Saban Cry's about Boise State... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Cry's about Boise State...

Dude Bama would ****ing DESTROY Boise St by about 30 points. Get real.
LOL Again with this, "they would destroy BSU because they would destroy BSU."

How many of you thought that Oklahoma would destroy BSU in 2007, or TCU would destroy them last year? I could dig up the quotes if you want me to.

I think people get hung up on BSU because they're not in a big media market. They have no problem with TCU in the top 10 because they have the DFW area. They have no problem with Utah in the top 10 because the SLC market. Seriously, I think for some people big media market equals big money equals good team.

...college football could play Rock, Paper, Scissors to decide the champion and it's STILL a lot better than the watered down version of itself the NFL has become... the NFL is a ****ing joke if you ask me...

You just lost all the respect that I had for you with this ignorant post. Don't worry though, it wasn't much to begin with.

LOL Again with this, "they would destroy BSU because they would destroy BSU."

How many of you thought that Oklahoma would destroy BSU in 2007, or TCU would destroy them last year? I could dig up the quotes if you want me to.

I think people get hung up on BSU because they're not in a big media market. They have no problem with TCU in the top 10 because they have the DFW area. They have no problem with Utah in the top 10 because the SLC market. Seriously, I think for some people big media market equals big money equals good team.

I don't like TCU in the top 10. I don't have a problem with Utah THIS year because I know they've been recruiting better athletes the past couple of years in preparation for a move to a BCS conference. Utah has done things the right way in my opinion. That's not me saying that TCU and Boise State are going about this all wrong because they take what they can get. But for Boise State and TCU to get the respect they so desire, they're going to have to play some real competition. One game a year isn't going to cut it.

You just lost all the respect that I had for you with this ignorant post. Don't worry though, it wasn't much to begin with.

I don't need your respect numbnutz... You're just another hard-mouth, *** clown Hurricanes fan that wouldn't know a football from a fire ant...

Take your $.08 "respect" and give it to the Bi-fecta... they need all the support from snowed over fans like you they can get...

I don't need your respect numbnutz... You're just another hard-mouth, *** clown Hurricanes fan that wouldn't know a football from a fire ant...

Take your $.08 "respect" and give it to the Bi-fecta... they need all the support from snowed over fans like you they can get...

Sorry to say it man. You sound like super angry person.

Sorry to say it man. You sound like super angry person.

:lol: Not at all son...

That's the problem... people tend to take things way too seriously on the internet.. When you've done all you can possibly do to get your point across from a "serious" football perspective, philosophy, X's and O's, etc... and it still doesn't work.. it's time to move on and just have a little fun..

When it gets to that point, I enjoy sarcastic banter back and forth... as long as they have a sense of humor, they can say anything they want to me..

I know what I know.. and I know how I got it...

I don't like TCU in the top 10. I don't have a problem with Utah THIS year because I know they've been recruiting better athletes the past couple of years in preparation for a move to a BCS conference. Utah has done things the right way in my opinion. That's not me saying that TCU and Boise State are going about this all wrong because they take what they can get. But for Boise State and TCU to get the respect they so desire, they're going to have to play some real competition. One game a year isn't going to cut it.

Utah, in my opinion, has less business being in the top 10 than anyone. They beat Pitt. That's all they've done this year.

This year, Boise State will play as many top 25 teams as Oklahoma. I don't know where you're getting that they only play one good team a year. This year they'll play at least four.

Yet, even if they played one good team, where does that prove anything as far as how good they are?

Let's say for analogy's sake that you put Bama or Florida in the WAC, they'd easily roll the conference much the same as Boise does. Does that mean they wouldn't survive the SEC if they came back?

Last edited by a moderator:
Utah, in my opinion, has less business being in the top 10 than anyone. They beat Pitt. That's all they've done this year.

This year, Boise State will play as many top 25 teams as Oklahoma. I don't know where you're getting that they only play one good team a year. This year they'll play at least four.

Yet, even if they played one good team, where does that prove anything as far as how good they are?

Let's say for analogy's sake that you put Bama or Florida in the WAC, they'd easily roll the conference much the same as Boise does. Does that mean they wouldn't survive the SEC if they came back?

The problem is we all know Bama or Florida would roll the WAC but there is no proof that Boise St. could compete for an SEC title. Alabama and Florida get slack for scheduling teams like San Jose St. yet Boise St. will play cupcake teams for six weeks straight. Alabama is about to play 6 teams in the SEC all who have an off week before playing Bama. Boise St. has to prepare for San Jose St., La Tech, Hawaii, and Idaho for their next four games. Boise St. does not deserve the respect that you expect when they don't have to prepare for a competative oppenent week in and week out. Boise St. went out of conference and played Va Tech this year. Big deal, Alabama has done that the past three seasons and still has to go through the SEC. Fans like you complain how it is unfair that Boise St. does not get the chance to play for the BCS championship game despite going undeafted and my response is when comparing Boise St.'s schedule to any team in the SEC it's unfair that Boise St. is even in the discussion.

Dude, look at the athletes that Boise State recruits versus that of Florida, Alabama, etc. Look at it on paper. Look at offensive lineman versus offensive lineman in the SEC. Those Boise State kids might be able to lineup and fight for one game, but week after week after week it's going to take a serious physical toll of Boise State.

Had Boise State had to play another big physical team after Virginia Tech, I say they lose. Virginia Tech beat Boise State up physically. You could see it really affecting Boise State late in that game. That carries over from week to week. I travel A LOT. Every weekend. Some weeks I'm still exhausted from the weekend and it carries into the next weekend. It's rough on the body. I can only imagine what it's like lining up and slamming your body into another continuously. Who you recruit matters. Scheme will only get you by for so long.

Dude, look at the athletes that Boise State recruits versus that of Florida, Alabama, etc. Look at it on paper. Look at offensive lineman versus offensive lineman in the SEC. Those Boise State kids might be able to lineup and fight for one game, but week after week after week it's going to take a serious physical toll of Boise State.

Had Boise State had to play another big physical team after Virginia Tech, I say they lose. Virginia Tech beat Boise State up physically. You could see it really affecting Boise State late in that game. That carries over from week to week. I travel A LOT. Every weekend. Some weeks I'm still exhausted from the weekend and it carries into the next weekend. It's rough on the body. I can only imagine what it's like lining up and slamming your body into another continuously. Who you recruit matters. Scheme will only get you by for so long.

And how did Boise State's "inferior athletes" affect Virginia Tech? Remember, Ryan Clady was a two-star. Now he's an all-pro NFL'er. I think you're buying into the hype of the star system of recruiting a bit too much.

You ever see MNF when the players announce where they went to school? Usually they're from all over the place. They're not all from the SEC, contrary to what you might believe about "superior athletes". They're from big schools and small schools, some even from FCS schools. I wonder if they know that they have no business being on the field with the goliath former-SEC players. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
And how did Boise State's "inferior athletes" affect Virginia Tech? Remember, Ryan Clady was a two-star. Now he's an all-pro NFL'er. I think you're buying into the hype of the star system of recruiting a bit too much.

You ever see MNF when the players announce where they went to school? Usually they're from all over the place. They're not all from the SEC, contrary to what you might believe about "superior athletes". They're from big schools and small schools, some even from FCS schools. I wonder if they know that they have no business being on the field with the goliath former-SEC players. LOL

Rafiki.
Look dude...I'm not starting a fight or anything....I think Boise State is very good football team...how good? I don't know...
I'm not really sure how good Bama is yet.I would for Bama and Boise St. to play for the title.
And If Boise St beats Alabama....I'll be the first to PM you and congradulate you.
What I have a problem with is the roads,that each team has to travel to get there,to seem to be compared equally.

On the NFL though,..take any teams rosters and look at the percentages of players from BCS schools campared to
the smaller conf.

Rafiki.
Look dude...I'm not starting a fight or anything....I think Boise State is very good football team...how good? I don't know...
I'm not really sure how good Bama is yet.I would for Bama and Boise St. to play for the title.
And If Boise St beats Alabama....I'll be the first to PM you and congradulate you.
What I have a problem with is the roads,that each team has to travel to get there,to seem to be compared equally.

On the NFL though,..take any teams rosters and look at the percentages of players from BCS schools campared to
the smaller conf.

I know you're not starting a fight. I'm not trying to start a fight either. You don't see me starting threads about how glorious Boise State is and how unfair things are, etc, etc. In fact, I refuse to open game threads because I know what the response will be (see last year's fiesta bowl thread). But if people want to hop on and start talking trash, I'm going to defend my team.

Back
Top Bottom