sanchez named starter | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

sanchez named starter

I made a mistake though, he actually has 6. I forgot the '06 one vs. Buf but still that's 6 in 2395 attempts.

When speaking about #s we are talking regular season #s so that removes 2.

Let's look at Chad's career:

2002: NONE in 399 attempts
2003: One in 297 attempts
2004: NONE in 370 attempts
2005: NONE in 83 attempts
2006: One in 485 attempts
2007: Two in 260 attempts
2008: One in 476 attempts

In his career he has 5 returned for TDs in 2395 attempts or one every 479 attempts.

Favre had 4 LAST YEAR! in only 522 attempts

This isn't about Favre, hes no longer on the Jets so I do not care about him anymore. Hes the Vikings problem.

I don't understand why you threw out all those numbers, because what I said was 100% true, he had 6 INT for TD the last 3 seasons including playoffs, all you did was back up my argument. You were wrong when you said Pennington only threw INT for TD in 2007. And why not count playoff games? Those are the meaningful games, throwing a pick 6 in a playoff game is not helping your team. His last 2 playoff games he had thrown a pick 6 in.

And obviously you didn't sense the joking tone of my original post, I was exaggerating and was joking around with the guy saying how many pick 6 will Sanchez throw this year.

Which I told you before, so :lol: at you for taking that serious.

Cost of internet: $24.99
Computer: $800.00
Watching one Jets fan make another look stupid: PRICELESS!

I hope you aren't saying that hes making me look stupid, hes making himself look stupid for taking what I originally said so seriously, then go look up numbers and post like hes proving me wrong or something except he proves that I was right that he had 6 INTs returned for TD the last 3 seasons.

And like I said, I wasn't serious when I said Penny is the king of pick 6. I was exaggerating. And I said that in my respond to you when you asked for a link.
I don't know how many pick 6 each QB has in the NFL. Hench why I wasn't being serious. Which makes it even more funny how serious that other Jets fan got.
Hes probably one of those Jets fans that would literally **** Pennington's **** if he had a chance. Even though the guy isn't that good.

This isn't about Favre, hes no longer on the Jets so I do not care about him anymore. Hes the Vikings problem.

I don't understand why you threw out all those numbers, because what I said was 100% true, he had 6 INT for TD the last 3 seasons including playoffs, all you did was back up my argument. You were wrong when you said Pennington only threw INT for TD in 2007. And why not count playoff games? Those are the meaningful games, throwing a pick 6 in a playoff game is not helping your team. His last 2 playoff games he had thrown a pick 6 in.

And obviously you didn't sense the joking tone of my original post, I was exaggerating and was joking around with the guy saying how many pick 6 will Sanchez throw this year.

Which I told you before, so :lol: at you for taking that serious.

#s are seperated btw Reg and postseason. He has 6 total in his career in the reg season. I brought up Favre b/c he was our QB last year and while we watched him sabotage our season we also watched Chad elevate a terrible team to become div champs in our own division.

His pick 6 against NE was in garabge time w/ the game already over.

I just hate seeing Chad get thrown undre the bus since he was really good for us, the worst thing Chad did for us was get hurt. Jet fans don't appreciate him and there are misconceptions about him out there so I try to correct them. It's nothing aginst you, you are a good, knowledgable fan and I appreciate that.

I hope you aren't saying that hes making me look stupid, hes making himself look stupid for taking what I originally said so seriously, then go look up numbers and post like hes proving me wrong or something except he proves that I was right that he had 6 INTs returned for TD the last 3 seasons.

And like I said, I wasn't serious when I said Penny is the king of pick 6. I was exaggerating. And I said that in my respond to you when you asked for a link.
I don't know how many pick 6 each QB has in the NFL. Hench why I wasn't being serious. Which makes it even more funny how serious that other Jets fan got.
Hes probably one of those Jets fans that would literally **** Pennington's **** if he had a chance. Even though the guy isn't that good.

Try using smileys when you joke.

I apologize if I appreciate all that Chad did for us. You are the type of fan that loves the next flavor of the month and throws away good players in hopes that the next player will be better.

#s are seperated btw Reg and postseason. He has 6 total in his career in the reg season. I brought up Favre b/c he was our QB last year and while we watched him sabotage our season we also watched Chad elevate a terrible team to become div champs in our own division.

His pick 6 against NE was in garabge time w/ the game already over.

I just hate seeing Chad get thrown undre the bus since he was really good for us, the worst thing Chad did for us was get hurt. Jet fans don't appreciate him and there are misconceptions about him out there so I try to correct them. It's nothing aginst you, you are a good, knowledgable fan and I appreciate that.
Dude, I don't care if you don't count playoff INTs for TD or not, I said including playoffs when I said he had 6 INTs for TD the last 3 years. I was counting postseason and I made it known.

And I don't think Pennington was very good for us, he had his good times. But he also had frustrating games that we had a bunch load of 3 and outs, also frustrated me that on 3rd and long we couldn't pick up first downs and had to do dump offs because Penny couldn't attack a defense with his lack of arm strength.
I like Pennington, hes a good guy and a good leader for a team. But his physical strengths really hurt him and the team from reaching the next level. The team around you has to play that much better for Pennington. We had playoff appearances with Pennington, but we didn't really get far with him. We almost made it to a AFC championship game despite him, our ST and defense was great in 2004, along with our run game of Curtis Martin and LaMont Jordan.

I'm done with Pennington, and I'm done with Favre. Sanchez is our QB now and I will root against Pennington because he is with the enemies now. He had his moment last season to shove it in the Jets face, but I hope we kick his a%% this year!

I apologize if I appreciate all that Chad did for us. You are the type of fan that loves the next flavor of the month and throws away good players in hopes that the next player will be better.

I just don't think Pennington was all that great for us, he had his good years like 2002. But he also had mediocre years and bad years.
Even though Chad had a 97 QB rating last year, hes still a average QB in the NFL. I want to see if he can repeat that season, last year he played a lot of mediocre defenses. The only real good defense he played he struggled against, actually he struggled to put up points all season. Same with when he was here.

The only way Pennington can win a SB is if his defense and run game are great.

Dude, I don't care if you don't count playoff INTs for TD or not, I said including playoffs when I said he had 6 INTs for TD the last 3 years. I was counting postseason and I made it known.

And I don't think Pennington was very good for us, he had his good times. But he also had frustrating games that we had a bunch load of 3 and outs, also frustrated me that on 3rd and long we couldn't pick up first downs and had to do dump offs because Penny couldn't attack a defense with his lack of arm strength.
I like Pennington, hes a good guy and a good leader for a team. But his physical strengths really hurt him and the team from reaching the next level. The team around you has to play that much better for Pennington. We had playoff appearances with Pennington, but we didn't really get far with him. We almost made it to a AFC championship game despite him, our ST and defense was great in 2004, along with our run game of Curtis Martin and LaMont Jordan.

I'm done with Pennington, and I'm done with Favre. Sanchez is our QB now and I will root against Pennington because he is with the enemies now. He had his moment last season to shove it in the Jets face, but I hope we kick his a%% this year!

Actually your orignal quote was:

I don't know if he does or not, I know he has like 7 INTs thrown the past 3 years that went for TDs.

I don't see any mention of postseason?

Chad's biggest problem was staying healthy, when he was healthy we always made the playoffs. it's not his fault he had a dynasty team in his division or that he kept getting hurt. I hope you enjoyed last year< i would much rather have enjoyed winning a div title which we would have w/ Chad.

I root against Chad now too but I don't re-write history. I still appreciate what he did for us.

Most all of the Jets fans on here were happy to throw Pennington under the bus and bring in Brett Favre. Obviously, had Favre never gone to New York, Miami would probably had another top 10 draft choice. Some Miami fans are already ready to do the same, and start our unproven backup QB Henne. The fact is though, without Pennington we wouldn't have even finished 2nd in the division. We would have been looking at most like 4th.

Actually your orignal quote was:

I don't see any mention of postseason?

Chad's biggest problem was staying healthy, when he was healthy we always made the playoffs. it's not his fault he had a dynasty team in his division or that he kept getting hurt. I hope you enjoyed last year< i would much rather have enjoyed winning a div title which we would have w/ Chad.

I root against Chad now too but I don't re-write history. I still appreciate what he did for us.

Dude, that was before I looked it up. That's why I said he had "like" 7 INTs, I didn't know the exact amount. Then I looked it up and said a FYI.

I just gave up on Pennington, I rooted for the guy but it was time to move on.

Thats funny, Chad Pennington is the king of pick 6 in the NFL. He has to lead the league in them the past 3 seasons.

As nyjunc already pointed out, Pennington only has 6 interceptions that have been returned for touchdowns (in the regular season) his whole career.

Here are the stats for interceptions returned for touchdowns by some of the more notable NFL QB's over the last 3 seasons. These are only regular season #'s.

Peyton Manning (0) in 2006, - (0)2007 - (2) in 2008 Total (2)
Tony Romo (1) in 2006 - (2) in 2007 - (1) in 2008 Total (4)
Ben Roethlisberger (3) in 2006 - (0) in 2007 - (2) in 2008 Total (5)
Jay Cutler (1) in 2006 - (1) in 2007 - (2) in 2008 Total (4)
Kurt Warner (1) in 2006 - (3) in 2007 - (2) in 2008 Total (6)

Drew Brees (3) in 2006 - (2) in 2007 - (2) in 2008 Total (7)
Philip Rivers (1) in 2006 - (2) in 2007 - (1) in 2008 total (4)
Donovan McNabb (2) in 2006 - (0) in 2007 - (2) in 2008 Total (4)
Brett Favre (2) in 2006 - (1) in 2007 - (4) in 2008 Total (7)
As you can see, many of the top rated NFL QB's have had nearly as many (or more in some cases) in just the last 3 seasons, than Pennington has had his entire career.

Pennington usually makes smart decisions and protects the ball. He is a proven winner when healthy, and is the #1 reason we won the Division. Who knows how far the Jets could have gone with a healthy Pennington at QB. I am very glad that you and the Jets gave up on him. I thoroughly enjoyed watching him transform a 1-15 team to Division Champions. :)

Dude, that was before I looked it up. That's why I said he had "like" 7 INTs, I didn't know the exact amount. Then I looked it up and said a FYI.

I just gave up on Pennington, I rooted for the guy but it was time to move on.

Didn't I respond initially to that first post?

I normally would not comment on the performance of a divisional rival QB, but this post is just for nyjunc. :up: I thought Sanchez played very well in his only series against the Eagles. I have not seen a lot of him, but what I saw last night was impressive. The only thing that I have noticed is that he seems to stare down his receivers. That could lead to problems if the coaching staff does not correct that. It did not seem to hurt him last night though. It will be interesting to see how he does in the regular season against #1s for all 4 quarters.

I normally would not comment on the performance of a divisional rival QB, but this post is just for nyjunc. :up: I thought Sanchez played very well in his only series against the Eagles. I have not seen a lot of him, but what I saw last night was impressive. The only thing that I have noticed is that he seems to stare down his receivers. That could lead to problems if the coaching staff does not correct that. It did not seem to hurt him last night though. It will be interesting to see how he does in the regular season against #1s for all 4 quarters.
Not going to lie, his Ceiling scares the **** out of me. He's got a live arm, if he gets the mental part of the NFl down we are in for some hell of air battles again in the future.
Chubbs

Back
Top Bottom