously think 'Bama wants a piece of Boise St? Why haven't they called? They don't want none. They're just posturing.

Like I said before, watch and VT will come back and win the weak ACC. Then all of you will be saying, "This isn't the same VT team that BSU beat, if they held the game again VT would win 9 out of 10 times." And so forth.

Namor's quote:

What's changed is that BSU won when you all thought they would have at least one loss by now.

What the hell are you talking about son... Bama has nothing to prove.. Boise is the team that has to prove something. Bama is too busy scheduling OOC games against top teams from other conferences to be BEGGING Boise ****ing St. to play... that's ridiculous..

You would have to be a stone cold idiot (or Tim Brando... same difference) to believe that any team from the SEC is afraid of all those undersized, red-headed, white boys Boise St. brings to the table... much less Alabama..

Mal Moore flat out called Boise's bluff.... and so did Nebraska..

Boise wants to play the role of "disrespected little guy" when it comes to being left out of the national championship game, or lack of respect in the polls... but not when it comes to accepting million dollar handouts from established programs and traditional powers...

Not sure what my quote from last year has to do with anything... I said Boise could lay claim to the 3rd best team in the country IMO... and that was about it...

The problem is that they're only tested twice a year.... their depth and toughness isn't tested the way it is when you have to go through the rigors of an SEC schedule and playing rivals that HATE you with every fiber of their being every week...

But... I suppose you can't expect new programs that pop up and experience a little success suddenly playing glorified high school teams every week to appreciate that or understand it... nor their fan base...

Bring on the New Mexico State Aggies!!!

Blah blah blah

Namor's quote:

Hey...why is the great one's name being thrown around.
I think Boise St can play with anybody on a neutral field in a one game scenario.
What I object to is the chance a one lost Bama could be shafted out of a chance to play for the
title while a undefeated Boise St could get in because of the differences of our schedules.
And you have to admit our schedules are night and day.
We will have played by the end of the year ,not including the SECCG,at least 4 top 10 teams.
Alabama is not going to pay Boise St. their asking price of 1.2 million to come play us,we will pay
up to 750,000 to play...but Boise 's hasn't called...Bama doesn't have to call you guys..
We just scheduled Michigan for 2012 along with Penn St plus our SEC schedule.
I'm not busting your chops,but your hanging your hat on a bad VT and a #24 ranked Oregon St.
teams.
Do you think Boises St's schedule and Alabama's rank the same?

Bama would love to play Boise St for all the marbles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude Bama would ****ing DESTROY Boise St by about 30 points. Get real.

Blah blah blah

Namor's quote:

I'm really not hating. Real talk. I have no dog in this fight. I follow Boise State because they're a hot bet for me. Alabama gains NOTHING from playing Boise State. Nothing. Boise State has EVERYTHING to gain from playing top tier programs like Alabama. Alabama gains nothing because they don't recruit that far West. There's no benefits for Alabama.

This isn't the NFL. There isn't a scheduling system. Teams schedule their own opponents but they have to play teams within their conference. While Boise State is a good team, they're not on Alabama's level. They're just not. Boise State needs to be playing teams from the PAC 10 and the Big 10. This way they expand their recruiting to the West coast and the Midwest. If Boise State were a top teir program, the PAC 10 would be recruiting them to their conference like they did with Colorado and Utah. I'm not saying that Colorado and Utah are top teir programs on the football field, but they bring a lot more to the table than Boise State can. Boise can't bring a huge TV market like Colorado and Utah can. The PAC 10 got HUGE markets out of Denver and Salt Lake City. Boise can't provide that. Boise also doesn't bring a major airport into the equation. This may sound crazy but trust me, it matters. Athletic departments largely operate in the red unless you're a "Blue Blood" such as Texas and Ohio State. Flights and hotels become VERY expensive. Believe me, I travel to EVERY Miami Hurricanes game. Home and away. Just on hotels and flights I'll spend roughly $3000 just for me. And I fly out of a major airport in Atlanta. It adds up. And unless Boise can provide huge ratings in a TV market, it doesn't make a lot of sense to add them to the PAC 10 when it becomes expensive to get teams in and out of Boise.

There's A LOT more to this stuff than two teams lining up and playing football.

And college football will remain a ****ing joke and the only good reason for watching it will be to gamble on it.

In the meantime, with the way it is set up now, they should really just declare whoever wins the SEC as the national champion and be done with it.

They could save a lot of time if they just did it that way....:lol:

I've never been a big proponent of the BCS, ever since the first time I watched a team that didn't even win it's own conference (Nebraska) play in the national championship game against Miami a decade ago...

However, all the BCS ever promised was that it would match up #1 vs. #2 for all the marbles.... how the teams get to #1 or #2 is in the hands of of the coaches, media, and computers.

Bottom line is this.... college football could play Rock, Paper, Scissors to decide the champion and it's STILL a lot better than the watered down version of itself the NFL has become... at least rivalries mean something in college football.

There are no rivalries in the NFL... they're only in the fan's heads. Rivalries in the NFL became extinct when free agency came along. Hell, look around... when you see guys like Jason Taylor and Brett Favre in Jet, Viking uniforms... it pounds this point home with the force of a sledgehammer... and that's only two examples... we could go a lot further into it...

Rivalries in college football are 100 years old... and filled with hate.. they only intensify as time passes... they get stronger... which is what makes the regular season mean as much as it does under the current BCS format. They stay with you for a lifetime... it's part of WHO you are. Prime Example: -- DeMeco Ryans was asked a few weeks ago if he hated the in-state rival Dallas Cowboys... his response? "No, I HATE Auburn".... I guarantee 98% of players in the NFL feel the same way.... no amount of money can change that about you once you've experienced it.

The business aspect of the NFL has made it atrocious.... it's all about "so and so is making more money than me"... *****, whine, cry, complain and hold out. It turns them all into big pu**ies. Guys like Albert Haynesworth making 100 million dollars and whining about having to play a position or technique that he "doesn't like"....:lol: Get the **** outta here...

Am I REALLY supposed to be entertained by some idiot who changes his last name to represent a number in Spanish.. meanwhile waiting with baited breath to see what endzone dance he's spent conjuring up all week in practice? WTF?.. Are people really entertained by **** like that? I don't get it...

Guys like Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, etc. along with a few others are about the only thing that even makes the NFL tolerable... there's too many that ruin it nowdays.

The NFL was much better 30 years ago when guys played professional football as a means for putting food on the table.... and rivalries meant something. Personally, I'll always enjoy the last levels of PURE football more (high school and college)... Probably due to the fact that I have many years invested in coaching amateur/scholarship football players...

I have a 16 year old son that's a quarterback in 6-A... two years ago he broke his neck in practice taking a hit while diving for a catch. Let me tell you something, there are no words that can describe the feeling that comes over you as a parent when you SEE that happen...

Fortunately, it wasn't anything permanent... only a slight hairline fracture in his neck.. He wore a neck brace for 3 weeks and was out there selling out to catch footballs again a month later... for FREE.. because he loves the game. Meanwhile, around that same time, you had idiots around here defending a fake like Ginnger that was scared of his own shadow and doesn't have a fraction of the guts or moxy of my teenage son... a fake who was getting paid millions of dollars to do precisely that...

It's all perspective... but the NFL is a ****ing joke if you ask me... and it's getting worse. If the NFL didn't have a season next year due to a lockout, it wouldn't phase me one bit... Hell, I might even get a little more yardwork done if they do... I won't have an excuse to give my ol' lady anymore. She knows my Saturdays are off limits... especially when the Tide is playing in Tuscaloosa.. and always will be.

Now these pampered millionaires are bitching about an 18 game schedule.... Get your a**es out there and play dipsticks... Whether you're an offensive or defensive player, your unit is only out there for about 30 minutes every Sunday anyway... suck it up pansies... There's a lot of jersey wearing, pampered millionaire admirers counting on you...

Back
Top Bottom