sanchez named starter | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

sanchez named starter

First off no game in the NFL is a given. The Jets have plenty of talent on that roster to beat anyone. Their downfall will be their rookie QB. I do believe sanchez will be a solid QB in this league. They should start clemons instead....

Letting Penny go last yr was your downfall... Mangina Blows as a head coach.This is why you guys lost last yr. I feel terrible for the browns.

If we get lucky and win one we'll tie you, it's not like you have 8 and we have 4.

Miami has a better overall history but the bottom line is you have just one more SB Title and we have dominated you the last 11 seasons and we have been the better team this decade.

You do realize we have dominated recently as well too, right? Since 2004 we are 8-2, prior to the week 17 loss to you we had won 5 straight.

Yes, because 2004 and 2005 are still relevant too... :lol: please. As far as I'm concerned, it started anew last year with a new coach, a new FO, and a new attitude. If you beat us twice this year, say whatever the hell you want. But the only thing that matters right now is right now. And right now, we're a better football team, coming off winning a division title in your house. So I really don't care about ancient history, which is what all those other years are now.

- Hi. Jets fan here

He didn't perform well at first, but did rebound after he calmed his nerves. How good is a rookie making his first start supposed to be? Against the Ravens D? And, although it was a pre-season game, the atmosphere, the intensity, and the blitzes were anything but.

Now, to be fair, the 2 delay of game penalties and the fumble are inexcusable. He needs to tighten those things up.

As for the poster that said he only completed a pass was because his back was turned and the defender was confused: That is what he is supposed to do; he has to take advantage of a teams' mistakes and miscommunication. He recognized it right off the bat, evaded the pressure, set his feet, and delivered a perfect strike. That is some veteran savvy.

I guess you're gonna say, "Yea, but all QB's have to do that to make it in this league, that was nothing special." For a rookie in his first NFL (pre-season) start it was.

You're really drinking the Kool-aid there. Veteran savvy? To hit an open receiver on a 15 yard route? Please. The guy played like crap, the Ravens starters left the game, and he made one good pass. They didn't have the confidence in Sanchez to let him run the 2 minute offense.

Yes, because 2004 and 2005 are still relevant too... :lol: please. As far as I'm concerned, it started anew last year with a new coach, a new FO, and a new attitude. If you beat us twice this year, say whatever the hell you want. But the only thing that matters right now is right now. And right now, we're a better football team, coming off winning a division title in your house. So I really don't care about ancient history, which is what all those other years are now.

Let me guess? The only relevant game is the week 17 game of 2008?:rolleyes2:

Let me guess? The only relevant game is the week 17 game of 2008?:rolleyes2:

No game from last year is relevant either... just this year. And past history has no bearing on what will happen on the field this year.

I really can't stand Rex Ryan. Not sure it that is relavent at this point in the thread, but I just felt like saying it. This move is all about Ryan giving into what the fans want and playing up to all the media hype. In a way I feel bad for Sanchez because when he falls on his face the media and the fans in NY will eat him alive. On the other hand, he's a Jet so I really don't feel a bit sorry for him.

Nope, that's not relevant either. Only thing that matters is the games we play THIS yr.

So then we have a shot? ok.

I disagree by the way that past games are irrelevent. NE owns us and has since 2003, they are clearly in our heads the way we have been clearly in Miami's heads.

So then we have a shot? ok.

I disagree by the way that past games are irrelevent. NE owns us and has since 2003, they are clearly in our heads the way we have been clearly in Miami's heads.

I think the idea of being any anyones head, outside of maybe some fans is crap....not many players have been on this team long enough to experience it.

I think the idea of being any anyones head, outside of maybe some fans is crap....not many players have been on this team long enough to experience it.

Talk to jason Taylor and Zach Thomas. Taylor was hanging a Curtis Martin jersey in his locker and Zach was claiming a Jet fan beat him up a few years ago. There's no doubt the jets have had the pschological edge over Miami.

If Dirty Sanchez comes along nicely the jets will be a formidable opponent no matter how many times you tell yourself they suck guys.

Talk to jason Taylor and Zach Thomas. Taylor was hanging a Curtis Martin jersey in his locker and Zach was claiming a Jet fan beat him up a few years ago. There's no doubt the jets have had the pschological edge over Miami.

I think that evaporated on December 28, 2008. But we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom