Sammy Morris our #1 RB | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sammy Morris our #1 RB

I think that the Dolphins are much more concerned about upgrading the o-line than trading for a RB.

Sammy Morris is hell for defenses. He always flew under the radar for us because our caoching staff was stupid (should have used him at FB and as a pass-catcher more) and Henry was the starter. He picks up blitzes beautifully and is very tough to bring down. He doesn't have home-run speed but he built like a truck and will not go down easy. It usually takes a gang tackle. Also, he was a QB in HS so he can be used on trick plays.

Sammy Morris starting wouldn't surprise me at all. He's a powerful runner, has deceptive speed, and was said to have had the best hands on our team.

He had a great rookie year for the amount of carries and playing time he got and I honestly thought he was gonna beat out Travis Henry for the starting spot in 2001.

He's an underrated football player, and a great person. Great character, hard worker and a real team player.

He definitely wasn't used enough or not used properly by Greg Williams and his staff, but he did have quite a few injuries that kept him out of games.

I really wish he hadn't signed with the fins. I was hoping he'd get a chance to play more somewhere else and do well.

not to mention he was our special teams captain

and he always converted those crucial first downs. He has incredible vision too and always seems to know where to go.

Ed (Bills) said:
I was hoping he'd get a chance to play more somewhere else and do well.

He might. He just might. :evil:

Ed (Bills) said:
Sammy Morris starting wouldn't surprise me at all. He's a powerful runner, has deceptive speed, and was said to have had the best hands on our team.

He had a great rookie year for the amount of carries and playing time he got and I honestly thought he was gonna beat out Travis Henry for the starting spot in 2001.

He's an underrated football player, and a great person. Great character, hard worker and a real team player.

He definitely wasn't used enough or not used properly by Greg Williams and his staff, but he did have quite a few injuries that kept him out of games.

I really wish he hadn't signed with the fins. I was hoping he'd get a chance to play more somewhere else and do well.
thanx for the input :D

As soon as Williams retired I knew that Morris' name would come up.

He started for the Bills a few years back when they were 3-13. At 6', 220, he is very solid, and is great with his hands.

I predict that he will be your number one guy by (the latest) week 4. Minor isn't big enough to handle the load, Morris is.

Your only concern is injury. He has been plagued by them over the years, and his rookie season was cut short because of injuries.

He could be your diamond in the rough. If I were Wanny, I would run him with the first team all summer and see if he is the man!

He has the potential, for sure

TRUDOLFAN54 said:
from what i hear from cool bills fans is that morris was a pretty darn good rb.

He's never really had a true chance at starting. You never know. He's a solid receiver out of the backfield, seems to have good running skills, but is below average in picking up the blitz (something I'm sure Miami will see plenty of this year)

Lots of sacks = Morris can't pick up blitzes?

Flawed logic. Morris wasn't on the field much and how do you block 3 guys at once anyway? He is a great blocker.

u guys should trade the rights to ricky"rasta" williams to the raiders for their #1 and then trade that to kc for johnson. then tell ogunlye to kiss ur a$$ because he appears to be intent on going elsewhere.

reminds me of antoine winfield last year

I say we wait and see how these guys perform in the preseason before making any moves for another back....then go hard after Edge next year.

billsouth said:
u guys should trade the rights to ricky"rasta" williams to the raiders for their #1 and then trade that to kc for johnson.

Your nuts, that #1 one pick would be much more valuable used in the draft. Johnson isn't worth that, I don't care when he was drafted. That pick should be used for Darren Sproles.

Back
Top Bottom