sanchez named starter | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

sanchez named starter

Any Dolphins want to make a friendly bet that Pennignton has less touchdown passes than Sanchez this year?

I normally would not comment on the performance of a divisional rival QB, but this post is just for nyjunc. :up: I thought Sanchez played very well in his only series against the Eagles. I have not seen a lot of him, but what I saw last night was impressive. The only thing that I have noticed is that he seems to stare down his receivers. That could lead to problems if the coaching staff does not correct that. It did not seem to hurt him last night though. It will be interesting to see how he does in the regular season against #1s for all 4 quarters.

Thank you. To be honest I don't take alot out of last nights game whether he was good(which he was) or bad. He played against backups and our 1st team O should roll through backups.

Young QBs do tend to lock on 1 WR and that can be dangerous, he doesn't always do it but there are times he does and that will come w/ experience. I am very happy w/ where he is right now, we'll see how he handles his first real game next week. We have a tough first month or so and if he doesn't play decent football that can play w/ his confidence which wouldn't be good.

Thank you. To be honest I don't take alot out of last nights game whether he was good(which he was) or bad. He played against backups and our 1st team O should roll through backups.

Young QBs do tend to lock on 1 WR and that can be dangerous, he doesn't always do it but there are times he does and that will come w/ experience. I am very happy w/ where he is right now, we'll see how he handles his first real game next week. We have a tough first month or so and if he doesn't play decent football that can play w/ his confidence which wouldn't be good.

It's going to be a tough first month for both of our teams. I think we will be fortunate if we are 2-2 heading into our week 5 match up. I am thinking 1-3 for the Jets.

It's going to be a tough first month for both of our teams. I think we will be fortunate if we are 2-2 heading into our week 5 match up. I am thinking 1-3 for the Jets.

I'll be extremely excited if we can be 2-3 after 5, if we are I think we'll be a playoff contender but I don't know if it is possible.

Well let's see....

All time record:
MIAMI 7, ATLANTA 3
It's a winnable game. Their D is going to be one of the worst this season, but their O is explosive, especially with Tony G. (Dolphin killer). Turner is also a top 3 RB under a very strong O-line that opens up holes and protects the QB very well. Stop Turner and keep constant pressure on Ryan and I think Miami will win this. I think this game can go either way.

All time record:
MIAMI 46, INDIANAPOLIS 23
Their D really hasn't ever been very good, but their O has always made up for it. Peynton Manning is the best QB in the league only behind Tom Brady at 100%. Their running game is pretty much nonexistent and their D really struggled last year. However, Manning is so good he threw for over 4,000 years and by himself he took the team that had a very bad start to the playoffs with 12 wins. They've lost key players to their offense and got a new coach, so I think they are siginifcantly worse, but if Miami dosen't keep constant pressure and play with their A-game, I think Manning will destory our questionable secondary. I think Miami wins.

All time record:
MIAMI 14, SAN DIEGO 12
Miami hasn't lost to San Diego since 1995, but this is a west coast trip against a very powerful offensive team. Their D is better than last year, but def. not top 10. Rivers is a top 5 QB who had the best pass completion precentage in the league (Pennington was behind him). I think this will be a loss, but since San Diego hasn't won since 95', anything can happen.

All time record:
MIAMI 52, BUFFALO 37 (1 tie)
Buffalo has been awful this decade. Even with Miami's downfall this decade, they still put up winning seasons (except for 2004, 2006, and 2007), but barely missing the playoffs. Buffalo has gone 7-9 three years in a row with their horrid coach, Jauron. They have strong weapons on offense in passing and running, but their QB isn't that good and their O-line is their major weakness. Their D is solid, but their D can only do so much. The offense needs to score points to win them games, which they will struggle to do all season. Turnovers is also concern because they don't know how to protect the football. With a hard schedule, they must against very strong defenses. I think they will be 1-5 or 0-6 the division, but who they beat is still a question (upset in New England?)

All time record:
N.Y. JETS 46, MIAMI 40
The Jets had a collapse after starting the season 8-3 last year due to Favre. When Favre retired again (only to come back to the Vikings) they drafted Sanchez who has looked very good. Eventhough he has looked good and has shown flashes, he's still a rookie and he will show why he is one. With Miami's pass rush (top 5 in the league IMO), Sanchez will struggle to pass, which is why he will rely on his RB's. The Jets have the best RB duo in the AFC East and they have the best RB in the AFC. If Miami fails to stop them, then they will lose because Sanchez will have an oppurtunity to exploit us. Their D and O-line are very solid, but they lack WR's and they have a rookie HC running the team. Ryan dosen't have Ed Reid and Ray Lewis to work with, but he does have a solid D. I think Miami will win this one because it's in Miami and Sanchez will face constant pressure. I think Miami will split with New York in the Meadowlands.

So, I see Miami starting the season 4-1. I wouldn't say I'm being biased because Miami usually beats the Colts and Chargers. Miami's offense will keep Atlanta off the field because their D sucks. Buffalo is just horrible. Jets game can go either way. I think the loss comes from San Diego though.

I'll be extremely excited if we can be 2-3 after 5, if we are I think we'll be a playoff contender but I don't know if it is possible.

Even if the Jets managed to go 2-3, I am not sure they would be a playoff contender. I think it will take at least 10 wins to qualify for a wildcard spot, and I just don't see the Jets getting to 10 with New England, Carolina, Atlanta, and Indianapolis left on the schedule.

Crazier things have happened, so I guess it is possible. I never thought that Miami would win 11 last year. That first month of the season will let us know what are teams are really made of.

Well let's see....

All time record:
MIAMI 7, ATLANTA 3
It's a winnable game. Their D is going to be one of the worst this season, but their O is explosive, especially with Tony G. (Dolphin killer). Turner is also a top 3 RB under a very strong O-line that opens up holes and protects the QB very well. Stop Turner and keep constant pressure on Ryan and I think Miami will win this. I think this game can go either way.

All time record:
MIAMI 46, INDIANAPOLIS 23
Their D really hasn't ever been very good, but their O has always made up for it. Peynton Manning is the best QB in the league only behind Tom Brady at 100%. Their running game is pretty much nonexistent and their D really struggled last year. However, Manning is so good he threw for over 4,000 years and by himself he took the team that had a very bad start to the playoffs with 12 wins. They've lost key players to their offense and got a new coach, so I think they are siginifcantly worse, but if Miami dosen't keep constant pressure and play with their A-game, I think Manning will destory our questionable secondary. I think Miami wins.

All time record:
MIAMI 14, SAN DIEGO 12
Miami hasn't lost to San Diego since 1995, but this is a west coast trip against a very powerful offensive team. Their D is better than last year, but def. not top 10. Rivers is a top 5 QB who had the best pass completion precentage in the league (Pennington was behind him). I think this will be a loss, but since San Diego hasn't won since 95', anything can happen.

All time record:
MIAMI 52, BUFFALO 37 (1 tie)
Buffalo has been awful this decade. Even with Miami's downfall this decade, they still put up winning seasons (except for 2004, 2006, and 2007), but barely missing the playoffs. Buffalo has gone 7-9 three years in a row with their horrid coach, Jauron. They have strong weapons on offense in passing and running, but their QB isn't that good and their O-line is their major weakness. Their D is solid, but their D can only do so much. The offense needs to score points to win them games, which they will struggle to do all season. Turnovers is also concern because they don't know how to protect the football. With a hard schedule, they must against very strong defenses. I think they will be 1-5 or 0-6 the division, but who they beat is still a question (upset in New England?)

All time record:
N.Y. JETS 46, MIAMI 40
The Jets had a collapse after starting the season 8-3 last year due to Favre. When Favre retired again (only to come back to the Vikings) they drafted Sanchez who has looked very good. Eventhough he has looked good and has shown flashes, he's still a rookie and he will show why he is one. With Miami's pass rush (top 5 in the league IMO), Sanchez will struggle to pass, which is why he will rely on his RB's. The Jets have the best RB duo in the AFC East and they have the best RB in the AFC. If Miami fails to stop them, then they will lose because Sanchez will have an oppurtunity to exploit us. Their D and O-line are very solid, but they lack WR's and they have a rookie HC running the team. Ryan dosen't have Ed Reid and Ray Lewis to work with, but he does have a solid D. I think Miami will win this one because it's in Miami and Sanchez will face constant pressure. I think Miami will split with New York in the Meadowlands.

So, I see Miami starting the season 4-1. I wouldn't say I'm being biased because Miami usually beats the Colts and Chargers. Miami's offense will keep Atlanta off the field because their D sucks. Buffalo is just horrible. Jets game can go either way. I think the loss comes from San Diego though.

I would be really exited about our season if we went 4-1 after 5. I just don't see it happening though. I think we stand a good chance against Atlanta, but Indy and San Diego will be tough. I think our secondary will have some growing pains early in the season. I think we go 3-2 after 5, beating the Falcons, Jets and Buffalo.

I can't wait for the season to start. :D

4-1 is very ambitious, I think 3-2 is the ceiling after 5.

Even if the Jets managed to go 2-3, I am not sure they would be a playoff contender. I think it will take at least 10 wins to qualify for a wildcard spot, and I just don't see the Jets getting to 10 with New England, Carolina, Atlanta, and Indianapolis left on the schedule.

Crazier things have happened, so I guess it is possible. I never thought that Miami would win 11 last year. That first month of the season will let us know what are teams are really made of.

I would be really exited about our season if we went 4-1 after 5. I just don't see it happening though. I think we stand a good chance against Atlanta, but Indy and San Diego will be tough. I think our secondary will have some growing pains early in the season. I think we go 3-2 after 5, beating the Falcons, Jets and Buffalo.

I can't wait for the season to start. :D

Those first 5 games LOOK like our toughest stretch of the year and we head into it w/o one of our best defensive players for 4 of them(w/o 2 for one of them) and a rookie QB. Things change, maybe some of those early games are easier than expected and some of the later games are more difficult but on paper if we can go 2-3 I think it will have been a great start and we'd be playoff contedners. That doesn't mean we'd make it but we'd be contenders and just b/c last year it took 11 doesn't mean it will this year. Maybe it's 9, maybe it's 10? We don't know yet.

Those first 5 games LOOK like our toughest stretch of the year and we head into it w/o one of our best defensive players for 4 of them(w/o 2 for one of them) and a rookie QB. Things change, maybe some of those early games are easier than expected and some of the later games are more difficult but on paper if we can go 2-3 I think it will have been a great start and we'd be playoff contedners. That doesn't mean we'd make it but we'd be contenders and just b/c last year it took 11 doesn't mean it will this year. Maybe it's 9, maybe it's 10? We don't know yet.

Very true. However, there will be some good teams competing for the Wild Card spot. In my opinion, the only team making it in the West is the division winner. I think it will be Baltimore and Pittsburgh battling for the North; Tennessee and Indy for the South, and Miami and NE in the East. That leaves 3 pretty good teams fighting for the Wild Card spot. I also think Houston will better this year.

I just feel that the teams that do not win the division will end up with at least 10 wins. That is just my thoughts. Like you said though, we don't know. Anything can happen. A team that we think may be good, could be very bad, and vice versa.

Very true. However, there will be some good teams competing for the Wild Card spot. In my opinion, the only team making it in the West is the division winner. I think it will be Baltimore and Pittsburgh battling for the North; Tennessee and Indy for the South, and Miami and NE in the East. That leaves 3 pretty good teams fighting for the Wild Card spot. I also think Houston will better this year.

I just feel that the teams that do not win the division will end up with at least 10 wins. That is just my thoughts. Like you said though, we don't know. Anything can happen. A team that we think may be good, could be very bad, and vice versa.

I think Baltimore, ten and Indy will take steps back this year. Bal is an every other year team, Ten had everything break right last year and blew it and Indy has had so many changes. I think Cincy is going to challenge Pitt in the North.

I think Baltimore, ten and Indy will take steps back this year. Bal is an every other year team, Ten had everything break right last year and blew it and Indy has had so many changes. I think Cincy is going to challenge Pitt in the North.
:lol2::lol2::lol2:

Sorry man, that just made me laugh. But anything can happen.

Imagine how people would have laughed a year ago if you said Miami would win the AFC East?

Every team(except the Lions) has to turn it around at some point I suppose. Maybe it is Cincy's year.

Back
Top Bottom