Schefter: Ross personally called Bengals about Carson Palmer | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schefter: Ross personally called Bengals about Carson Palmer

I dont care what the critics say i have no problem with him "interfering" we Irelands Job; That guys useless...its amazing how people want to give him credit for what? Our spectacular draft picks? Our even more spectacular FA? Please give me a break most of us could of played GM drafting players and signing FA and i guarantee you 50%+ of us would have done as well if not better.

We should be ecstatic that the owner valued the 1st rd pick enough not to give it away, especially for Palmer. I strongly doubt if we get a strong FO staff he will be the next Jerry Jones;

Trading our 1st for Palmer would have been the worst decision of all time, especially when we are looking at Luck or Griffin III right now.

Palmer may be able to help the Raiders who by the way have mortgaged basically the whole 2012 draft... but I highly doubt that he could have made a difference in Miami. Another thing to note is that the Raiders play in a significantly worse division therefore giving Palmer a better chance to succeed. Palmer is not mobile and has significant injury history, that would have been a disaster with the turnstile Colombo at right tackle. Why would anyone think Palmer has anything left in the tank anyway, his best years are behind him. The Raiders were fleeced, typical Raiders move... to cut off your nose despite your face. This move reminds me of the 2009 and 2010 Jets moves, the Raiders are all in for 2011 like it or not at least they are willing to make a move and take some chances, this is in stark contrast to the Dolphins of the past decade and even more evident of this sad regime we've been stuck with for the past 4 years!!!!

Adam Schefter just said on ESPN that the Dolphins have tried multiple times to trade for Carson Palmer and that most of those phone calls were made by Steve Ross himself who was unwilling to trade a first round pick. It seems like Ross is our new GM...

Just what I suspected........this team went down hill when he came onto the scene.......we were headed in the right direction then all of a sudden we started trading high draft picks for problem WR, little guys who get hurt and old over the hill former players.......we will get a new regime next yr but I dont see anything changing because Ross wants to be the next Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder..........

Speaks volumes about Ireland's future with the team. When the owner is stepping in to do your job then your days are numbered.

I can appreciate his effort. at least his is not sitting on his ***.

however, I think we're better having not landed carson palmer.

This kind of **** being leaked NOW that he has been traded smacks to me of a Dolphin front office that is trying to save what little face they have left. Schefter's source was probably the same one that has been leaking the info that "Sparano is safe for now", etc. I have heard Joe Rose speculate that it is Mike Dee, which would make sense. So if its true so what, and if not true and a convenient cover story, so what - the bottom line is we don't have him and Oakland does. And of course the blind homers will still think Ross is a wonderful owner and that he cares.......awwwwwww.

A classic dichotomy:

one one hand you don't want a pedestrian owner to meddle

but on the other hand, whether it's putting the kibosh on Orton or drawing a line in the sand for what Palmer's worth, as compared to Ireland and Sparano who have shown no hesitation to waste Ross's guaranteed money, thank heavens he is!

The fact that Ross is doing his best Jimmy Jones impression IMO signals the end of Ireland too.

Glad Ross stuck to his guns. Oakland can keep Palmer.

Agreed. The Raiders still make interesting decisions even after Al passed away.

Spesh said:
Just when i think Ross "gets it".......

What is "it"? Whatever "it" is. Palmer did/does not have "it". The Raiders don't get "it". Ross IMO has an idea of what "it" might be.

Maybe YOU don't get it. Palmer for anything less than a first would be a no-brainer

Lets examine our two choices:

A 21 year old phenom(or another 21 year old stud) or a 32 year old oft-injured quarterback coming off a 20 interception season. Clearly the 32 year old is the one we should go with! Franchise quarterback!

I mean, we'd only be spending a second round pick, right? That has never come back to bite us before at all. Ever. Daunte Culpepper agrees with that statement.

This was before the season, at least he tried to get him on the cheap.

This was before anyone had dreams of Andrew Luck. NOBODY thought we would be this bad. May have felt Palmer would've been the difference between 9-7/10-6 and 7-9. Boy were we wrong about even getting to 7-9.

What is "it"? Whatever "it" is. Palmer did/does not have "it". The Raiders don't get "it". Ross IMO has an idea of what "it" might be.

"It" is the understanding of what it takes to build a franchise correctly. "It" is a understanding that trading for broken down has been quarterbacks coming off horrific seasons might not be the best investment. "It" is a understanding that the only place to land a franchise quarterback is the NFL draft.

"It" is not calling other owners multiple times attempting to trade for their backup after that other owner just burned a draft pick on a young quarterback.
So no, Ross does not "have it".

Back
Top Bottom