San Antonio Spurs Run To The Title..Go Spurs Go | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

San Antonio Spurs Run To The Title..Go Spurs Go

Dre3000 said:
It was actually I who invited Spurs fans,but I wont take it personal.:lol: Anyways yeah I see us getting off too a hot start.We usually handle the Cavs well and the Mavs have some changes that theyll need time to gel with.

:tongue: Well my bad kind sir

A few more notes on last nights victory....

DALLAS  For a few moments, Thursday night felt like all those evenings in May. Jason Terry and Tony Parker traded jump shots. Dirk Nowitzki threw in a 3-pointer. Tim Duncan snatched away a rebound then ducked inside for a layup.

The Spurs and Dallas Mavericks slugged it out as the din of 20,416 fans filled American Airlines Center. Someone even cursed Bruce Bowen for old times' sake.

But in the end, after the Spurs walked off with a 97-91 victory, Thursday night wasn't about last season. Or righting a wrong. For the Spurs, it only meant they were starting over.

"We all believe we had a great opportunity last year," Manu Ginobili said. "But it's gone. We can't do anything about it. We just have to try to forget and learn from our mistakes.

"Probably the only thing that's going to make us forget is to have a great season."

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA110306.01D.BKNspurs.mavs.gamer.30a3fc2.html

The victory was sweet.I def think Elson should start.Omberto hasnt proven anything as a starter.He played ok,but with Elson I see another twin towers.Lets get this one tonight too.Go Spurs!!

Rocky Raccoon said:
looks like you can chock up 2 Spurs losses for December 26th and March 15th Dre :wink:
I dont know how.Neither of those games is a back to back.That seems to be the only thing that paralyzed us in the reg season last year.As long as we control the boards(Which I think w'ell do), and let Michael Redd keep shooting jumpers w'ell be ok.Gonna be tuff for teams to penetrate that middle this year.

Not scared of anybody on your team as a scoring threat besides Michael Redd.If he scores 40, the rest of the team will suffer Rock.Good job beating Detroit at home,but you know and I know they are not the same team that won the championship a few years back.:wink:

I can't wait for the Magic and Spurs matchup this year to see the two best centers in the NBA go at it.

That's right, the NBA's two best centers. Tim Duncan and Dwight Howard.

DolphinDevil28 said:
I can't wait for the Magic and Spurs matchup this year to see the two best centers in the NBA go at it.

That's right, the NBA's two best centers. Tim Duncan and Dwight Howard.

Duncan isnt our center...hes our power forward.Id like to see our new prospect Elson and Howard go at it tho.Dwight Howard is special, perhaps the next NBA star.

Dre3000 said:
Duncan isnt our center...hes our power forward.Id like to see our new prospect Elson and Howard go at it tho.Dwight Howard is special, perhaps the next NBA star.

Not to argue with you about your own team...

But Greg Popavich is moving the Spurs to more of a running team to compete with Dallas and Phoenix.

He got rid of the slow Rasho Nesterovic and Nazr Muhammad, and even though Duncan is listed as a PF, he really is the Spurs center. He plays in the paint and is the leading rebounder.

You can bet your butt that when the Spurs play the Magic Duncan will be on Dwight Howard.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Not to argue with you about your own team...

But Greg Popavich is moving the Spurs to more of a running team to compete with Dallas and Phoenix.

He got rid of the slow Rasho Nesterovic and Nazr Muhammad, and even though Duncan is listed as a PF, he really is the Spurs center. He plays in the paint and is the leading rebounder.

You can bet your butt that when the Spurs play the Magic Duncan will be on Dwight Howard.
True..Really dont have a true center, and Ill bet you a hundred dollars youll see alot of Elson on Howard too.Elson watch out for him.He did a good job on Dirk.I hope he shines this year.

Dre3000 said:
True..Really dont have a true center, and Ill bet you a hundred dollars youll see alot of Elson on Howard too.Elson watch out for him.He did a good job on Dirk.I hope he shines this year.

I was flipping back and forth between the Spurs game and the Louisville/WV game.

I saw Elson and asked myself, "Where'd this guy come from?" He did look very long and athletic.

DolphinDevil28 said:
I was flipping back and forth between the Spurs game and the Louisville/WV game.

I saw Elson and asked myself, "Where'd this guy come from?" He did look very long and athletic.
We have Denver to thank for him.They even told us that he was all we would need to beat the Mavs.Hell thats even what SPURS fans are saying."Where did this guy come from?"

Spurs go for 17th straight home win over Cavaliers

Cleveland (1-0) at San Antonio (1-0) 8:00 pm EST

SAN ANTONIO (Ticker) - The San Antonio Spurs seek their 17th straight home win over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Friday.

The Spurs have not lost at home to the Cavaliers since December 8, 1988. They have no plans of making November 3, 2006 a significant date for the Cavaliers franchise, but do for their own.

Another home-opening win for San Antonio would draw it even with Phoenix and Minnesota at 10 straight, marking the third-longest streak in league history.

Should be a good one.I wanna see how well the addition of Elson helps us in the paint.Should limit their layups a drives to the basket.The frontline gets to put on a show tonight.

Ah well..Cleveland finally got one in SA.They came in with a good gameplan.They played good d and didnt really turn it over in the first half.The Spurs cant wait til theres 5 minutes left to show a sense of urgency.I guess we wont go 82-0 afterall.

Off to Toronto....Need to play with more fire.Im sure Pop is going to get on these guys.2-1 after Sunday.Book it!!

Back
Top Bottom