San Antonio Spurs 08-09' X's 5 Redemption Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

San Antonio Spurs 08-09' X's 5 Redemption Thread

dreday

future of the funk
Reaction score
13 days left before the season starts fellas...Everybody still excited about the Fins and football,but don't forget the NBA is about to get into full swing :woot:

Be nice to see the Spurs rebound and get numeral 5!

Go Spurs Go!!

2iue0wg-1.jpg

Why even make this thread its a waste of space. Go Lakers

:lol: What up dre. That time of the year again.

I imagine the Spurs will look good in the regular season, and then knocked out of the playoffs by teh Lakers in 5.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of either team, but it seems like it happens every year.

hopefully Manu missing a some time won't hurt to much

Go Spurs Go

hopefully Manu missing a some time won't hurt to much

Go Spurs Go

Just means Udoka and Roger Mason will get more PT,as well as some of Pops famous rotations.

Hopefully that'll be sufficient enough until Gino gets back.

Spurs (0-0)

160epw1-1.jpg

VS

Suns (0-0)

2u54c4g-1.jpg

Tomorrow is opening day...Lets start this thing off right and smash the Suns! :woot:It will be good to see where we are especially since Manu won't be playing.Interesting too will be to see how the Suns will start considering they have a new coach and new parts as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVGRvkMK7ik

j9yrs8-1.jpg

Preview: Suns Vs. Spurs

http://www.nba.com/games/20081029/PHXSAS/preview.html

2007-08 Stats at a Glance

The days of seven seconds and shoot have set on the Phoenix Suns.

But after last season's first-round playoff exit to Wednesday night's season-opening opponent - the San Antonio Spurs - a change in philosophy might be the best thing for them.

With Mike D'Antoni taking his up-tempo pace to the New York Knicks, Suns president of basketball operations and general manager Steve Kerr selected former Spurs teammate Terry Porter as the Suns' new bench boss.

"Obviously, there will be differences and there will be nuances,'' Kerr said. "But the key for us was having somebody who would be balanced on both sides of the ball, who wanted to continue to push the ball and maintain our up-tempo style but could also help us come in and improve defensively."

Phoenix was third in the NBA with 110.1 points per game last season, but allowed 105.0 - 25th in the league. Porter spent the past two seasons as a lead assistant in Detroit, and the Pistons led the league in scoring defense at 90.1 points per game in 2007-08.

"I will be hands-on when it comes to the defense,'' said Porter, who coached the Milwaukee Bucks from 2003-05. "When you talk about defense, there's got to be a desire there, and there's got to be a lot of repetition.''

It will take that if the Suns hope to compete in the loaded Western Conference.

"I think it is a championship-caliber team,'' Porter said during his press conference in June. "I think they have some pieces in place that have obviously competed at that level over the last four years.''

Since the Dolphins are actually competitive, I'll hold off on giving a damn about what the Spurs do.

0-1 :beer1:

I know its only been one game but this Roger Mason kid impresses me.The Spurs didnt look bad in that game with Phoenix.

I think once the new parts gel and Manu returns the team will be super-solid again.

I know its only been one game but this Roger Mason kid impresses me.The Spurs didnt look bad in that game with Phoenix.

I think once the new parts gel and Manu returns the team will be super-solid again.

Mason has done a really good job to make himself into a player. In Toronto he was a defensive guy, but not much else, and he added a lot to his game in Washington. He should be a huge part of the Spurs bench

Back
Top Bottom