'Say a prayer'  Barbaro hurt at Preakness | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

'Say a prayer'  Barbaro hurt at Preakness

DonShula84 said:
I need to be human to understand why people care more about a horse than an actual person. I wish we could be as big hearted as you :shakeno:

read for comprehension

Who said that?

DonShula84 said:
I quoted the post I was refering to

You quoted Section and I never saw him say that.....

Should we care more than if a human dies? No

Is it okay to care and feel for the person who's horse it is? of course

We cant controll the media coverage but we can feel bad.....

Alex22 said:
You quoted Section and I never saw him say that.....

Should we care more than if a human dies? No

Is it okay to care and feel for the person who's horse it is? of course

We cant controll the media coverage but we can feel bad.....

What? I laid out how I felt. Saying i didnt understand how the horse got more coverage and more out pouring of prayers/cards then the driver. He said to understand our position you have to be human. Meaning if you disagree w/ him you arent human. I found it odd that caring more for a horse then the human as a sign that I was some how less human. I also laid out that I thought it was sad, and hoped the horse got better like most people did.

Originally Posted by DonShula84
There is a difference between saying I dont see what the out pouring is over and saying I hope the horse dies. When a horse gets more press than a person forgive me if I think that is a little odd. But I mean hey, you made money off the horse so please take your time grieving.

I definitely think it was a sad thing to see happen. And hope he recovers, I just thought the press and peoples reaction went a little overboard.

I made NO money on him. I actually LOST money on him.

I am a fan of the sport. It saddens me that he got hurt.

If you were a real horse racing fan..you would understand.

IMO, you just need to be human to understand our point of view

hope that helps

DonShula84 said:
What? I laid out how I felt. Saying i didnt understand how the horse got more coverage and more out pouring of prayers/cards then the driver. He said to understand our position you have to be human. Meaning if you disagree w/ him you arent human. I found it odd that caring more for a horse then the human as a sign that I was some how less human. I also laid out that I thought it was sad, and hoped the horse got better like most people did.

Actually the race car driver got alot of media coverage, ESPNEWS had it on for a week, interviews with Danica Patrick and the team. It was a tough crash to watch, but also tough to see that poor horse limp the way it did.
Either way they were both terrible things to happen.The horse is only 3 years old. And yes, the driver was a young man. a very dangerous sport, I might add.

DonShula84 said:
I need to be human to understand why people care more about a horse than an actual person. I wish we could be as big hearted as you :shakeno:

read for comprehension

I made a general statement. It had to do with having sympathy for this animal.

read for comprehension.

you just need to be human to understand our point of view
seems pretty cut and dry what you said....i must not human if i dont care as much about a horse than a human life

tucker said:
seems pretty cut and dry what you said....i must not human if i dont care as much about a horse than a human life

You guys have reading comprehension problems.

maybe its not us and actually you? i dunno

tucker said:
maybe its not us and actually you? i dunno

clear.gif
Its not you, its me.

Back
Top Bottom