San Antonio Spurs Run To The Title..Go Spurs Go | Page 45 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

San Antonio Spurs Run To The Title..Go Spurs Go

Funny how many Spurs fans outside of SA there are over the past few years. I grew up watching basketball with my Dad, so I'm a Piston's fan first (he was originally born in Detroit). But I've lived the majority of my life in San Antonio (since 4th grade and lost 6 years in Dallas and moved back here 2 years ago). Anyway, it's just funny that the Spurs fans outside the city have grown considerably over the years. Anyway, I support the Spurs as much as I can, until the face Detroit :)

Anyway, congrats to the Spurs and it will be great to see a rematch of the finals and hopefully things work out better for me this time. :D

Ive lived in SA and San Angelo..I have friends and family that still live there.The Ice Man is a huge reason I became a fan in 83-84'.So Ive been a fan for over 20 years.Is there a rule that you have to live within a 20 mile radius to be a fan?No.

And yeah there are Pistons fans that live here.Theres a good friend of mine that I get together with whose a Pistons fan.The last finals we would trade going to each others houses as a way of being the "home" team.It was fun.Im hoping for another rematch.I told him last night,they need to hurry up and be through with Cleveland.Anyways,hopefully we'll see you in the Finals.Go Spurs Go!!

:lol: Me too.

Before that I was actually a (shudders involuntarily) Lakers fan. Although that had more to do with my dad being a Celtics fan, & rooting for LA made the playoffs more exciting in the 80's.

Spurs have been my one and only team for life. Always has been, always will be :)

I didn't mean to insinuate that that anyone wasn't a real fan, but it's just an observation that I've notice through the years.

If Detroit doesn't get their **** together, there might not be a rematch :(

I thought Flip would be good for the team and he could create a more offensive game from Detroit, but the defense has really softened since he took over.

Anyway, here's to hoping that we can get a rematch and if not, I'll just have to enjoy the local fiestas even though it's not my first team. :)

0624_D56-1.jpg

Go Spurs Go

I didn't mean to insinuate that that anyone wasn't a real fan, but it's just an observation that I've notice through the years.

If Detroit doesn't get their **** together, there might not be a rematch :(

I thought Flip would be good for the team and he could create a more offensive game from Detroit, but the defense has really softened since he took over.

Anyway, here's to hoping that we can get a rematch and if not, I'll just have to enjoy the local fiestas even though it's not my first team. :)

That happens with every NBA team that wins a championship.There will be even MORE bandwagon fans if the Spurs win again....This Pistons team that just lost isnt the same team from 05'.Flip is definitely a huge reason why Detroit got eliminated.No rematch,and the casual fan will get to see their so-called "hero" in the finals.

I guess he has something against adjustments.Or maybe he thought he was still coaching the T-Wolves.I dunno but the Pistons looked horrible.

On that note the Cavs better hope that somebody outside Lebron shows up to play,cause the Spurs are a different animal than anyone theyve played so far.The media keeps pointing to the two wins they got way early in the regular season.Well that bubble is already busted.Its the finals and the Spurs are hungry.Theyll have to play out of their minds to beat the Spurs in a 7 game series.If he (Lebron) has help, it may go 6, no help,I say 5.We'll see.Thursday couldnt get here fast enough.Go Spurs Go!!

Couldn't agree with you more. Flip has really done a poor job and wasted the talent these past two years. Now that Chauncey is prolly gone, I'm not sure what we'll be able to do.

Too bad I'm moving out to Vegas on Tuesday, so I won't be around for the championship parade. Maybe I'll have to book a flight back for that weekend just to go to the parties. :D I'll take some photos of the parade if I'm here for it, but since it'll be a sweep, I doubt I'll be back that soon.

Couldn't agree with you more. Flip has really done a poor job and wasted the talent these past two years. Now that Chauncey is prolly gone, I'm not sure what we'll be able to do.

Too bad I'm moving out to Vegas on Tuesday, so I won't be around for the championship parade. Maybe I'll have to book a flight back for that weekend just to go to the parties. :D I'll take some photos of the parade if I'm here for it, but since it'll be a sweep, I doubt I'll be back that soon.

I suspect Rasheed Wallace is done too, least in DET

I think what people have to realize,is this isnt the Detroit series.I dont see the Spurs going up 2-0 and then folding.Just wont happen.Thats my stance on the whole thing.Theyll get their 4th in 9 years and respected just like the Lakers,Bulls,and Celtics teams.

The other thing people have to realize is that Bron Bron needs a supporting cast before hes compared to Jordan.Also how does he compare to him when he doesnt even score a basket til the second half?Yeah the Spurs play D,but I see Jordan doing more against us,even at 22.Funny how people overhype this guy.He's got time,but I dont see Cleveland coming out of the east every year.

Its just one game,but the Cavs dont have time in this series to adjust too much.IMO they better be worried about being swept.

Them brooms look ready to go to work to me.Its time for the knockout!!Throw down tonight Spurs...Its time for that parade at the Riverwalk.Too bad they cant wait til the 13th of next month,I'll be there.Been a nice vacation so far....Lets get this last game for San Antonio.4 rings is some nice work,and is well deserved.Im gonna party like nobody ever partied before.Spurs fans everywhere BE PROUD,its a well deserved acheivement.

Dynasties dont come around too often...hopefully some of this rubs off on the Fins sometime soon.That said..................

Go Spurs Go!!!!!!!!!!!!

just a comment on Detroit, Flip was a huge part of the problem, but not the only problem...

1. Team Attitude-The Piston teams that beat LA and lost to us in 7 played with chips on their shoulders and felt disrespected. Last year, they coasted to the playoffs. This year, they just played lazy and acted as if it was their right to get to the playoffs. Listen to some of their interviews after the Cavs series, they still don't respect Cleveland.

2.Age/Poor drafting- The only players the Pistons have they drafted are Prince,Delfino, and Maxiel (Hunter was drafted by them, but was with LA and Toronto before resigning). All the other players are starting to get older.

3.Piss Poor Bench-THe Pistons have an unbelievably bad bench aside from McDyss. The year they won the title they had a bench of Mike James,Corliss Williamson,Elden Cambell,Darvin Ham and Mehmet Okur to go along with Lindsey Hunter (and Darko).

4.Joe Dumars-Every move Dumars has made since 04 has backfired on him.
Carlos Arroyo was a bust, the Darko trade did not work (was made so they could keep Big Ben), Flip Murray and Nazr Mohammad sucked.

5.No back up PG-Hunter can only defend, and Murray isn't a PG. Whenever Billups goes out of the game, the Pistons struggle.

As for the Spurs, I heard that they're going to try and clear as much cap space as possible and make a run at Rashard Lewis.

Go Spurs Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Back
Top Bottom