Saban has alot to prove this year.... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban has alot to prove this year....

Holcomb10 said:
Thats a logical falicy ******....

he never said Jauron is the next Belichick...just that Belichick was a loser head coach before he got another chance.... you do know that BB was practically laughed out of Cleveland right?

Your idiotic stament would be akin to me saying "Saban is the next Mularkey cuz he went 9-7 his first year".....

Try not to be stupid.

:yeahthat:

DaBills4life said:
I like Saban, I just agree he has alot to prove. I really dont care if its one season. The type of press he gets and the Hype he gets from fans, you would think he won something in the NFL.

Win something 1st, then brag about this guy. The Dolphins were a talented football team last year, 9-7 was not that impressive. Like I said, Wanny with Ricky 10-6 in 03, Saban with Ricky and Ronnie, 9-7 in 05. Take away Saban's RB's and he wont win many games either with a bad QB.

It will be interesting to see how that defense plays next year.

Don't forget Wanny had Ricky, a Good Madison, Surtain, Knight, Ogunleye, and others in 03 your right Saban had ricky and ronnie in 05 I see your point:shakeno:

C'mon you don't know the team you just know a couple of players so you make a statement like that. It takes more than one player to win. What about LT in San Diego, or Alexander in Seattle or Edge for the Colts? They only win those games because of their RB? IF you didn't have Mcgahee you wouldn't win any games???:confused:

HiOctaneBills said:
Belichick was a retread who had a record in CLE that was similar to DJ's in Chi town.

I don't know about that I always liked Belichick when he coached the Browns remember back then they were a tough team with Bernie Kosar as their QB. They just never got over that hump to win a bowl. So they made the wrong move. A couple more years and some more pieces who knows.....

Holcomb10 said:
Thats a logical falicy ******....

he never said Jauron is the next Belichick...just that Belichick was a loser head coach before he got another chance.... you do know that BB was practically laughed out of Cleveland right?

Your idiotic stament would be akin to me saying "Saban is the next Mularkey cuz he went 9-7 his first year".....

Try not to be stupid.

Belichick was a loser head coach???

From 1991 until 1995, Belichick was the head coach of the Cleveland Browns. During his tenure in Cleveland, he compiled a 36-44 record, leading the team to a playoff appearance in 1994. Many fans in Cleveland, however, remember him as the man who benched and then cut much-beloved quarterback Bernie Kosar in 1993, a move that sparked great controversy.

Art Model the owner of the Brown's ended up firing BB when he moved the team to Baltimore in 95 looking for a fresh start even the owner admits it was a bad mistake.
Here's a Link:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/columnist/bell/2005-01-27-afc-beat_x.htm

He was canned at the start of 1995 right after he took the Browns to the playoffs.

Actually when BB was at cleveland Saban was his D-Cor.

The defense showed improvement over those years and in 94 was actually good. In terms of Defense they only had 204 points scored against them that year and that was best in the league. 1995 they declined again then BB and staff got canned for the move to Baltimore Ted Marchibroda was hired.

The offense never was anything spectacular and barely mediocore. The Defense was sucessful despite the Offense. 1995 is hard to evaluate, Browns went 3-1 then after the news to move the team went public they finished 5-11.

ZolarZ_GoPhins said:
Actually when BB was at cleveland Saban was his D-Cor.

The defense showed improvement over those years and in 94 was actually good. In terms of Defense they only had 204 points scored against them that year and that was best in the league. 1995 they declined again then BB and staff got canned for the move to Baltimore Ted Marchibroda was hired.

The offense never was anything spectacular and barely mediocore. The Defense was sucessful despite the Offense. 1995 is hard to evaluate, Browns went 3-1 then after the news to move the team went public they finished 5-11.

Also, BB was off to a hot 5-13 start in NE, and Mo Lewis ended their season by knocking out Drew Bledsoe late in the 2nd game of 2001. Well, atleast they thought the season was over, a man named Tom Brady took over and BB is a genius.

FinFrenzy said:
Belichick was a loser head coach???

Art Model the owner of the Brown's ended up firing BB when he moved the team to Baltimore in 95 looking for a fresh start even the owner admits it was a bad mistake.
Here's a Link:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/columnist/bell/2005-01-27-afc-beat_x.htm

He was canned at the start of 1995 right after he took the Browns to the playoffs.

Jauron had one less win then Belichicks teams in CLE: http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3573

Went 13-3 and made the playoffs once, and was sabotaged his last two years by a new GM that wanted to bring in his own guy. VERY similar situations.

Jauron's record is also similar to that of Levy's when he got fired from KC.

Back
Top Bottom