'Say a prayer'  Barbaro hurt at Preakness | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

'Say a prayer'  Barbaro hurt at Preakness

its a horse... big deal, horses die all the time from freak accidents..prayers for a freaking horse? how about prayers for the little kid who has a tumor in the back of his head...i watch these big time horse races, but its not something i really worry about other than these 3 races...i guess it may be sad since the media has made such a hoopla over this, but i'm not going to lose sleep over it...

Vertical Limit said:
It's just a horse? What point are you trying to make with that post? I'm just a human, and so are you. While you are being an ignorant *******, why don't you just shrug your shoulders off Paul Dana's death as well?
umm thats a personal attack isnt it? shouldn't he be warned with two points? :rolleyes:

and regarding the bold part, who? *shrugs shoulders*

tucker said:
umm thats a personal attack isnt it? shouldn't he be warned with two points? :rolleyes:

and regarding the bold part, who? *shrugs shoulders*

Paul Dana was the Indy racer that crashed during practice and died a couple of months ago.

pigskinguy said:
Paul Dana was the Indy racer that crashed during practice and died a couple of months ago.

Yea, and got maybe 1/100 the press that a horse is getting.

culpepper2chambers said:
barbora hasnt died right?

No Barbaro underwent surgery for three fractures and they put a plate and about 20+ pins in his leg. He is in a harness in a swimming pool recovering...they said he could be there for weeks or months. Hopefully he will survive. I know a horse is not a person, but I don't think people should say "so what." :rolleyes2

TerryTate said:
Yea, and got maybe 1/100 the press that a horse is getting.

You are right..I hope that horse dies. :rolleyes2

Come on guys..don't be so insensitive.

Or is it that you guys just don't understand?

It is a selfless animal..that is there to entertain us and make us a little money as well...you feel an attachment to the animal because he gives you so much with you giving him so little. He is injured. he might die. SCREW HIM! Get it?

The ignorance and heartless nature of some of the posts in this thread have really hurt my perception of fellow finheavener's.

Section126 said:

It is a selfless animal..that is there to entertain us and make us a little money as well...you feel an attachment to the animal because he gives you so much with you giving him so little. He is injured. he might die. SCREW HIM! Get it?

The ignorance and heartless nature of some of the posts in this thread have really hurt my perception of fellow finheavener's.

I agree with you section.

My family in Arizona have quite a few horses and there like family, if it was a cousin they wouldn't say well it's your 3rd or 4th cousin let them die or who cares, no it's family you do what you can for them. Just like a dog or a cat.

tucker said:
its a horse... big deal, horses die all the time from freak accidents..prayers for a freaking horse? how about prayers for the little kid who has a tumor in the back of his head...i watch these big time horse races, but its not something i really worry about other than these 3 races...i guess it may be sad since the media has made such a hoopla over this, but i'm not going to lose sleep over it...

I dont pray but I pray for my girlfriend because she has a disease

Its not the same as a person but people still love that horse, and its sad when anyone/anything dies young

Section126 said:

There is a difference between saying I dont see what the out pouring is over and saying I hope the horse dies. When a horse gets more press than a person forgive me if I think that is a little odd. But I mean hey, you made money off the horse so please take your time grieving.

I definitely think it was a sad thing to see happen. And hope he recovers, I just thought the press and peoples reaction went a little overboard.

DonShula84 said:
There is a difference between saying I dont see what the out pouring is over and saying I hope the horse dies. When a horse gets more press than a person forgive me if I think that is a little odd. But I mean hey, you made money off the horse so please take your time grieving.

I definitely think it was a sad thing to see happen. And hope he recovers, I just thought the press and peoples reaction went a little overboard.

I made NO money on him. I actually LOST money on him.

I am a fan of the sport. It saddens me that he got hurt.

If you were a real horse racing fan..you would understand.

IMO, you just need to be human to understand our point of view.

Section126 said:
I made NO money on him. I actually LOST money on him.

I am a fan of the sport. It saddens me that he got hurt.

If you were a real horse racing fan..you would understand.

IMO, you just need to be human to understand our point of view.

I need to be human to understand why people care more about a horse than an actual person. I wish we could be as big hearted as you :shakeno:

read for comprehension

Section126 said:

Of course I don't want the horse to die, I just think the media coverage is overboard, that's my gripe.

Back
Top Bottom