Saints in Primetime games | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saints in Primetime games

I know the Saints are a good team these days but man to see the audacity their fanbase has now is kinda ridiculous.The fans for the Saints seem to come in here with no knowledge whatsoever of this years Dolphins and throw all these Saints stats out like we should be afraid as fans... Man is it Monday yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh. Sheeyat! Could be a long game :(

Just don't be shocked when Brees goes off for like 350 yds 5 TD

you guys have a good team. but it's the wrong place at the wrong time.

Man who prejudges baths in empty tub

Thought I'd bring some reasoning to this discussion. The list and teams look impressive but if you really break it down it's not as good as it seems as about 50% of the games were against non quality teams or teams playing very poorly at the time.

2012 Eagles - finished 4-12 (not a quality win)
2012 Chargers - finished 7-9 (not a quality win)
2011 Lions - wildcard round of playoffs (quality win although 2nd time playing them at home this year)
2011 Falcons - playoff team (quality win)
2011 Giants - Giants were in the mist of the 3rd of a 4 game losing streak and playing like crap, some thinking Coughlin would loose his job (not a quality win)
2011 Colts - finished 2-14 without Manning (non quality win)
2011 Lions - playoff team (quality win)
2010 Steelers - playoff team (quality win)
2010 Vikings - finished 6-10 (not a quality win)
2009 Vikings - NFC Championship (quality win although most say the refs blew a 3rd down roughing the passer call when Favre was high lowed, brady rule, without the ball in his hand, 15 more yards would have made a big difference in the game and probably not sent it into overtime which the Saints won in)
2009 Cowboys - Playoff team (quality win)
2009 Patriots - Playoff Team (quality win)
2009 Falcons - 9-7 (not a quality win vs a lesser talented Falcons team)
2008 Packers - Finished 6-10 (not a quality win)

Series records : Miami Dolphins(H) is 6-4 against New Orleans Saints(A)

ALL GAMES:
H 2009/10/25 Miami Dolphins 34 - New Orleans Saints 46 L
A 2005/10/30 Miami Dolphins 21 - New Orleans Saints 6 W
H 1998/11/29 Miami Dolphins 30 - New Orleans Saints 10 W
A 1995/10/15 Miami Dolphins 30 - New Orleans Saints 33 L
A 1992/11/29 Miami Dolphins 13 - New Orleans Saints 24 L
A 1986/12/07 Miami Dolphins 31 - New Orleans Saints 27 W
A 1983/10/02 Miami Dolphins 7 - New Orleans Saints 17 L
H 1980/09/28 Miami Dolphins 21 - New Orleans Saints 16 W
A 1974/11/10 Miami Dolphins 21 - New Orleans Saints 0 W
H 1970/11/15 Miami Dolphins 21 - New Orleans Saints 10 W

http://mcubed.net/nfl/mia/no.shtml

There is no question that Payton, Brees & Co. are going to put up a very strong offense. With a Ryan coaching their defense, you know they'll have all the insight on us they want. Their record at home is great and in prime time is impeccable. I'd say the best thing we have going for us is that nobody is giving us a chance. We're the underdogs. Maybe a twinge of overconfidence early and panic late is just the recipe to knocking them off that perch. ;)

Just don't be shocked when Brees goes off for like 350 yds 5 TD 2 INTs

you guys have a good team. but it's the wrong place at the wrong time.

I won't be upset when Tennehill goes 400 yrds for 5 TDs 0 INTS...also I added an extra stat you missed.

The Saints got their asses handed to them on 2 prime time games last year. I guess those didn't count though.

you can count those if you want. just remember that we were without our head coach and best offensive mind in football, best defensive coach, and offensive line coach

you can count those if you want. just remember that we were without our head coach and best offensive mind in football, best defensive coach, and offensive line coach

:err:

Well prior to last year we were without our current QB and a HC, OC, and DC too.....so you cant count anything the Dolphins did prior to last year

Were 3-0 and been doing well so far but This is the game i have the dolphins losing, the saints in primetime at home will be just too much..hopefully we keep it close and leave injury free.

Well, thank you so much for your permission.

Whoah. Hang on...the Saints lost to the CHIEFS last year in week 3? YOU were one of their two wins? IN YOUR HOUSE?

Back
Top Bottom