Saban effect already hurting Alabama recruiting. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban effect already hurting Alabama recruiting.

I think you're probably in the minority on that.

Scout rankings make no sense to me. They have Oregon in the top 10 but Oregon only got 1 player ranked in the top 100. Notre Dame is 11th and they got 5 players in the top 100. Oregon doesnt have a bad class but loading up on 2 star players isnt exactly a top class imo.

I'm talking about the sites as a whole, not just their team rankings.

Fixed your post, that's what you meant to type.

I took the information from your preferred rankings and that's where it lands. So I guess we know now who doesn't know what they are talking about. Why no answer to the question? Just another jab. Maybe it's because you have no answer.

I took the information from your preferred rankings and that's where it lands. So I guess we know now who doesn't know what they are talking about. Why no answer to the question? Just another jab. Maybe it's because you have no answer.

1) rankings in recruiting from any site dont = bowl birth. OSU finished 3rd in the Big Ten recruiting rankings last year, where'd they finish in wins and loses though?
2) as someone pointed out recruiting takes a long time to get relationships with players. It doesnt start in December, it starts a good year in advance. Saban was very late to the game and still pulled in a pretty good class. That is why you dont know what you're talking about because you expect a guy to show up and having not talked to these kids at all to compete with coaches who have been building relationships with them and their families. Not to mention Alabama sucked last year and until he can win some games it'll be hard to compete with a lot of the SEC teams. The idea that he's hurting Alabama is ridiculous.

1) rankings in recruiting from any site dont = bowl birth. OSU finished 3rd in the Big Ten recruiting rankings last year, where'd they finish in wins and loses though?
2) as someone pointed out recruiting takes a long time to get relationships with players. It doesnt start in October, it starts a good year in advance. Saban was very late to the game and still pulled in a pretty good class. That is why you dont know what you're talking about because you expect a guy to show up and having not talked to these kids at all to compete with coaches who have been building relationships with them and their families. Not to mention Alabama sucked last year and until he can win some games it'll be hard to compete with a lot of the SEC teams. The idea that he's hurting Alabama is ridiculous.

1) Agreed.
2) First of all, he just left this conference 2 years ago. It's not like it has been 4 years and there has been a complete turnover. Many of his recruits are still at LSU. And if you beleive that he is not hurting Alabama by signing a garunteed contract then you are mistaken. You have to able to look beyond football when making this assessment. How many scholarships could that be? How many books is that? Would that have built a new library? Or maybe some other needed building? The point is, if he is all that, then he didn't need a garunteed contract. Let them use some of that money in other areas of need. Afterall, it is still a learning institution isn't it?

HAHAHAAHAHH!
A coach gets 1 month to try and recruit from scratch.

Comes in and gets the #10 class in America, as deemed by the most widely trusted source in all of college football recruiting, and someone wants to bash him?

Look, whoever dug this up...you are pulling at straws. I have not heard one single analyst, one single media member, etc. say anything about this being a poor recruiting class for Alabama. This is the top recruiting class in 7 seasons (1 spot higher than last yrs class).

This is probably the saddest, most biased, and most weakly-built argument of any post I've read in many years of intelligent football conversation. Let me tell you one thing, despite how much you probably hate Saban (and simultaneously hate Bama), things are looking bright for the Tide's future. The number 10 recruiting class just went to a team that went 6-7 last year. That has something to do with the staff. Combine that with all the late players that had Bama in their final three and factoring in the disadvantage that the staff had, there is no doubt that Bama did one of the better jobs in recruiting this year.

Roll Tide, pal.

I'm talking about the sites as a whole, not just their team rankings.
I cancelled my membership last year because they always got the commitment stories later, had a lot of errors in the facts and stats of recruits, and don't offer as many overall stories or have the same caliber forums as Rivals. Also, if a recruit is relatively unknown, Scout ususally does not go back and evaluate them like Rivals does. So if there's a sleeper player, Scout will just give them a default 2 star ranking. I've been down both roads my friend, and it's like comparing Britney Spears pre and post K-Fed.

1) Agreed.
2) First of all, he just left this conference 2 years ago. It's not like it has been 4 years and there has been a complete turnover. Many of his recruits are still at LSU. And if you beleive that he is not hurting Alabama by signing a garunteed contract then you are mistaken. You have to able to look beyond football when making this assessment. How many scholarships could that be? How many books is that? Would that have built a new library? Or maybe some other needed building? The point is, if he is all that, then he didn't need a garunteed contract. Let them use some of that money in other areas of need. Afterall, it is still a learning institution isn't it?

That's changing the argument but alright I guess. I was never arguing if Saban's contract hurts the academics of Alabama because I dont care. Obviously they think he'll bring more money into the school then it is costing them, which is probably true. How talking about his recruiting class and college football turned into him hurting them building a new library is interesting though

HAHAHAAHAHH!
A coach gets 1 month to try and recruit from scratch.

Comes in and gets the #10 class in America, as deemed by the most widely trusted source in all of college football recruiting, and someone wants to bash him?

Look, whoever dug this up...you are pulling at straws. I have not heard one single analyst, one single media member, etc. say anything about this being a poor recruiting class for Alabama. This is the top recruiting class in 7 seasons (1 spot higher than last yrs class).

This is probably the saddest, most biased, and most weakly-built argument of any post I've read in many years of intelligent football conversation. Let me tell you one thing, despite how much you probably hate Saban (and simultaneously hate Bama), things are looking bright for the Tide's future. The number 10 recruiting class just went to a team that went 6-7 last year. That has something to do with the staff. Combine that with all the late players that had Bama in their final three and factoring in the disadvantage that the staff had, there is no doubt that Bama did one of the better jobs in recruiting this year.

Roll Tide, pal.

Dude, you realize seven out of the top 10 recruiting classes were SEC schools?

Those are teams your tide play week in, week out.

That means you are at the bottom half of the SEC recruiting pool. And don't think the tide would have done any worse with Shula still at the helm.

...so yeah, roll tide roll.

...around the bowl down the hole.

GEAUX TIGERS.

Dude, you realize seven out of the top 10 recruiting classes were SEC schools?

Those are teams your tide play week in, week out.

That means you are at the bottom half of the SEC recruiting pool. And don't think the tide would have done any worse with Shula still at the helm.

...so yeah, roll tide roll.

...around the bowl down the hole.

GEAUX TIGERS.
Just shows the SEC's dominance. Since when is having a top 10 class a bad thing?
:shakeno:

I cancelled my membership last year because they always got the commitment stories later, had a lot of errors in the facts and stats of recruits, and don't offer as many overall stories or have the same caliber forums as Rivals. Also, if a recruit is relatively unknown, Scout ususally does not go back and evaluate them like Rivals does. So if there's a sleeper player, Scout will just give them a default 2 star ranking. I've been down both roads my friend, and it's like comparing Britney Spears pre and post K-Fed.

Maybe it's better on the bama side. With my canes there is more volume of stories, but it's usually nothing but rumor, mostly wrong, being reported by Ferman. And the board is dead as a doornail, nothing compared to scout(although they recently got a new one which is crap and has drove some people away, hopefully over to CH:cooldude:). I could care less about rankings really because I almost always watch the film myself and draw my own conclusions. Although I do like Scout's evaluations of the top prospects better than rivals.

Back
Top Bottom