San Antonio Spurs 08-09' X's 5 Redemption Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

San Antonio Spurs 08-09' X's 5 Redemption Thread

Finally looked like a real Spurs game last night....Maybe the answer is benching Bowen and trying a new rotation.At least for now.

Tonights Game....

Spurs 2-4

2q35182-1.jpg

vs.

Bucks 3-5

wiec8-1.jpg

http://www.nba.com/games/20081112/SASMIL/preview.html

The Milwaukee Bucks are looking for a way to win without their injured superstar.

The San Antonio Spurs just found a victory with one of their top players sidelined.

While Milwaukee would like to have Michael Redd back in uniform on Wednesday night when it hosts the Spurs, San Antonio knows that Tony Parker will be in street clothes for about a month.

In their first game since Parker sprained his left ankle in Friday's 99-83 loss to Miami, the Spurs (2-4) used an 11-0 run to open the fourth quarter to defeat New York 92-80 on Tuesday.

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich went with a makeshift lineup as rookie George Hill scored a season-high 12 points in Parker's point guard role, and Ime Udoka started at the small forward position for Bruce Bowen. It was the first time in 556 games with the Spurs that Bowen had been active but came off the bench.

"Coach says this is the way it is and that's that," Bowen said. "Coaches have a reason for doing those things. It's important for you to have trust in those things that they're trying to get accomplished. I'm happy. I enjoy playing the game. If Pop would let me, I would play 48 minutes."

Udoka missed his first eight shots and finished with five points and six rebounds, and Bowen went 3-of-3 from 3-point range and scored 13 in 28 minutes.

Spurs actually do have some younger fresher legs in Roger Mason and George Hill in the starting lineups and we know why.The reason I mention this,is the Spurs are on the second night of a back to back.And on the road.

Lets hope last night was not a fluke and the young guys gain some good experience and provide some good energy that they will need.Hopefully Tolliver and the rest of the fellas start shooting better as they get more PT.Need those points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tomorrow Nights Game...

Spurs 3-5

2z7pheh-1.jpg

vs.

Kings 4-6

5zf6lz-1.jpg

Silver Dancer Bootcamp & Practice

Preview:

Lets Get To .500!

While the San Antonio Spurs pulled out a last-second win at home on Friday night, the Sacramento Kings couldn’t.

The Spurs will try to continue their recent dominance at Arco Arena over the Sacramento Kings as the teams meet for the first time this season on Sunday night.

San Antonio, which has won eight of its last 11 in Sacramento (4-6) since December 2002, comes in following a dramatic 77-75 victory on Friday over Houston in which Tim Duncan made a game-saving block on Aaron Brooks in the final second.

“What can you say about Tim Duncan that hasn’t already been said,” said Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, whose team scored the game’s final 12 points. “He provides the leadership on this team. He is the center of the program.”

With Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili sidelined by ankle injuries, Duncan has to be. In three games since Parker went down, the Spurs are 2-1, and Duncan is averaging 23.0 points, 6.3 rebounds and 2.0 blocks - perhaps none bigger than his only block against the Rockets.

“I was just the last line of defense,” said Duncan, who scored 22 points. “I mean there was kind of nothing else to do there. I see him break free and come out wide open. I’m the help-side defender and I got there just in time.”

:wink: Figured out how to get past the Queens too :up:

Nice to see the Fins and Spurs represent on the same day!

21kdlk5-1.jpg

Spurs-Clippers Preview

Spurs 4-5

27zdvzc-1.jpg

vs.

Clippers 1-8

2zqu0rt-1.jpg

http://www.nba.com/games/20081117/SASLAC/preview.html
Going into the weekend, it looked like the short-handed San Antonio Spurs were going to have trouble staying afloat as their two star guards recover from ankle injuries.

Instead, they've won back-to-back games for the first time this season, and they'll have a good chance to make it three straight on Monday when they visit the lowly Los Angeles Clippers.

With their offense ailing along with banged-up veterans Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker, the Spurs were scuffling at 2-5 - despite a relatively soft schedule - entering Friday night's game against Houston.

But San Antonio turned in a strong defensive effort in a 77-75 win over the Rockets, then followed that up with a 90-88 road victory over Sacramento on Sunday, when they allowed just 16 points in the final period.

"We did a real good defensive job in the fourth quarter, and for us that's necessary," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "We're not exactly a juggernaut on offense. We gave up 88 points, that's about as much as we can allow and still win."

Be nice to get to .500.The schedule is favorable to stay at or above that while Tony and Manu are out.Get it done!! :woot:

Tonights Preview

Nuggets 6-4

qrdfye-1.jpg

vs.

Spurs 5-5

2w3zudh-1.jpg

http://www.nba.com/games/20081119/DENSAS/preview.html

After a slow start which was further marred by injuries, the San Antonio Spurs have a chance to move above .500 for the first time this season.

Unfortunately, the Denver Nuggets have been playing even better than they have recently.

The Spurs look to continue their home dominance over the surging Nuggets when the teams meet Wednesday for the first time this season.

With the starting backcourt of Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili sidelined with injuries, it's not a big surprise that San Antonio (5-5) has started slowly this season. The Spurs, however, have played much better recently, winning three straight and four of five.

Improved defense has been the biggest catalyst in the turnaround.

The Spurs allowed 105.0 points during a 1-4 stretch to start the season, but have since limited opponents to 81.6 during the last five games.

On Monday, San Antonio beat the Clippers 86-83 as Roger Mason scored 21 points, hitting a 3-pointer with 8.4 seconds remaining. Tim Duncan had 20 points, 15 rebounds and a season-high six blocked shots.

Tonights Game....

Jazz 8-4

6ojw49-1.jpg

vs.

Spurs 5-6

262o0pe-1.jpg

http://www.nba.com/games/20081121/UTASAS/preview.html

Injuries to key players continue to plague the Utah Jazz and the San Antonio Spurs.

If the Jazz keep dealing with poor health better than the Spurs have, they could be headed for their first win in San Antonio this decade when the teams meet Friday night.

Including three games there in the 2007 Western Conference finals, Utah (8-4) has lost 21 in a row at San Antonio (5-6) since Feb. 28, 1999. During that skid, the Jazz have not scored more than 100 points and only two of the games were decided by fewer than six points - the Spurs' average margin of victory has been 15.3.

San Antonio is 2-4 at home this season - the team was 34-7 in 2007-08 - and its overall record is under .500 this late in a season for the first time since being 6-8 in 1999.

The poor start could be blamed on injuries to All-Stars Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili, two of their top three scorers from last season. Parker hasn't played in two weeks due to a sprained ankle and is not expected to return until next month, as is the case for Ginobili, who's recovering from offseason ankle surgery.

Back
Top Bottom