Schottenheimer Fired - Mergedx3 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schottenheimer Fired - Mergedx3

it is Marty's fault, he refused the 1-year extension and became a lameduck

LOL I don't blame him for refusing the extension, It was insulting to offer the man a 1 year extension with a buyout clause.

well im pissed i didnt really care much about cam and wade leaving but this is bull****.

ok. cant reall y beliecve that. wowsers!.

the guy wins 14 out of 16, and they can him... with ( mYBE parcells) no replacements out there..

oh well. one less team to stand in OUR WAY!!!

LETS GO DOLPHINS!!!!

How about John Gruden? Thats right up his alley. A tough, run oriented team, young QB, strong OL DL, in the trenches team that could easily be in the Superbowl next yr. Who else? Would Pete Carroll leave for that? Denny Green is out there, Jim Fassel is out there. Norv Turner? I think Gruden would be a coach who would jump if he could. His team looks pretty bad right now.

:dolphins:

Uhm, Gruden doesn't really seem to care much for young Qb's. He is the one who brought in Rich Gannon to the Raiders. Gannon was pretty much a journeyman QB until Gruden got ahold of him. Same with Brad Johnson in Tampa Bay, whom Gruden won a championship with. If anything, Gruden would look to bring in a veteran QB.

Uhm, Gruden doesn't really seem to care much for young Qb's. He is the one who brought in Rich Gannon to the Raiders. Gannon was pretty much a journeyman QB until Gruden got ahold of him. Same with Brad Johnson in Tampa Bay, whom Gruden won a championship with. If anything, Gruden would look to bring in a veteran QB.

If you think they would let anyone come in and bench rivers you are seriously high.

When the Chargers decided to bring him back, Schottenheimer raised eyebrows by declining the team's offer of a one-year extension for 2008 worth $4.5 million, with a $1 million buyout.

no coach should ever, I mean EVER go into a season in the last year of his contract

AJ wanted Marty gone, the owner wanted him to stay. so they offer him the standard, avoid-the-lame-duck extension(the one that Billick took cuz he knew better)

Marty refuses the extension and his coaches are gone, leaving the chargers no choice

Marty should have either quit or accepted the extension

If i was pete carroll id take the job if they offered it, by far the best canidate out there and he'd get paid and then he could just go back to college later like nick sabans plan was all along, he'd also dodge the recruiting scandal and any chance of recieving the wrath of it

If i was pete carroll id take the job if they offered it, by far the best canidate out there and he'd get paid and then he could just go back to college later like nick sabans plan was all along, he'd also dodge the recruiting scandal and any chance of recieving the wrath of it

Carroll is a garbage NFL coach i would hope the spanos have a clue and dont hire that idiot.

Total shock....After they gave him a one year extension too. Well, i guess the rumors that AJ and martyball didn't talk at all are true....

Back
Top Bottom