Sammy Morris our #1 RB | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sammy Morris our #1 RB

just cant understand why nobody wants to give minor a shot....is he that bad of a back??hes been with the team for 4 yrs he definitely has experience....hes faster than ricky...hes about the same size as marshall faulk.....hes quick.....why wouldnt we give him some time to prove what he can do?

Check Out www.fhtm.ws/todd

Does any1 have the stats for when he started for the bills that one year. Either he started or got alot of carries

we aren't going to get johnson from the chiefs... wannstedt named 30 guys we'd look at.... for some reason that reporter chose to highlight johnson. Johnson actually commented that he'd like to come to the fins, but good 'ol teary-eyed coach said it ain't gonna happen. Especially with Priest having second thoughts about playing just like Ricky did.

I don't think we should have anyone as our "#1 back".... i still like the running back by committee idea, so teams can't really prep well for us. play a different back each week or whatever.

-tex

uh LJ is not even the chiefs #2 RB, blaylock is. but thats beside the point, LJ sucks and i bope we dont bring him here

You guys over-rate Johnson. Rumor has it he was nearly cut at the end of last season, and the Chiefs hate his attitude. He's on a one way street to BUST.

Of course Sammy Morris is your best back. Shows the lack of football knowledge on this board. I was sick of all the "Minor's gonna be better than Ricky" threads.

xiidaen said:
I suspect the key word is 'possibly'. Morris has looked good in spots though, but I think we should let TC go a little longer before replacing Travis as the number one. Then again, in other threads people are already replacing the coach, so what do I know?

I think either way, Sammy and Travis should be a nice combination. I think I'll sign O-Gun and stand pat. :)
Yes I agree.Its not a good idea to trade from a perceived position of weakness.Glad to hear some of our backups are showing promise.Maybe a running game by committee is not such a bad idea until someone establishes himself as the starter.

I think the coaching staff will give these guys a look during the early days of camp and then decide if they need any reinforcements.

Larry causing problems in the lockerroom?? Surely you jest.. He certainly never pulled that crap at Penn State :shakeno:

Larry Johnson is not the answer. The guy was only solid at PSU before his breakout season, and most of that damage was against some bums. Besides that, ESPN said Holmes was entertaining retirement thoughts, so they are definitely gonna see what Johnson can do. I like Minor, and I think he will turn heads, but I'll give 5 guys I wouldn't mind trading for:

1. Deshawn Foster
2. Najeh Davenport
3. Michael Bennett
4. Edgerrin James
5. Steven Jackson ( I know he just signed a contract, but he is gonna be nice)

Back
Top Bottom