Sean Smith Agent comments on Sean's Practice Today | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean Smith Agent comments on Sean's Practice Today

Don't forget Gardner. There is no doubt he will make the team. We need a young OT at backup and he has gotten more reps than anyone on the team so far in camp.

They'll definitely keep him considering the importance of the position, and the fact they are giving him so much playing time already.

I was listening to an interview by Justin Smiley today and he went on and on about Andrew Gardner. When asked who was the best rookie out there so far Smiley answered Gardner.

Of course he is partial to OL but it was great news to hear. Smiley said he was obviously coached well in college. I love hearing that too being a huge GT fan.

I don't know who you're referring to but I'd have taken Sean Smith at #25 over Vontae Davis and again at #44 over Pat White, and when their pick came up at #56 I would have taken him instead of trading down to #61, and when they got to #61 I was hoping they'd take him even though they just took Vontae Davis, and when they actually did I finally breathed my first sigh of relief in the whole first day of the draft.
The day after the entire draft I would have agreed with you that Smith was the best value we got in the draft. There is no way I could touch the type of research that you do but I would have been inclined to pick Davis over Smith at the #25 slot in the 1st round as the safer pick but I sure felt lucky we got Smith at the end of the 2nd round for sure.
I know we are just into training camp but with Murphy looking to making moves from last years draft class and Harline appearing to shine a bit I am starting to get impressed with our scouting department a bit more.
It will be real interesting to see if Nalborne and Folsom can stick from this years draft that would almost be a bit amaziing. IMO

Still I hang that the majority of our picks might have been available later in the draft in terms of value which is an argument againt our drafting department. BUT if the majority stick and contribute who really cares at the end of the day.

Can i ask you what you have heard since you seem to be objective.

I'm curious what a jets fan has heard.

Just various reports I have read syaing he's looking good in camp. I reserve judgment until I see him but I have heard good reports from camp.

smith might have been a first round pick if he had a better combine

And if he had played for a team that wasn't as disrespected as Utah.
I'm a Canes fan, so I have no bias, but Utah was the best team in the country last yr.
Every "expert" thought that a real team from the SEC would expose them. Instead what we saw was Utah take apart a highly regarded Bama team.

I remember when CK posted his draft review. Good post.

But, he had Turner rated higher than just about everyone else on the board, and he gave the selection a "C." I immediately loved Turner's potential and said that the pick deserved at least a "B" and went as far as saying he could be a better pro than Nicks - the player many wanted instead of V. Davis. CK also gave the Davis pick a "D" - largely because he wanted Nicks instead of Davis. As a talent, Davis is far superior to Nicks, and he seems to be making all the right moves in camp - speaking of his "character" as much as his play on the field.

I must admit that I'm still not jumping for joy over the P. White pick, but I'm not yet down on the selection. But, looking at the first four picks, three of them are excelling far beyond their draft positions. Giving our draft preliminary low grades now looks silly.

Noone specifc, mostly the masses. If you look at the overall picture of what they did draft day and they did more then ok.

Looks like they hit with Turner, Smith and Davis. Clemons is getting notice.Hartline is getting plenty attention,

If pat white eventually hits, I would say this draft was gold, the rest of the draft pics dont even matter at that point.

Actually I think Smith, Davis, Clemons and Gardner will be the best picks of this draft, but only time will tell. I think turner will become a Jurevicous type of WR, and Hartline .... I really have doubts about him.

how about LOCK-SMITH!!

sean "LOCK" smith.... the LOCKSMITH!

hope his knee is ok. could let the air out of this
already. :(

It's funny, many have said that the best Corner in this years draft might have been Davis, and now it's looking like it might actually be a toss up between Davis and Smith.....Both Miami Dolphins :lol: I like it

It's funny, many have said that the best Corner in this years draft might have been Davis, and now it's looking like it might actually be a toss up between Davis and Smith.....Both Miami Dolphins :lol: I like it

How soon before we start seeing Davis and Smith are better than Revis?

How soon before we start seeing Davis and Smith are better than Revis?

I think Revis could well be the 2nd or 3rd best CB in the league. We will also run a different D, though, so it'll be difficult to compare them in the future. Even if - HUGE IF - either or both end up playing at the level of Revis (thinking down the road), it'll be almost impossible to compare.

Like I said during the draft, I love all of our picks aside from the Hartline pick.

It's holding true for me to this day except for the fact that Turner is exceeding my expectations.

Hold on. You mean to tell me a player's agent said something positive about their client? The hell you say. Truly, this is an unprecidented event and a clear indicator that Smith will be legend.

Jimmany christmas people.

Not saying Smith isn't going to be great....But damn guys...It's his AGENT!

I'll take 2 good YOUNG CB's over 1 very good one

Uh...Revis has played two years in the NFL. What is he....Over the hill? Right now we have no idea if Smith or Davis are going to be even starters. We HOPE they will be,a nd, indications are they WILL be, but right now Revis has to get the nod as the real deal....because...well...He's proven it.

Back
Top Bottom