Salguero: Tannehill continues to outplay Moore, likely to start against Carolina | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero: Tannehill continues to outplay Moore, likely to start against Carolina

arguably nothing is more needed on this team than moore or tannehill getting as many reps with the 1st team as is possible. so if i'm splitting them then i'm leaning towards and/or hoping i can give them all to tannehill very soon. otherwise it makes no sense.

Im not so sure that the players have been around Moore so long that they see him as this fabulous leader or a superior leader to Garrard.

Pure conjecture.

Zac Taylor pretty much attested how much the players respect Matt Moore and his leadership ..... so did Philbin. Some of you just want to strip him of cred anywhere possible. I don't get it.

Pure conjecture.

Zac Taylor pretty much attested how much the players respect Matt Moore and his leadership ..... so did Philbin. Some of you just want to strip him of cred anywhere possible. I don't get it.

Who's Zac Taylor?

inb4 next preseason game where Tannehill does average or below average while everyone expects him to be outstanding and everyone makes threads about how Tannehill sucks.

^^This is what i'm waiting for. Most Miami Dolphins fans are bipolar. If RT comes in and looks bad, watch and see the bandwagoneers will start jumping ship just as fast as they jumped on. We'll start hearing that RT is a bust :lol:

We're talking about the 1st game of preseason. They played 1 game and i've seen so many 'cut this player' threads I think i'm going to be sick.

RT will be just fine. We need cool heads to prevail and understand that RT is still not ahead of Matt Moore because he makes a lot of rookie errors. The coach's see that and go with the veteran until RT can get those mistakes under control, pretty simple.

Pure conjecture.

Also, watch how the O-line reacts to Odrick hitting Matt in practice on Hardknocks. Something along the lines of "That's out starting Quarterback! Don't ****ing touch him you idiot!" :ponder:

Pure conjecture.

WASNT STRIPPING HIM OF ANYTHING BUT WE DONT REALLY KNOW HOW ALL THE PLAYERS FEEL HELL MANY HAVE SAID GREAT THINGS ABOUT jOHNSON WHEN CAMERAS ARE ON

RT will be just fine. We need cool heads to prevail and understand that RT is still not ahead of Matt Moore because he makes a lot of rookie errors. The coach's see that and go with the veteran until RT can get those mistakes under control, pretty simple.

this

I don't put much credence into anything Armando says. I think he writes to satisfy his own ego for the most part.

armando is a SCRUB. unless Omar or one of the other guys says it i dont buy it.

RT should start because he did earn that against tamp, and in the scrimmage. if he is spliting time with the 1 now, then why not put him in against the 1s of carolina? its preseason, if he struggles then its obviouse he still needs work to do, if he succeeds, then the coaches now have video to watch and compare both players to determine the starter for game #3...i dont like to idea of rushing RT, but if he give this team the best chance to win, then winnning is more important. He was the 1 round pick for a reason right? I mean look at what luck did his first game.

For whatever it's worth, until Andrew Luck put on his "how to be good at football" clinic yesterday, Ryan Tannehill had the highest passer rating of any quarterback in preseason.

He's now outperformed his QB competition in two consecutive game-like situations. He clearly outperformed everyone during the scrimmage last week and he clearly outperformed everyone during the preseason this week. I'm sure some people will focus on the fact he did it on and against 2nd stringers, but Matt Moore also had his turn with the 2nd stringers this week against the Bucs and he went 1 for 3 for 21 yards and an INT. That 21 yard gain was just a simple slant that should have gained 10 yards, but Roberto Wallace used his physical superiority to bust a tackle and break open a nice 21 yard gain...one of the things I find most intriguing about him.

It's time for Ryan to get bumped up in the rotation. If they're not ready to have him outright get the reps with the 1's in next week's preseason game, then they ought to at least have he and Moore rotate series until the Panthers take their 1's off the field.

Back
Top Bottom