Sanchez or Tebow? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sanchez or Tebow?

They won on defense.

vs. TB the D forced 3 turnovers
vs. dal only 1 TO but Romo was awful and they averaged 4.4 YPC
vs. GB Favre handed them that game w/ 2 INts including the one that set up the GW FG in OT
vs. NE they held the best O in the league to 14 pts

In the SD game Mark had a bunch of critical 3rd down conversions for 1st downs/TDs. it's not something that shows up in a boxscore

Eli had one fluke run, Sanchez already proved 2009 wasn't a fluke.

I didn't say Sanchez is better than Eli right now but I'd take him over Eli, 8 years in the league and no playoff wins for 7 of them tells me to do so.

The Giants D was a huge part of it, but they had no running game, and Eli still led them to wins. Something Sanchez has not done. The Jets playoff wins are from the D and the running game. I count 6 turnovers for the Giants in that playoff run. Do you want to know how many the Jets have in their 4 playoff wins with Sanchez. Do you want to know which team has allowed fewer points in those playoff wins?

There is no way the Giants win the Super Bowl if Sanchez was the QB. I'd be willing to bet that Eli has more playoff wins by the time both retire. Regardless, I wouldn't go on playoff record alone. I've watched them both play, and Eli is by far the better QB despite his playoff record.

Just like I don't give Sanchez all of the credit for his playoff wins, you can't put all of a QBs playoffs losses on the QB either. Marino was 8-10 in the playoffs, but he was still one of the best ever, and on a team that could run the ball and play D as well as the Jets did the last 2 years, would have had multiple rings.

The Giants D was a huge part of it, but they had no running game, and Eli still led them to wins. Something Sanchez has not done. The Jets playoff wins are from the D and the running game. I count 6 turnovers for the Giants in that playoff run. Do you want to know how many the Jets have in their 4 playoff wins with Sanchez. Do you want to know which team has allowed fewer points in those playoff wins?

There is no way the Giants win the Super Bowl if Sanchez was the QB. I'd be willing to bet that Eli has more playoff wins by the time both retire. Regardless, I wouldn't go on playoff record alone. I've watched them both play, and Eli is by far the better QB despite his playoff record.

Just like I don't give Sanchez all of the credit for his playoff wins, you can't put all of a QBs playoffs losses on the QB either. Marino was 8-10 in the playoffs, but he was still one of the best ever, and on a team that could run the ball and play D as well as the Jets did the last 2 years, would have had multiple rings.

We had no run game in the title game last year, if our D showed up we win that game.

You are counting their 4 playoff wins which include a title game win and SB win, our D hasn't been able to win a title game or get to a SB. It gets harder to hold teams down the further you get and even w/ that our D's gave up the same amount of points and we had LESS turnovers so I'm not sure what your point is?

They would asbolutely have won w/ Sanchez as Eli did what Sanchez has done, make some big plays in big spots. The problem w/ Eli is he could only do it that one month, he hasn't been able to take that to another postseason- Sanchez has.

Marino elevated average teams to postseason, El has had some really talented teams around him and hasn't been able to win except for the fluke run of '07. As well as he is playing now they are only 7-6 and wouldn't be in the race if they played in the AFC East.

Really? you'd be jealous of a team that we have advanced further than each of the last 2 years?

Let's be honest, you guys are jealous of the Titans b/c at least they are in the playoff race.

im not jealous of any team is my point. i think the pats, ravens, steelers are really the only organizations that people really can envy, because they do it every single year. my point was if i was going to look up to any team (or be jealous as you put it), it would be teams in those situations. you act as if the afc championship game is something that is going to strech over time, i just dont think people really care that you guys went. that includes me, pundits and other teams fans. i dont think you guys suck, but i dont look up to the jest by any means. i know we are going to get creamed by the pats when we play in foxboro. i know we are going to lose to buffalo we go up north. i always feel like we are going to beat the jest no matter where we play them. why is that?

to be honest with you. i thought the packers winning the super bowl last year was a fluke, that had a so so season (we even beat them in lambeau), until this season i see that they are actually legit. who knows, maybe one day the jest will prove we wrong. but when you lose to the broncos and other bad teams. its hard for me to have respect for them.

We had no run game in the title game last year, if our D showed up we win that game.

You are counting their 4 playoff wins which include a title game win and SB win, our D hasn't been able to win a title game or get to a SB. It gets harder to hold teams down the further you get and even w/ that our D's gave up the same amount of points and we had LESS turnovers so I'm not sure what your point is?

They would asbolutely have won w/ Sanchez as Eli did what Sanchez has done, make some big plays in big spots. The problem w/ Eli is he could only do it that one month, he hasn't been able to take that to another postseason- Sanchez has.

Marino elevated average teams to postseason, El has had some really talented teams around him and hasn't been able to win except for the fluke run of '07. As well as he is playing now they are only 7-6 and wouldn't be in the race if they played in the AFC East.

The point is, you are saying Eli's wins was all D, and want to give Sanchez more credit when the facts are that the Jets D has allowed the same amount of points in their wins as the Giants D in their wins. They only had 1 less turnover, so the defenses were nearly identical in regards to point allowed and turnovers. The difference is Eli won with no running game. Sanchez was able to make plays in spots because he had a running game that was moving the ball. This is shown in Mark's passing yards compared to the Jets rushing yards. Look at Eli's passing yards compared to the teams rushing yards. The Giants had to rely on Eli much more than the Jets relied on Mark in his 4 playoff wins.

Give Mark some more time, and if he is the same QB he is now, his playoff record will be worse than Eli's.

im not jealous of any team is my point. i think the pats, ravens, steelers are really the only organizations that people really can envy, because they do it every single year. my point was if i was going to look up to any team (or be jealous as you put it), it would be teams in those situations. you act as if the afc championship game is something that is going to strech over time, i just dont think people really care that you guys went. that includes me, pundits and other teams fans. i dont think you guys suck, but i dont look up to the jest by any means. i know we are going to get creamed by the pats when we play in foxboro. i know we are going to lose to buffalo we go up north. i always feel like we are going to beat the jest no matter where we play them. why is that?

to be honest with you. i thought the packers winning the super bowl last year was a fluke, that had a so so season (we even beat them in lambeau), until this season i see that they are actually legit. who knows, maybe one day the jest will prove we wrong. but when you lose to the broncos and other bad teams. its hard for me to have respect for them.

How do the Rawvens do it every single year? They have 4 playoff wins since 2002, the Jets have 4 the last 2 years. The Jets have advanced further than NE both years, further than Bal both years and further than Pitt one of the 2 years.

Last I checked the Broncos are 7-1 w/ Tebow and lead their division. Who are the bad teams we lost to?

There's a long way to go, we may not make the playoffs or we could go on another run? we'll see.

The point is, you are saying Eli's wins was all D, and want to give Sanchez more credit when the facts are that the Jets D has allowed the same amount of points in their wins as the Giants D in their wins. They only had 1 less turnover, so the defenses were nearly identical in regards to point allowed and turnovers. The difference is Eli won with no running game. Sanchez was able to make plays in spots because he had a running game that was moving the ball. This is shown in Mark's passing yards compared to the Jets rushing yards. Look at Eli's passing yards compared to the teams rushing yards. The Giants had to rely on Eli much more than the Jets relied on Mark in his 4 playoff wins.

Give Mark some more time, and if he is the same QB he is now, his playoff record will be worse than Eli's.

I never said it was all D, Eli made plays to win games. Eli deserves a ton of cresdit just like Sanchez, the difference btw the 2 is A)Sanchez has proven '09 wasn't a fluke and B)Eli's D stepped up in the title game and SB.

The Giants had a running game, to say no running game isn't fair. They didn't have Shonn Greene '09 games but they ran it effectively enough.

By the way, it also took Eli 4 years to ein a playoff game while Mark did it his first 2 years.

How do the Rawvens do it every single year? They have 4 playoff wins since 2002, the Jets have 4 the last 2 years. The Jets have advanced further than NE both years, further than Bal both years and further than Pitt one of the 2 years.

Last I checked the Broncos are 7-1 w/ Tebow and lead their division. Who are the bad teams we lost to?

There's a long way to go, we may not make the playoffs or we could go on another run? we'll see.

I never said it was all D, Eli made plays to win games. Eli deserves a ton of cresdit just like Sanchez, the difference btw the 2 is A)Sanchez has proven '09 wasn't a fluke and B)Eli's D stepped up in the title game and SB.

The Giants had a running game, to say no running game isn't fair. They didn't have Shonn Greene '09 games but they ran it effectively enough.

By the way, it also took Eli 4 years to ein a playoff game while Mark did it his first 2 years.

It's funny that you go back to 2002 when comparing the Ravens to the Jets. What does the 2002 -2006 team have to do with the 2007 - 2010 team? They are completely different teams. The Jets advanced further than Bal the last 2 years only because of the teams they played in the early rounds. The Jets lost to the same teams Bal did a round earlier. If the Jets played Pitt in round 2 last year, they would have lost just like they did in the AFCC game. Same with Indy in '09.

No doubt Eli had a great D, but Sanchez had a similar D and a better running game to go along with it.
Eli won a Super Bowl beating the best teams in the NFC and AFC. Sanchez has not proven anything. The only team the Jets have beat in the playoffs that was any good was NE. It is yet to be determined if that was a fluke or not. If the Jets can beat a team like Pitt, NE, or Bal in the playoffs this year, then I will say it wasn't a fluke. Wins against a dead Cincy team, and overrated SD, and a banged up Indy doesn't prove anything to me.

It's funny that you go back to 2002 when comparing the Ravens to the Jets. What does the 2002 -2006 team have to do with the 2007 - 2010 team? They are completely different teams. The Jets advanced further than Bal the last 2 years only because of the teams they played in the early rounds. The Jets lost to the same teams Bal did a round earlier. If the Jets played Pitt in round 2 last year, they would have lost just like they did in the AFCC game. Same with Indy in '09.

No doubt Eli had a great D, but Sanchez had a similar D and a better running game to go along with it.
Eli won a Super Bowl beating the best teams in the NFC and AFC. Sanchez has not proven anything. The only team the Jets have beat in the playoffs that was any good was NE. It is yet to be determined if that was a fluke or not. If the Jets can beat a team like Pitt, NE, or Bal in the playoffs this year, then I will say it wasn't a fluke. Wins against a dead Cincy team, and overrated SD, and a banged up Indy doesn't prove anything to me.

Go back the last 2 years since we got rex then? either way we come out on top.

WE HAD THE TOUGHER DIV RD GAMES, we played the hottest teams in the AFC each year. It's hard to beat those guys THEN win at Indy or Pitt. The Jets advanced further b/c we have been BETTER.

Our D folded in the title games, Eli's did not. The Jets beat the 2 hottest teams in the league the past 2 years on the road w/ those teams having a bye.

a dead Cincy team- we aren't talking about Miami '08 or KC '10 here. Cincy actually won a tough division sweeping BOTH Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

Go back the last 2 years since we got rex then? either way we come out on top.

WE HAD THE TOUGHER DIV RD GAMES, we played the hottest teams in the AFC each year. It's hard to beat those guys THEN win at Indy or Pitt. The Jets advanced further b/c we have been BETTER.

Our D folded in the title games, Eli's did not. The Jets beat the 2 hottest teams in the league the past 2 years on the road w/ those teams having a bye.

a dead Cincy team- we aren't talking about Miami '08 or KC '10 here. Cincy actually won a tough division sweeping BOTH Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

The Jets have not advanced further becasue they have been better. If Bal faced Cincy, and then SD, they would have made the AFCC game just like the Jets. If the Jets faced NE, and then Indy in '09, they would not have made the AFCC game. If the Jets faced KC, and then Pitt in '10, they would not have made the AFCC game. Bal has been the better team the last 2 years. They have proven that the last 2 times they played the Jets.

The Jets have not advanced further becasue they have been better. If Bal faced Cincy, and then SD, they would have made the AFCC game just like the Jets. If the Jets faced NE, and then Indy in '09, they would not have made the AFCC game. If the Jets faced KC, and then Pitt in '10, they would not have made the AFCC game. Bal has been the better team the last 2 years. They have proven that the last 2 times they played the Jets.

They probably wouldn't have beaten VCincy and they wouldn't have beaten NE last year.

We would have had a better shot against Indy in the div rd rather than having to fly across Country and play a late Sunday game the week before in SD.

The Jets have been better the last 2 years, same # of reg season wins w/ double the playoff wins.

Some teams match up better w/ other teams, like Miami beating the Jets 3 of 4 times the previous 2 years. No sane person would say Miami was anywhere near as good as the Jets the last 2 years but they beat us 75% of the time.

over the last 2 years you have lost to miami (at new york), oakland this year and denver. i cant believe you think denver is a good team. are you ok with your defense getting schooled by tebow in the final drive. how about revis ducking that tackle, lmao.

how about his, since you think denver is so good, i bet you a lifetime ban (in this forum) that they will NOT beat new england this weekend. please reply.

Nobody is jealous.....don't you think if we were jealous the jest wouldn't be the team with be talking **** about. If we were jealous of any team it would be the pats, I don't see a 16 page thread about how their qb sucks. You are dillusional and eventually (this season) we will have the last laugh.

well to be fair, after a bad preseason game you guys did start a thread about Brady saying he was overrated/average/a system QB that lasted several pages and usually when someone brings up Mallet someone goes off on how he's an evil cokehead :rolleyes2:

well to be fair, after a bad preseason game you guys did start a thread about Brady saying he was overrated/average/a system QB that lasted several pages and usually when someone brings up Mallet someone goes off on how he's an evil cokehead :rolleyes2:

2 pages? A little crap talking about Brady being bi-sexual (which he is). As far as mallet. He hasn't contributed to the pats, talking **** about him is no reflection on what they have accomplished. I wish we had him, a) I think he can be good, b) it's been a while since I did a line.

over the last 2 years you have lost to miami (at new york), oakland this year and denver. i cant believe you think denver is a good team. are you ok with your defense getting schooled by tebow in the final drive. how about revis ducking that tackle, lmao.

how about his, since you think denver is so good, i bet you a lifetime ban (in this forum) that they will NOT beat new england this weekend. please reply.

The last 2 years we made title games so who cares who we lost to in the reg season? the discussion was about THIS year and oaklnad was good earlier in the year w/ a healthy Campebll and McFadden. They are a different team now and like it or not Denver is a good team right now.

What does them beating NE or not have to do w/ anything? Cle crushed a much better NE team last year- did that mean they were a good team?

I'll take the quarterback.

This is kind of late....but LOL at people calling Matt Moore better than Sanchez.

Back
Top Bottom