sanchez named starter | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

sanchez named starter

Well, it's a benefit that we host the Jets first. You always want to play a rookie QB early. They tend to struggle on the road, particularly against aggressive defenses.

I remember salivating for weeks to bet Tampa Bay hosting Matt Ryan last year, particularly since they opened at home vs. Detroit. No way Ryan could make that type of system shock adjustment, home to a cupcake followed by road versus a brutal defense. Tampa Bay fell apart late, leading many to forget what they were like for the bulk of the year on defense.

Unfortunately, Sanchez has two road games before we play the Jets. Neither is the sturdiest opponent on defense, but arguably neither are we.

We should have a decisive energy edge early in the first Jets game, compliments of that season ending victory at the Meadowlands. Anti-revenge is incredibly powerful, although the media will be content to ignore that forever. Winning on the road in a high profile and significant evenly matched game, then facing that opponent at your place in the next outing, is a huge boost to the home team. They are in a frenzy to assert superiority again. It's best at the outset of the season, but game 5 is early enough. It typically lasts half the game or less, and you need to take advantage on the scoreboard before normalcy reigns.

Well, it's a benefit that we host the Jets first. You always want to play a rookie QB early. They tend to struggle on the road, particularly against aggressive defenses.

I agree with that.

But that advantage is circumvented by the fact the Dolphins have to play the Pats after New England's bye week.

The Patriots are 8-0 after their last 8 bye weeks. Belichick prepares them well when he has two weeks to work with.

With every advantage you look for in the schedule you can find a disadvantage.

sanchez had one good play that whole game and as CK said in a different thread he wasnt even in the pocket on that TD pass. he needs to become better at avoiding the rush and reading defenses. he looked lost on the field. you cant tell me he looked good take away the TD pass which was a obvious cover mismatch which won't happen come regular season and he had an awful game. you can say he's a rookie and all that ok but he's not showing signs of improvement which you should be seeing some of the time. 50% completion percentage is awful

What are you talking about? Not showing improvement? That was his first start! I know you are just rambling on because you dislike the Jets so true or not you will try and bring them down. But my gosh......... So throwing a TD outside of the pocket isn't a TD? Like what the heck are you trying to get with that? He did it perfect there, he slid to the right and planted his feet and fired a strike to Leon. Besides that he was playing a elite defense that wasn't playing at the level of most teams do in preseason games. Your acting like he has been doing horrible all training camp, and act like hes been garbage through a full season or something.
Hes been getting better each day in practice and got better as the game was going on against Baltimore. His screen pass was nice the way he set it up, he looked the other way and got the LBs off of it to open it up more.

Chad Pennington looked awful against the Ravens last season in the postseason, QB tend to look bad against them. So don't act like Sanchez was suppose to light them up in his 2nd preseason game. Matt Ryan had a 38 QB rating against them in his 4th preseason game last year.....

And I guess you can't say the Jets defense looked bad against Flacco, according to you a 50% completion is horrible, Flacco had a 48% against us.

so in all seriousness, what is considered a successful season for Mark and Rex??

Since their fates are tied together.

Mark starts all 16 games, takes care of the football and doesn't make a huge amount of mistakes this year. Basically I want to see improvements as the season goes on, I don't have any expectations for this team. I know of the chances of a rookie QB leading you to the playoffs, doesn't happen often. Though it happened 4 times this decade, if you count Kyle Orton leading the Bears to the playoffs. (though Grossman took over late in the season)

But every single rookie QB that has had success it was because of that team running the football, and playing defense. That is what Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Big Ben, and Kyle Orton had in common.

For Rex, I want to see a good defense this year. Top 10 would be nice, we were close to it last season and we are better on that side this year.
I like the new aggressive approach he has, it beats the conservative play not to lose style of Mangini.

What are you talking about? Not showing improvement? That was his first start! I know you are just rambling on because you dislike the Jets so true or not you will try and bring them down. But my gosh......... So throwing a TD outside of the pocket isn't a TD? Like what the heck are you trying to get with that? He did it perfect there, he slid to the right and planted his feet and fired a strike to Leon. Besides that he was playing a elite defense that wasn't playing at the level of most teams do in preseason games. Your acting like he has been doing horrible all training camp, and act like hes been garbage through a full season or something.
Hes been getting better each day in practice and got better as the game was going on against Baltimore. His screen pass was nice the way he set it up, he looked the other way and got the LBs off of it to open it up more.

Chad Pennington looked awful against the Ravens last season in the postseason, QB tend to look bad against them. So don't act like Sanchez was suppose to light them up in his 2nd preseason game. Matt Ryan had a 38 QB rating against them in his 4th preseason game last year.....

And I guess you can't say the Jets defense looked bad against Flacco, according to you a 50% completion is horrible, Flacco had a 48% against us.

lol....save your breath man....you can't pay attention to half the crap you read around here...

It's all gonna play out.....and a lot people are going to have to eat a pile of **** that they regurgitate over and over and over...

If the right person starts a myth around here.....it's gospel....

NY's suspended players will be back so we can kick their @$$ at full strength. Should be a very good game.

Front Offices dont sign good players, or "star" players, to miss the playoffs.....they try to hit the playoffs, and rely on a heavy dose of momentum to take it from there (2008 Cards)...anybody in their right mind (outside of our FO) who actually thought our additions last year could take us from 1-15 to AFC East Champs, wouldve been arrested.....but look how it turned out, thats the beauty, irony, and heartbreak this game has to offer. A few key additions or good drafts, an important injury or two, and you got a different team on the field....

Come on guys, Sanchez threw a 20 yard TD to Washington against 1/2 of the first team defense. That is redemption if I ever heard it. :lol: These Jets fans are real characters.

They should give Leon Washington record $$ because that man is a freak. If he didn't coddle Sanchez on that drive chances are he would have folded like origami.. I don't see how a Jets fan could wear any other jersey but #29. He IS their offense.

Love all the excuses Junc.. :rolleyes2: We both watched the same game.. Had it been a regular season game Sanchez would have seen Lewis, Suggs, Gnati, and Reed all game and would have been pulled before the game ended.. His stats before Lewis and Reed were taken out of the game were simply horrendous, and would have been worse had it not been for Leon Washington... and even a Jets fan (who isnt named Adam Schein) could see that. Baltimore defense could have easily had 21 points by themselves going into the 4th quarter due to QB play.

I want to know if im alone in thinking that Clemens looked rather good in the ravens game. I know Lewis and co wasnt in there, but he looked very poised. He delivered the ball well but his guys dropped them. I hope they keep Sanchez in there cause that leaves only the patsies for us to worry about. IMO

- Hi Jet's fan here.

You can't have it both ways, y'know. You (and please note when I say 'you', I mean the general public) can't say Clemens looked good against backups but then say, "Sanchez only looked good because Lewis, Reed and co. were not in the game."

Also, someone mentioned in a different post in this thread how Sanchez had to leave the pocket because he can't see the field.

Well...Sanchez is 6'2. Allow me to show you some other 6'2 & under QB's:
Joe Montana (6'2)
Steve Young (6'2)
Drew Brees (6'0)
Steve McNair (6'2)
Brett Favre (6'2)
Bart Starr (6'1)
Fran Tarkenton (6'0)

And if given some leeway...here are some 6'3 Qb's
Jon Elway
Warren Moon
Chad Pennington (doesn't belong in this class of QB's, just wanted to point out the irony)

Now I'm not saying Sanchez is going to be as good as any of those QB's. And I hope I do not get struck lightning for mentioning Sanchez with these QB's. But this is just to show that being 6'2 is not a detriment to being a great QB.

Right now they have a better chance with Clemens but Sanchez was paid to be the future and they want to see the future now. No one knows how he will be playing by mid season, same as when Henne gets his chance. But last year Henne did look a lot better than what Sanchez has shown so far.

- Hi Jet's fan here.

You can't have it both ways, y'know. You (and please note when I say 'you', I mean the general public) can't say Clemens looked good against backups but then say, "Sanchez only looked good because Lewis, Reed and co. were not in the game."

Also, someone mentioned in a different post in this thread how Sanchez had to leave the pocket because he can't see the field.

Well...Sanchez is 6'2. Allow me to show you some other 6'2 & under QB's:
Joe Montana (6'2)
Steve Young (6'2)
Drew Brees (6'0)
Steve McNair (6'2)
Brett Favre (6'2)
Bart Starr (6'1)
Fran Tarkenton (6'0)

And if given some leeway...here are some 6'3 Qb's
Jon Elway
Warren Moon
Chad Pennington (doesn't belong in this class of QB's, just wanted to point out the irony)

Now I'm not saying Sanchez is going to be as good as any of those QB's. And I hope I do not get struck lightning for mentioning Sanchez with these QB's. But this is just to show that being 6'2 is not a detriment to being a great QB.

Allow me to clarify: Sanchez sucks, regardless of his height, and regardless of how Clemens (who also sucks) played. I hope that was simple enough for a jet fan to digest. G'night!

Back
Top Bottom