Schottenheimer Fired - Mergedx3 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schottenheimer Fired - Mergedx3

Thats what I was thinking. Any chance of Marty coming to Miami to be the OC for a year since were having troubles finding one? Doubtful but you never know right?

you know what, this is kinda what i thought might happen, after losing almost everyone else on that staff, Marty was pretty much the only guy left, i figured that they might decide to just complete the package and overhaul the whole coaching staff. Why replace everyone except the head coach when he is already under scrutiny to begin with? This is a good move for SD, sucks for marty though.

Marty to Cleveland? Maybe as OC this time?
Cam and Marty reunite in Miami!
Cam as OC.

That'd be nice.

I am speechless, loss of speech. My opinion, no chance Marty takes less than a Head Coaching job. Will anybody fire their coach just to pick up Marty?? I mean where could he go unless he takes a year off or retires? And who's San Diego going to get... it's not like they could promote Cameron or Phillips now...

he was fired because he wouldn't take an extension and he lost too many coaches

it is way late in the game, but when you have a lame duck HC and no coordinators it can't get much worse

maybe AJ likes Rivera

That has to be the dumbest move in the history of football lol. Kind of late to be firing your HC, who the hell are they gonna get to replace him?

His son :chuckle:

No seriously, that organization is getting really messed up.

I am speechless, loss of speech. My opinion, no chance Marty takes less than a Head Coaching job. Will anybody fire their coach just to pick up Marty?? I mean where could he go unless he takes a year off or retires? And who's San Diego going to get... it's not like they could promote Cameron or Phillips now...

No they can't because they have signed elsewhere already as HCs. I think Marty takes a year off. I have no clue what SD is going to do.

Depending on how close Cam and Marty were it's not out of the realm of possibility that Marty would come here as OC. San Diego is on the hook to pay him for next year unless he takes another HC job, so if he took the OC job here they would still have to pay him plus he could help Cam out. Not to mention all the HC vacancies have been filled. I would be surprised to see Marty come here as OC but it is plausible when you think about it.

That has to be the dumbest move in the history of football lol. Kind of late to be firing your HC, who the hell are they gonna get to replace him?

it is Marty's fault, he refused the 1-year extension and became a lameduck

How about John Gruden? Thats right up his alley. A tough, run oriented team, young QB, strong OL DL, in the trenches team that could easily be in the Superbowl next yr. Who else? Would Pete Carroll leave for that? Denny Green is out there, Jim Fassel is out there. Norv Turner? I think Gruden would be a coach who would jump if he could. His team looks pretty bad right now.

:dolphins:

How about John Gruden? Thats right up his alley. A tough, run oriented team, young QB, strong OL DL, in the trenches team that could easily be in the Superbowl next yr. Who else? Would Pete Carroll leave for that? Denny Green is out there, Jim Fassel is out there. Norv Turner? I think Gruden would be a coach who would jump if he could. His team looks pretty bad right now.

:dolphins:

I don't see any prominent coach leaving their present job to take over under these circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom