Saints in Primetime games | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saints in Primetime games

nosaints

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If you detect a bit of confidence in Saints fans, this is why

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-orleans...port-prime-time-players?ex_cid=espnapi_public
Over the past five years, the New Orleans Saints have never been more dangerous than when they’re playing at home in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in prime time. And that’s right where they’ll be when they host the Miami Dolphins on "Monday Night Football."

The Saints have won 10 consecutive night games inside the Superdome, including the playoffs, and 13 of their past 14 dating back to 2008. Here’s the rundown:

Monday, Nov. 5, 2012 – Saints 28, Philadelphia Eagles 13
Sunday, Oct. 7, 2012 – Saints 31, San Diego Chargers 24
(playoffs) Saturday, Jan. 7, 2012 – Saints 45, Detroit Lions 28
Monday, Dec. 26, 2011 – Saints 45, Atlanta Falcons 16
Sunday, Dec. 4, 2011 – Saints 31, Detroit Lions 17
Monday, Nov. 28, 2011 – Saints 49, New York Giants 24
Sunday, Oct. 23, 2011 – Saints 62, Indianapolis Colts 7
Sunday, Oct. 31, 2010 – Saints 20, Pittsburgh Steelers 10
Thursday, Sept. 9, 2010 – Saints 14, Minnesota Vikings 9
(NFC championship game) Sunday, Jan. 24, 2010 – Saints 31, Minnesota Vikings 28, OT
Saturday, Dec. 19, 2009 – Dallas Cowboys 24, Saints 17
Monday, Nov. 30, 2009 – Saints 38, New England Patriots 17
Monday, Nov. 2, 2009 – Saints 35, Atlanta Falcons 27
Monday, Nov. 24, 2008 – Saints 51, Green Bay Packers 29

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-orleans-saints/post/_/id/472/saints-morning-report-mr-monday-night?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Brees is at his best in the biggest games. (playoffs, primetime)

According to ESPN Stats & Information, the Saints have the NFL’s longest active winning streak on "Monday Night Football," with eight straight wins dating back to 2008.

Drew Brees has been the Saints' starting quarterback in all eight of those games, giving him the fourth longest winning streak in MNF history. His numbers in those games are astounding: 308.4 yards per game, 24 touchdowns, five interceptions and a completion percentage of 71.1.

You know what I think, none of these past statistics have any impact on the game on Monday night. I will refer to the statistic brought up by the announcers on Fox heading against the Falcons last Sunday. The statistic was that the Falcons were 43-1 when they were ahead entering the 4th quarter in the Mike Smith era. Guess what, they are now 43-2! Statistics are irrelevant when it comes to a future match up, both teams have a chance to win the game. As the saying goes, "Any Given Sunday", or in this case "Any Given Monday".

The dolphins have been ended 3 impressive streaks these first few weeks...what's one more? :d-day:

We are the streak busters.The colts had a 10-1 record at home and we beat them,the falcons were 43-1 when leading and we beat them.

Bring on the aints

Just don't be shocked when Brees goes off for like 350 yds 5 TD

you guys have a good team. but it's the wrong place at the wrong time.

You know what I think, none of these past statistics have any impact on the game on Monday night. I will refer to the statistic brought up by the announcers on Fox heading against the Falcons last Sunday. The statistic was that the Falcons were 43-1 when they were ahead entering the 4th quarter in the Mike Smith era. Guess what, they are now 43-2! Statistics are irrelevant when it comes to a future match up, both teams have a chance to win the game. As the saying goes, "Any Given Sunday", or in this case "Any Given Monday".

The game was tied entering the 4th quarter.

On topic, someone is going to expose that Saints defense for the mediocre at best pile that it is. Hope it's us.

The game was tied entering the 4th quarter.

On topic, someone is going to expose that Saints defense for the mediocre at best pile that it is. Hope it's us.

mediocre at best? lol

I guess the Dolphins suck because this guy is living in 2012

Just don't be shocked when Brees goes off for like 350 yds 5 TD

you guys have a good team. but it's the wrong place at the wrong time.

The falcons fans and the colts fans also thought theyd beat us.Brees is no manning...you will see what tannehill is capable of.How many times did brent grimes pick off brees?I am sure he will avoid grimes lol

Your parents were at the wrong place, and wrong time.

nice

Brees is no manning...

I'd love to see another Brees vs Manning superbowl. win #2

btw, why am I seeing so many Brees - Manning comparisons around here?? you would think this was a Denver fan forum

The falcons fans and the colts fans also thought theyd beat us.you will see what tannehill is capable of.How many times did brent grimes pick off brees?I am sure he will avoid grimes lol

I would like Brees to avoid that little bastard for sure. I think he has like 2 picks in 5 games

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom