Saban effect already hurting Alabama recruiting. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban effect already hurting Alabama recruiting.

chrisnmich

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Looks llike the Saban effect has hit Alabama...They have lost three top football players from the state of Florida , two of them to the Miami Hurricanes.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6431020?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=36

It's interesting how the top QB in Florida states "they assured me I would be the man, but I smelled something funny!"

Also...noteworthy..after courting the top defensive end in Alabama..whicn included dinner and all..that recruit decided to sign with Auburn! There's an article on how Saban so far is having a hard time...the writer claims it's the learning curve...Learning Curve? I think he's done...

http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregister/nmccready.ssf?/base/sports/1170239019197080.xml&coll=3

Also one of his assistants who had been rolling the tide for about 2 weeks, ditched him for a job with (yes sir) the Cleveland Browns....

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6419082?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=24

Yea baby!!! I have followed Robert Marve'sHS career and just have to say that I'm stoked that he chose the 'Canes over 'Bama. Robert throws a really nice ball and I'm looking forward to seeing him take over at the 'U'.

don't **** with karma,him and his wife who said and i quote "it took us a long time to get out of there but were glad were finally here" deserve it

He did'nt even adress our fanbase which i thought was completely disrepectful.
The story is going national tonight on espn,,the media is the devil and after they way he has treated them,,there gonna get em

I love it, but I just find it hard to believe that he won't succeed in Alabama. Pretty much anybody can do well with a big name at a football factory college.

Maybe he is having trouble because he got a late start on recruiting compared to the other coaches he is going up against. Nah, that couldnt have anything to do with it.

don't **** with karma,him and his wife who said and i quote "it took us a long time to get out of there but were glad were finally here" deserve it

He did'nt even adress our fanbase which i thought was completely disrepectful.
The story is going national tonight on espn,,the media is the devil and after they way he has treated them,,there gonna get em

that one stays with me...

Maybe he is having trouble because he got a late start on recruiting compared to the other coaches he is going up against. Nah, that couldnt have anything to do with it.

Randy Shannon got a late start and he is doing an amazing job building us a respectable class when there was very little to look forward to.

Randy Shannon got a late start and he is doing an amazing job building us a respectable class when there was very little to look forward to.

Shannon is bringing in a respectable class and doing a great job, his class is ranked 23rd now. Saban is failing and hurting Bama and his class is ranked 16th. And recruits werent exactly banging down Bamas door and then Saban showed up and they all went somewhere else.

Since Saban has been at Alabama they have gotten commits from seven recruits, including four 4* recruits. That's in less than 1 month's time.

Also, he has gained interest from many other high profile four and five star recruits that came out of the blue and had Alabama in the final 5, 3, and even 2 before commiting elsewhere. Most of these were guys that were not considering Alabama at all before the Saban hire.

Continue the bashing, but make sure it's intelligent. Saban is doing a good job of recruiting so far.

I went to plant high and went to every game that he played. We also were the champs in let it fly. From my personal experience and knowing him he is very poised and could be a top talent.

pros

very good arm strength (when he was 12 he could throw a ball 60 yards)
Very mobile
Very well conditioned. (our coach made him run over to the sideline after every play to talk to him)
Can throw real good on the run
Great leader

Cons

Gets flustered when theres a heavy rush
Sometimes makes very bad decisions and tries to make the big play

With some coaching he could be very good.

Since Saban has been at Alabama they have gotten commits from seven recruits, including four 4* recruits. That's in less than 1 month's time.

Also, he has gained interest from many other high profile four and five star recruits that came out of the blue and had Alabama in the final 5, 3, and even 2 before commiting elsewhere. Most of these were guys that were not considering Alabama at all before the Saban hire.

Continue the bashing, but make sure it's intelligent. Saban is doing a good job of recruiting so far.

At least you know what you're talking about.

Shannon is bringing in a respectable class and doing a great job, his class is ranked 23rd now. Saban is failing and hurting Bama and his class is ranked 16th. And recruits werent exactly banging down Bamas door and then Saban showed up and they all went somewhere else.

Shannon was also on the staff all year long, so anything Coker had done recruiting wise could roll over fairly well.

Back
Top Bottom