Saban has alot to prove this year.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban has alot to prove this year....

Holcomb10 said:
After the low point of the season... a lopsided loss to the Cleveland Browns, Nick Saban went on a hot streak.....

the miami dolphins won out the season....filling the Dolphins faithful with confidence for the upcoming season.....

While Nick Saban has the pedigree, one needs only look a little closer to see that his late season success doesn't mean instant success in 2006...

Of the last 6 wins of the season, 4 were against OAK, BUF, NYJ, and TEN...not exactly the cream of the crop..... another against the Patriots, at a time when they couldn't care less about winning....when you send Flutie out for the drop kick you aren't really trying.....

That leaves the sanDiego game.... a solid win.... but a sign of things to come?....possibly, but not likely.....

We are talking about a team that was a mere 3-7 going into a stretch of games that could breed a sense of self confidence that may not be worthy.....

If you take into account that the Pats could have easily won the finale, and the fact that Mike Mularkey (new OC of Miami) gift wrapped the win against Buffalo, the fins would have, and should have finished 7-9......

Perhaps Miami turned a corner last season....but any predictions of 11 wins, or an AFC East championship are WAY to premature at this point...... The Fins have yet to win a meaningful game under Nick Saban.....and are a long way from unseating New England as the class of the AFCE.

If there was a time to do it, it is now...the Jets and the Bills are in a transistion, and New England losing quality players every year.... but the title of genius, and unstoppable in 2006 when attributed to the Miami Dolphins based on there late season success against the basement of the NFL is unwarrented as of yet.

Nice ya just take away 2 of Miami's close wins and say we should have been 7-9. Maybe take away some close losses where we had a chance to win late in the 4th Q and we finish 12-4 (ATL at home, NE at home, Bills at buffalo). You can argue about anyone's schedule and say they deserved to be this record or that. Reality is we were a 9-7 team one game out of the playoffs.

NE late in the 2005 went 6-1 in weeks 10-16 and everyone was jumping back on that bandwagon. They beat one team with a winning record TB(Miami ended up with a winning record but wasn't at the time of the game). Fact is beating any NFL team is hard. Winning 6 in a row late in 2005 shows that Miami is a good team headed in the right direction.

I expected anything from 8-8 to 10-6 last year. Miami is the only NFL team to never have back to back losing seasons and that is still intact. This is a winning team and we will be back to the playoffs next year.

The team will be more consistant next year, which is what we were missing last year and caused us to miss the playoffs and the division title. We will build on what Saban started last year. Bringing in more players suited to his style and getting better play out of the players we keep from the 2005 roster.

Give me a 10-6 to 12-4 record in 2006 with a playoff spot and I will be happy next year as well. You will see what a truely good coaching staff can do for a franchise like the Dolphins that is dedicated to winning football.

DaBills4life said:
No you will.

Why always start a fight?

Juaron doesnt have the hype like Saban does.

i cant believe you actually are bragging about dick juaron...all the bills fans i know just keep their heads down when i mention his name....did a lot for detriot right?....dolfans have a lot to be excited about with saban(he has never had a loosing record as head coach including LSU)...and you know that both you and the jets have a few things in commong...both new york teams that ARE so going to be sharing the basement in the afc east for years to come....

miaD5499 said:
i cant believe you actually are bragging about dick juaron...all the bills fans i know just keep their heads down when i mention his name....did a lot for detriot right?....dolfans have a lot to be excited about with saban(he has never had a loosing record as head coach including LSU)...and you know that both you and the jets have a few things in commong...both new york teams that ARE so going to be sharing the basement in the afc east for years to come....

The Jets aren't in New York.

Jauron wasnt the HC in Detroit either.

B-LO said:
Moulds and Evans are a better tandem than Chambers and Booker.
Really?? Then why have we NEVER seen this pipe dream of YOURS on the field?

McGahee is better than either Miami back.
:sidelol:

Maybe YOU should take off those billy-goat- BLUE shaded glasses off and stop reading McGahee's self proclaiming (greatest r-b in the league) clippings!
:shakeno:

Besides being YOUNGER, STRONGER, and most definitely FASTER,,, R Brown has two qualities inside of him that McGahee is soooo very clueless about...

Heart and CLASS.
:D

Marino1983

DaBills4life said:
Juaron doesnt have the hype like Saban does.
:roflmao:
And what has D Juaron done to gain any "hype"?
Oh that's right he has been fired twice as the h-c of the Bears and never offered a contract with the Lions.. I see...

Don't even try to compare the 2... Saban has done more as an assitant in this league than Jauron did as a h-c..
:rolleyes2

Marino1983

Marino1983 said:
:roflmao:
And what has D Juaron done to gain any "hype"?
Oh that's right he has been fired twice as the h-c of the Bears and never offered a contract with the Lions.. I see...

Don't even try to compare the 2... Saban has done more as an assitant in this league than Jauron did as a h-c..
:rolleyes2

Marino1983

Actually, he has done more than Nick Saban has done in the NFL. He was former coach of the year.

I dont know how anyone got that I was bragging about Dick Jauron because I said he isnt getting hyped up like Saban is.

Sometimes you Fin fans search for a fight.

Hype is when you expect someone to do good, no hype is when your not expecting anything.

I dont expect anything from Juaron, you guys expect championships from Saban.

Hype is all Saban is right now and all he will ever be until he takes a team to the playoffs.

Nublar7 said:
So was Wanny when he was the coach of Chicago. :eek:

Juaron and Wanny, but no Saban.

I'll give him atleast 2 more years to win it though. Although, with all the hype, he should win it next year and every year.

DaBills4life said:
Juaron and Wanny, but no Saban.

I'll give him atleast 2 more years to win it though. Although, with all the hype, he should win it next year and every year.

Jealousy is the worst disease you can have!!!!!! Too bad We have Saban and you have JAuron:sidelol:

dominizzo said:
Jealousy is the worst disease you can have!!!!!! Too bad We have Saban and you have JAuron:sidelol:

I'll be jealous if Saban has the Dolphins in the playoffs and the Bills are watching from home. Until then, there is nothing to be jealous of.

DaBills4life said:
I'll be jealous if Saban has the Dolphins in the playoffs and the Bills are watching from home. Until then, there is nothing to be jealous of.

mark it down We make the playoffs and you will not

Not Hype.....Just going on track record!

DaBills4life said:
Actually, he has done more than Nick Saban has done in the NFL. He was former coach of the year.

I dont know how anyone got that I was bragging about Dick Jauron because I said he isnt getting hyped up like Saban is.

Sometimes you Fin fans search for a fight.

Hype is when you expect someone to do good, no hype is when your not expecting anything.

I dont expect anything from Juaron, you guys expect championships from Saban.

Hype is all Saban is right now and all he will ever be until he takes a team to the playoffs.
All the "hype" you speak about comes from past performances. All Saban has done anywhere he has gone is IMPROVE. Now if other writers and fans believe that this could happen here, I do not see this as HYPE. To improve in 1 season from 4 wins to nine is a fact that improvement has already taken place. That a plan is in place... that a process has started.. That at the end of this process there could be a chance at something special??? Then call it hype,jealously or just trying to stir the pot. Does Saban have to prove things to Dolphin fans...Sure. But he went a long way to gaining trust his first season....Does he have to prove anything to anyone outside this organization or this fan base....Sorry but I could care LESS!!!!! (especially to Bill fans who found so much joy in our struggles two yrs. ago.) And By the way Jauron is a good coach, if you do not expect good things from him, then that is sad and shortsighted. Someone should really inform Nick Saban, That besides F.A, The draft, the salary cap and doing all he can to IMPROVE this team, that he has to prove to Holcomb 10 or justa, or Cw or all the others who come from a differnt fan base that he is the REAL DEAL:tantrum: :tantrum: :fire: :refuse:

Phins13 said:
All the "hype" you speak about comes from past performances. All Saban has done anywhere he has gone is IMPROVE. Now if other writers and fans believe that this could happen here, I do not see this as HYPE. To improve in 1 season from 4 wins to nine is a fact that improvement has already taken place. That a plan is in place... that a process has started.. That at the end of this process there could be a chance at something special??? Then call it hype,jealously or just trying to stir the pot. Does Saban have to prove things to Dolphin fans...Sure. But he went a long way to gaining trust his first season....Does he have to prove anything to anyone outside this organization or this fan base....Sorry but I could care LESS!!!!! (especially to Bill fans who found so much joy in our struggles two yrs. ago.) And By the way Jauron is a good coach, if you do not expect good things from him, then that is sad and shortsighted. Someone should really inform Nick Saban, That besides F.A, The draft, the salary cap and doing all he can to IMPROVE this team, that he has to prove to Holcomb 10 or justa, or Cw or all the others who come from a differnt fan base that he is the REAL DEAL:tantrum: :tantrum: :fire: :refuse:

Spurrier improved college teams everywhere he went also.

Saban with Ricky had a worse record than Wanny with Ricky.

HiOctaneBills said:
The Jets aren't in New York.

Jauron wasnt the HC in Detroit either.

technicaly true that the jets aren't in New York but wrong on dick juaron...he was the interim head coach of the lions last year

Back
Top Bottom