Saban has alot to prove this year.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban has alot to prove this year....

DaBills4life said:
Spurrier improved college teams everywhere he went also.

Saban with Ricky had a worse record than Wanny with Ricky.
Saban inherited a 4-12 football team. Installed 2 new systems(off. and def.) . Led them to six straight wins(granted not all world beaters) and had the Dolphins playing their best football at the end of a season. Even when teams were quitting on their coach, Saban had them playing hard. These are facts......NOT HYPE!!:boohoo: :o

DaBills4life said:
Spurrier improved college teams everywhere he went also.

Saban with Ricky had a worse record than Wanny with Ricky.
:lol: Wanny inherited a team coming off a 9-7 season and an appearance in the Divisional Playoffs. Saban inherited a 4-12 team with a lot of problems(player wise and front office wise). Unless you don't follow football AT ALL, you will realize that Saban did an amazing job for a first year head coach. PLEASE tell me that this really isn't your way of thinking.

Phins13 said:
Saban inherited a 4-12 football team. Installed 2 new systems(off. and def.) . Led them to six straight wins(granted not all world beaters) and had the Dolphins playing their best football at the end of a season. Even when teams were quitting on their coach, Saban had them playing hard. These are facts......NOT HYPE!!:boohoo: :o

4-12 without Ricky. You had no running game or RB's that year.

Compare Saban to the 2003 fins.

Put Ricky Williams on the 2004 FIns, and you guys go atleast 9-7 or 10-6.

That 4-12 season was a fluke. The 4-12 record was because your BEST and most important player walked away right before camp.

miaD5499 said:
technicaly true that the jets aren't in New York but wrong on dick juaron...he was the interim head coach of the lions last year

That doesnt count. It was still Mooch's team and staff, and along with the fool in the front office, no one will succeed there.

damn every where i go i see jealous bills fan or jets fans.... i just hope that pats fans dont start coming in here jealous of our turn around... or hell would freeze over...:lol:

phinswin said:
damn every where i go i see jealous bills fan or jets fans.... i just hope that pats fans dont start coming in here jealous of our turn around... or hell would freeze over...:lol:

Theres nothing to be jealous of. Its more like sick of the hype. Saban is a nobody until he actually does something in the NFL.

DaBills4life said:
Theres nothing to be jealous of. Its more like sick of the hype. Saban is a nobody until he actually does something in the NFL.
A nobody? He is a head coach in the National Football League. He won a National Title as a college head coach. He turned a 4-12 team into a 9-7 team in just one year! He assembled arguably one of the best coaching staffs in the enite league. I know as a Bills fan you don't take the time to actually look into what Saban is doing, but if you would stop being a homer you will realize that he has changed the face of the franchise and has a great plan for this team. Sure he hasn't accomplished much yet, but that is because HE HAS ONLY BEEN A COACH FOR ONE YEAR!

Believe me, you would KILL to have Saban as your head coach. However, you will only be hiring retreads like Juaron because you have such a cheap owner. Until Ralph goes, you will never have a coach like Parcells, Belichick or Saban. Now thats a fact.

I just read the title. Saban has alot to prove this year? YOU'VE GOT TO BE EFFING KIDDING ME RIGHT? After turning a 4-12 team to 9-7, and now looking into bringing some new free agents, and the 2006 draft, he will do EVEN better next season. Remember, we went 9-7 with Gus Frerrote, and now we are showing interest in Drew Brees (which is starting to seem like him coming to Miami is highly likely). Drew Brees will take us to the next level in an offensive point of view.

Just look at who Nick Saban drafted last season: Ronnie Brown, Matt Roth, Channing Chrowder, Travis Daniels, Manny Wright.

EACH OF THEM HAVE SHOWED POTENTIAL LAST SEASON TO BE GREAT STARS IN THE FUTURE. No other team has had a more successful draft last season than the Dolphins, and I can't wait for this year's draft.

Dick Jauron and Eric Mangini has much more to prove that they can actually take a head coaching job, more to Eric than Dick. Eric Mangini's interview did not impress me at all. He seems soft, and will be a project head coach for years to come. He's not the next Gruden, that's for sure. His interview was similar to Brad Childress' "I've been in a championship team, and have learned from the 'best', blah blah blah". I have questioned all along if Eric is actually ready for a coaching job, Scott Linehan seems more ready than he is.

IMO, Bills will have a better season than the Jets in 2006. Bills are younger, faster, and have more direction than the Jets. I don't know how good J.P. Losman can get, but he needs some more offensive weapons (draft Chad Jackson maybe?). The Bills need Takeo Spikes back, and just build on the draft. Building on the draft is the best way to recover from a horrible season.

Jets has long ways to work, and I don't think Eric is a draft kind of guy. Belicheck isn't a draft guy either, though Hobbs was a great steal and Cassel looked pretty good in week 17.

I like Saban, I just agree he has alot to prove. I really dont care if its one season. The type of press he gets and the Hype he gets from fans, you would think he won something in the NFL.

Win something 1st, then brag about this guy. The Dolphins were a talented football team last year, 9-7 was not that impressive. Like I said, Wanny with Ricky 10-6 in 03, Saban with Ricky and Ronnie, 9-7 in 05. Take away Saban's RB's and he wont win many games either with a bad QB.

It will be interesting to see how that defense plays next year.

Honestly, I hate this bickering back and forth, because all it does is make people say stupid **** that makes no sense and embarasses both sides.

But seriously, Dick Jauron? Please don't tell me you're honestly excited about that.

Nublar7 said:
Until Ralph goes, you will never have a coach like Parcells, Belichick or Saban. Now thats a fact.

Belichick was a retread who had a record in CLE that was similar to DJ's in Chi town.

Nublar7 said:
So Juaron is the next Belichick? :sidelol: Keep dreaming.

Thats a logical falicy ******....

he never said Jauron is the next Belichick...just that Belichick was a loser head coach before he got another chance.... you do know that BB was practically laughed out of Cleveland right?

Your idiotic stament would be akin to me saying "Saban is the next Mularkey cuz he went 9-7 his first year".....

Try not to be stupid.

Back
Top Bottom