sanchez named starter | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

sanchez named starter

I'm not quite sure what you expect out of a rokkie QB in his first start. Should he have been flawless? Your 9 year vet lookeed like a rookie in 2 games against that D last year.

When will the dolphins be relevant again?
lol hmmm...maybe im mistaken but didnt WE win the AFC east? Didnt WE beat you guys on your field? Sorry dude but that revelant statement was just dumb. Its fine you want to protect Sanchez, but c'mon were WAY more relevant than you guys. Simply because we went to the playoffs and you didnt. End of story. See you week 5

The Dolphins organization became relevant again when we hired Parcells. The Dolphins became relevant on the field when we broke out the Wildcat and over half the teams in the NFL copied us. The Dolphins solidified their relevancy when we won the AFC East.

Only a moron or a hater would deem the 2009 Dolphins "irrelevant". Which are you, junc?

That's what I heard after you beat us in 2002 then swept us in 2003. Until you prove it consistently it's just a blip.

Yeah, but that was before the Curse of the Noodle! It will haunt the Jets until the end of time! :chuckle:

- Hi. Jets fan here.

The Dolphins ARE relevant right now. But so are the Jets. The Dolphins are relevant because they won the AFC East last year. The Jets are relevant because of the media hype on Mark Sanchez.

Also, do you Dolphins fans hate the Jets because of the actual team, because of the annoying know-it-all fans, or both?

Everyone talks about how bad the Jets will be this year? But why? Maybe I have gang green kool-aid in my blood, but I believe that the Jets have as much talent as the Dolphins if not more. Except at QB.

That is why when I hear sports radio, so called 'analysts' have the Jets anywhere from 10-6 to 7-9. Because there is so much uncertainty around the QB.

But, BESIDES the QB...what clear advantage do the 2009 Dolphins have over the 2009 Jets??? SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME!!!!!!!

Everyone talks about the Jets wideouts being below par and substandard. But what Dolphins wideout scares defensive coordinators? The TWO TOUCHDOWN STUD?!?!? A.K.A Ted Ginn Jr.? Chad Pennington threw 10 of his 19 touchdowns to Tight Ends, Fasano (7) & Martin (3).

So why can't Sanchez be that effective? He can make throws that Pennington can't, not eventually, I'm talkin' right now. But I digress...

QB: Miami by a significant margin
RB: Even
OL: Jets by a good margin
DL: Jets by a significant margin
LB: Push
CB: Jets by good margin
ST: Returns (Jets) Punts/Kickoffs (Miami) FG (Push)
HC: Forgot about Sparano...He has the good advantage over Rex (only because he is a 2nd year head coach and Ryan is a rookie head coach).

Seems to me that if Sanchez turns out to be good, this Jets team can be a good team. But someone tell me why the Dolphins get two easy wins.

Please...

jets have a better team than the phins outside of qb??? ill disagree

OL: edge Jets
RBs: I'll say even although ours were better last year and we added another back.
WRs: slight edge Miami for depth but we have the best overall
TE: we have the better receiver, you have the better blocker
OL: edge Jets

lol hmmm...maybe im mistaken but didnt WE win the AFC east? Didnt WE beat you guys on your field? Sorry dude but that revelant statement was just dumb. Its fine you want to protect Sanchez, but c'mon were WAY more relevant than you guys. Simply because we went to the playoffs and you didnt. End of story. See you week 5

You did something we couldn't do and deserve respect for that BUT you won the AFC East w/o Tom Brady playing. No one thought you had a chance in postseason and that came true, no one is expecting big things this year. You guys still aren't relevant again.

The Dolphins organization became relevant again when we hired Parcells. The Dolphins became relevant on the field when we broke out the Wildcat and over half the teams in the NFL copied us. The Dolphins solidified their relevancy when we won the AFC East.

Only a moron or a hater would deem the 2009 Dolphins "irrelevant". Which are you, junc?

If Parcells was coach I'd agree but as an exec he's been nothing more tha mediocre. I disagree w/ this statement but your reputation is that you used a gimmick to win a div title where the best team lost it's most important player for the season.

Yeah, but that was before the Curse of the Noodle! It will haunt the Jets until the end of time! :chuckle:

We are 1-1 against you and pennington and if sanchez turns out to be for real then the Favre fiasco was worth it.

Holy crap! I had to Google that just to make sure it was real. Wow thats pathetic.:lol:

I do love all of nyjunc's rebuttles though..."IF", "Almost":boohoo::lol2:

Who cares? Why do dolphin fans think reg season win % means everything? If so how come you don't talk about the Jets 46-39-1 reg season mark against Miami?

The bottom line is you have 2 SB titles and we have 1. if we ever win one again we'll be tied. Prior to 2001 you led NE by 2 and now you trail by 1. You only have 2 SB titles and both came 36-37 years ago.

To the guy that said Henne is better than Sanchez, he didn't look like it last night. Seemed to hold onto the ball to long and just hesitate in decisions and was playing against the nobodies.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9987476/Jets-to-name-Sanchez-winner-in-QB-battle

I got a big laugh outta this, "the Jets are impressed how much Sanchez has not looked like a rookie". if he's not looking like a rookie what the heck does he look like? worse then a rookie i guess lol

I can say with confidence Henne will be way better then this kid
Seeing how we're judging players on one preseason game, can you please explain with confidence how Henne's INT to a 3rd string rookie DL was better than Sanchez's INT to Ngata?

Seeing how we're judging players on one preseason game, can you please explain with confidence how Henne's INT to a 3rd string rookie DL was better than Sanchez's INT to Ngata?
Henne helped on the stop to bring the lineman down. Sanchez allowed Ngata to score a touchdown. Other then that, I have nothing. ;)

- Hi. Jets fan here.

The Dolphins ARE relevant right now. But so are the Jets. The Dolphins are relevant because they won the AFC East last year. The Jets are relevant because of the media hype on Mark Sanchez.

That does not define relevance... That defines stupid NY hype.

How can a player who never played an NFL game make an NFL team relevant ?

Like the silly hype you guys fell for last year for a 40 year old broken down QB... how did that work out ? :lol:

That does not define relevance... That defines stupid NY hype.

How can a player who never played an NFL game make an NFL team relevant ?

Like the silly hype you guys fell for last year for a 40 year old broken down QB... how did that work out ? :lol:

Weren't you guys relying on Bill Parcells to make you rleveant? How can a guy who has never built a Championship team make you relevant?

Back
Top Bottom