Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x) | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x)

Will Saban take the offer from Alabama??

• Yes, the pressures of the NFL/ lure of a huge contract is too much to pass up

Votes: 136 49.8%
  • No. Saban will honor his contract with Miami and see this through one way or the other

Votes: 137 50.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe Nick doesn't want to clean up Dave's mess. If we get someone new puh-leeze no more of that "TOTAL CONTROL" crap.

Exactly, its time to split up the responsibilties. Our drafts have been suspect for too long now.

My vote is no.

Nick looked frustrated on the sideline. It wasn't IMO the look of a quitter, but, of someone who was determined to succeed.

LMFAO, so we have no resorted to reading into Nicks actions on the sideline? :sidelol::sidelol::lol::lol::sidelol::sidelol::lol:

We are so desperate for a good coach that we let this Alabama thing deflect the fact that Saban has accomplished nothing in 2 years here except be cranky with the media.

John Clayton was on ESPN radio just now saying he "thinks" he is gone. I guess that settles it, Clayton is never wrong/.

There's a tough road ahead

If Jason retires, and Zach has maybe one good year left, then rebuilding can be really tough for Saban to handle in the next two years. Fred Evans and Rod Wright will be very good with a couple of years, but if JT leaves, Bowens and Roth won't be able to cover the loss of Kevin Carter, Traylor Wilkinson, and Zgonia that will be cut. We have to sign Welker and many other team members that contracts expire and reduce the contracts of Chambers, McMichaels, and Draft and pay new O Line talent that we either sign free agency or draft. We need WR Calvin Johnson to give Lemon or Culpepper deep throw ability to stretch field. The secondary needs two stable CB's and another safety to play along side Yerimiah Bell. We also need a killer LB to groom.
I say Saban takes the money and runs, and I say Mr H sues him for breach of contract for at least 20 mil. Alabama will have him signed by Wednesday.
:dolphins:

Tell me about it. If you look at our drafts, one thing will stand out: the one year in the recent past we had a GM calling the shots, we traded around in the draft and got some nice value (even with the highway robbery by Minnesota). My biggest disappointment in Nick the GM is the lack of draft day movement.

I assume you are talking about 2004 which was an ok draft (2 starters, nothing else) and trading Minny the draft pick to move up two spots was a terrible GM decision.

However, 2005 > 2004. I actually think 2005 was once of our better drafts in recent history especially considering the weak choices at the top draft (2 solid starters, 1 starter/CB depth, 1 DE expected to start, 2 unknown but still on the team).

1 19 Vernon Carey G/TMiami, FL
4 102 Will Poole CBUSC
5 160 Tony Bua SArkansas
6 174 Rex Hadnot CHouston
7 221 Tony Pape TMichigan
7 222 Derrick Pope LBArkansas

1 2 Ronnie Brown RB 6-0 233 Auburn
2 46 (KC)Matt Roth DE 6-4 278 Iowa
3 70 (CHI)Channing Crowder LB 6-2 252 Florida
4 104 Travis Daniels DB 6-1 194 LSU
5 162 (KC)Anthony Alabi OT 6-5 310 TCU
7 216 Kevin Vickerson DT 6-4 295 Michgan St.

if saban leaves we will be screwed for another two years.this team is sabans team.his players.he cant leave an experiment unfinished.i doubt he leaves but if he does im not going to be happy

Its amazing people on here still think because he was FORCED to say he would not take the alabama job a whole week ago, that it would be out of the question for a coach to change his mind? Surely that has never happened before? If Wayne extends or raises his contract I will be upset, he has done NOTHING to warrant an extension/raise. He either wants to coach college or he wants to stay and coach the NFL, I think that is what Nick needs to decide.

It's also amazing how you can imagine that he was FORCED yet no one should think he might have been telling the truth.

Nick has three years left to decide so relax before you go bonkers.

why do most people who post polls have to put reasons with the poll responses? a simple yes or no would suffice for this poll...

I really don't think he leaves, but I want him to leave IF (and only if) he isn't 100% on board with doing what he has to do to take this team to glory. If he pines for college ball, he just needs to go and let us move on.

I'm in this boat. I'll add that if he even tinkers with the idea he should go.

If Alabama gives Saban a blank check and asks him to fill in the numbers, then I think he will take it.....$$$ talks. :shakeno:

To clean UP and OUT of the MESS Dave did to our Team....
I vote for Nick to stay....and bring US Back...
Happy 2007...

That's funny because Dave's record in Miami blows LiL Nicky's away. Especially the first two seasons.

Back
Top Bottom