sanchez named starter | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

sanchez named starter

The Jets will not make the playoffs.....book it.

IMO, they get swept by the pats, at best split with us, though I think they'll get swept, and probably split with the Bills....thats 4 losses at a minimum within the division.

According the early Las Vegas Lines, your right. But the dolphins are in the same boat. While I think MIA will field a better team this year, I see a step back on the record front. For those who believe MIA is a 10+ win team, I invite you to goto your favorite sport book and put your money where your 'proverbial' mouth is.

sorry bro....no one can blame you for how you feel....but it is truth in advertising.. at least for now (as well as probably a pain in the butt to redo).

i take it you are trying to clown the jets by saying they are the new jersey jets. Thats insulting the state i live in right?...Giants play here too, and plus whats wrong with NJ???

part of the reason i never took as well to the jets/giants/ was that they showed NJ no respect even tho they play here etc.

Plus the teams closer to NJ are the Yankees/Giants/Devils/nets....this is b/c the Jets and Mets are originally queens teams. Most their loyality and fan base is still based in queens/long island So its actually farther away from nj than manhattan/brooklyn/bronx.

so u dont hafta change it obviously - but it doesnt make ne sense n its a sorry insult since NJ has alot going for it.

As for the early Sanchez critiques from some here.

Didn't Penny throw a total of 5 INTS to that defense last year? The same DEF that picked Penny in the playoffs and should of had 2 more, that Washington dropped? The same DEF that went to the AFC Champ? So if that DEF did that last year and handled MR. Poise and Accuracy and Mr. #2 in the MVP voting, what did you think would happen to a rookie?

i take it you are trying to clown the jets by saying they are the new jersey jets. Thats insulting the state i live in right?...Giants play here too, and plus whats wrong with NJ???

part of the reason i never took as well to the jets/giants/ was that they showed NJ no respect even tho they play here etc.

Plus the teams closer to NJ are the Yankees/Giants/Devils/nets....this is b/c the Jets and Mets are originally queens teams. Most their loyality and fan base is still based in queens/long island So its actually farther away from nj than manhattan/brooklyn/bronx.

so u dont hafta change it obviously - but it doesnt make ne sense n its a sorry insult since NJ has alot going for it.

Preach on, Jersey brother!! :up:

sanchez had one good play that whole game and as CK said in a different thread he wasnt even in the pocket on that TD pass. he needs to become better at avoiding the rush and reading defenses. he looked lost on the field. you cant tell me he looked good take away the TD pass which was a obvious cover mismatch which won't happen come regular season and he had an awful game. you can say he's a rookie and all that ok but he's not showing signs of improvement which you should be seeing some of the time. 50% completion percentage is awful

wtf? The kid just started his first ever preseason game in his rookie year. From what performance level are you expecting improvement??

nick1 said:
well players improve as they become vets it happens
Thank god, there is hope for Sanchez after all.

dude im not saying he wont just right now and this season he is looking pretty bad, you cant compare him to ryan or even flacco just doesnt happen. manning was awful as a rookie

I know personally there's nothing wrong with NJ.. I've spent plenty of time between friends in Livingston, Union, Hoboken, Nutley, Wayne, Morristown and the Jersey shore, and weekly business meetings in Hackensack, so I'm not punking the state.. just the Jest. And what would come next, the dolfans from Toronto demanding I revise the Bills entry? It'd never stop. :chuckle:. This would be an appropriate place to declare that it's "etched in stone" but I won't go that far.

Didn't Penny throw a total of 5 INTS to that defense last year? The same DEF that picked Penny in the playoffs and should of had 2 more, that Washington dropped? The same DEF that went to the AFC Champ? So if that DEF did that last year and handled MR. Poise and Accuracy and Mr. #2 in the MVP voting, what did you think would happen to a rookie?

Good point. i still do not think sanchez should start just yet. He also seems kinda giddy. im not saying this as a dolphins fan but as a football fan. He seemed overly mad when he f'd up and overly happy when he threw the pass. but to me it didnt seem like typical perfectionist emotion. but rather "i gotta stay the star of new york, next broadway joe, gotta get a headline" emotion. He got to be the diva in USC and it doesnt seem like the media or rex ryan are doing nething to change that in NY which is a shame. Of course i might be tottally off - but i dont see sanchez as being THAT solid this year. i could wind up wrong but if i was a jet fan i'd be more confident with clemmons this year, and also confident with sanchez as the future of my team. just dk about this year.

cant tottally judge him on baltimore tho those guys are feirce as hell. It was obvious sanchez lacked some poise early on though.

I know personally there's nothing wrong with NJ.. I've spent plenty of time between friends in Livingston, Union, Hoboken, Nutley, Wayne, Morristown and the Jersey shore, and weekly business meetings in Hackensack, so I'm not punking the state.. just the Jest. And what would come next, the dolfans from Toronto demanding I revise the Bills entry? It'd never stop. :chuckle:. This would be an appropriate place to declare that it's "etched in stone" but I won't go that far.

haha well hey as long as u know the truth about NJ - u seem to have seen all sides of it unlike most ppl who get their info from the sopranos and film of the factories, which of course all exist but only as a small fraction.....its all good man we are all dolphans woo

dude im not saying he wont just right now and this season he is looking pretty bad, you cant compare him to ryan or even flacco just doesnt happen. manning was awful as a rookie

Yeah I wouldn't compare him to anyone right now. He's definitely got some learning to do. There are a lot of great QB's that sucked as rookies.

I just don't get your point about he hasn't shown any improvement. Improvement from what?

so in all seriousness, what is considered a successful season for Mark and Rex??

Since their fates are tied together.

Dirty named starter cus he has more hype...just like coacheepoo.

Sanchez did nothing to earn the title "starting QB" except be the victim of a FO that traded up to get him top 5 and pay him a handsome salary to be the future.

Yeah buts that's different......well because.....it just is....:lol:

If I was the Jets....I'd start Clemens....not because he's the better quarterback.....but just to give Sanchez that much more time to prepare....it absolutely cannot hurt...

Hell, you have Clemens on your roster....might as well use him for something....if nothing other than buying a few more games to better prepare Sanchez before you hand him the keys...

That game showed us how we can win this year. If our QBs don't throw 2 INts for TDs we only give up 10 pts and win that game. We can run the football, play good D and have good STs. As long as mark is competent we'll be in games w/ a chance to win.

hahahahahahahah!!!!!! That's the funniest thing I ever heard! I'm not even gonna elaborate.

Oh, and don't forget the Pick-6 that hit Ray Lewis in the hands that he dropped. That woulda been 3 INTs returned for a TD.

Back
Top Bottom