Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x) | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x)

Will Saban take the offer from Alabama??

• Yes, the pressures of the NFL/ lure of a huge contract is too much to pass up

Votes: 136 49.8%
  • No. Saban will honor his contract with Miami and see this through one way or the other

Votes: 137 50.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They showed the clip again during halftime of the Miami game, and he looked pissed off. I cant wait for this **** to be done with.

He told them 3 times he wasnt going. Then he gave them the perfect wording they had been begging for. Then they asked again and he said he wasnt going to address those questions because he's answered that question too many times now. He's just quoting his words last week.

Saban ain't gonna be the Alabama coach folks. I would be shocked along with Wayne Huizenga if he did. I seriously doubt that he would leave purely for the money. I think Saban just wants the bigger challenge you get at the NFL level. He wanted to play with the "big boys" in the NFL like his buddy Belichick. He's already "been there and done that" at the college level. He's already had a taste of bigtime success as a college coach when he won the National Championship in 2003 at LSU.

Saban's probably plenty rich already ... maybe what $50 million in net worth? What's a few more million put on the pile? Wayne Huizenga might restructure Saban's contract to get it closer to Alabama's offer anyway.

If not, I don't think Saban is the kind of guy who wants to go around buying huge yachts to impress his friends. Heck, I bet Wayne would let him borrow his monster sized yacht for a party or something if he wanted to. THAT would be an impressive perk of the job to impress his friends with. Being one of the richest NFL owners, Wayne has one of the biggest yachts in the world I hear. http://www.golfdigest.com/features/index.ssf?/features/gd200411kindred.html

He already said that he isn't going and is tired of having to answer the same question that he has already answered more then once.

Poll: Will Saban go?

Just curious about a consensus of what the majority THINKS. This is purely speculative. Will Saban take the offer from Alabama?

2 Yrs is NOT enough Time....

To clean UP and OUT of the MESS Dave did to our Team....
I vote for Nick to stay....and bring US Back...
Happy 2007...

We will more then likely find out if he goes tomorrow or Tuesday.

I think he leaves, no way he wants to go into re-building mode. Go to a major college > re-build a struggling nfl team.

Well, taking the emotion out of the equation, it all comes down to business sense and the bottom line. If I was working at a job I liked doing, and all of a sudden was offered a whole lot more $$$ elsewhere, pretty much doing an identical job, I would take it.

If Saban does take the Alabama job, more power to him. As a Dolphins fan, I'll be pretty disappointed, but I certainly understand and appreciate the business side of the sport.

At any rate, I hope Saban stays with the Dolphins, and continues on his rebuilding plan!

I really don't think he leaves, but I want him to leave IF (and only if) he isn't 100% on board with doing what he has to do to take this team to glory. If he pines for college ball, he just needs to go and let us move on.

If he does leave, Wayne needs to hire a strong GM type and let him hire the next coach, perferrably an offensive minded head coach.

Back
Top Bottom