Sammy Morris our #1 RB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sammy Morris our #1 RB

Dolfan73

Finally Back Home
Reaction score
Don't know how true this is but i was watching the 6 O'clock news out of w. palm beach florida and there was a blurb about Sammy very possibly being our #1 back. Anyone else heard this yet?

Channel 12 here is usually pretty reliable but I'll watch the late news and make sure I heard right.

this sounds about right to me. Sounds like he could come alive this year so far. He has experience.

I also saw some footage on CH 7 of Fred Russell and man did he look good. I dont think he will start b/c of his height but he will be a factor this season eother in relief running or in returns.

from what i hear from ****ty bills fans is that morris was a pretty darn good rb.

Larry Johnson......????

Forgive me if this has already been stated, but according to CBS Sportsline Rumor Mill, we are looking at the Chiefs Larry Johnson...?

Rumor MillDolphins may have an interest in Chiefs running back Larry Johnson. Coach Dave Wannstedt mentioned Johnson to reporters on Wednesday. He is a backup to Priest Holmes, arguably the best running back in the league. ... The 'Phins tried out Stacey Mack and Terry Kirby on Wednesday, according to the Post. ... The Miami Herald reports that no progress toward a new deal has been made between Adewale Ogunleye and the Dolphins, according to agent Drew Rosenhaus.

girthvader44 said:
Forgive me if this has already been stated, but according to CBS Sportsline Rumor Mill, we are looking at the Chiefs Larry Johnson...?

Rumor MillDolphins may have an interest in Chiefs running back Larry Johnson. Coach Dave Wannstedt mentioned Johnson to reporters on Wednesday. He is a backup to Priest Holmes, arguably the best running back in the league. ... The 'Phins tried out Stacey Mack and Terry Kirby on Wednesday, according to the Post. ... The Miami Herald reports that no progress toward a new deal has been made between Adewale Ogunleye and the Dolphins, according to agent Drew Rosenhaus.
i really like this guy dave lets do what we have to johnson is a baller

I don't think the rumor is true... it's either Travis or we trade for another back.

I like the idea of Johnson, but he will cost a lot. I heard the reason they picked Johnson so early was because Priest Holmes was contemplating retirement (cause his hips were ****ty)...

I suspect the key word is 'possibly'. Morris has looked good in spots though, but I think we should let TC go a little longer before replacing Travis as the number one. Then again, in other threads people are already replacing the coach, so what do I know?

I think either way, Sammy and Travis should be a nice combination. I think I'll sign O-Gun and stand pat. :)

They wont give Johnson for any less the O-Gun and probablly a pick.

Stand pat, let Morris(who in the short TC so far has looked good) Minor,Henry,Konrad,Russel and a FA or Works if he makes it have a shot. Unless were getting a proven RB, no O-Gun deals please.

I wouldn't trade for Johnson. He's a bust that doesn't know how to run against good defenses. In the NFL you don't Akron or Michigan State's D & rack up 250 yards.

Back
Top Bottom